Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community Network

Who could it be now? Who can it be now? Men at Work Mandella effected

Who could it be now?  What do you remember?

Views: 1511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tally see I recall Men At Work singing the lyric's  'who can it be now' and not 'who could it be now'..but in this movie scene in the original movie with Tom Cruise I also dont recall him ever wearing dark glasses in that scene either unless they did two takes and some saw on and other countries saw another,thats possible ..but in other scenes in the movie yes he had Raybands? I think..

I also recall him wearing glasses in the movie 'Top Gun' though but they were metal framed ones in that movie..and in 'Tropic Thunder' movie though with much makeup on to look older he also had glasses on,metal framed ones...

I think people are just loosing the plot with too much movie watching & memories in their heads & getting confused between all these movies and also there have been many remakes of certain scenes later on with other added things in them such as like in adverts etc,with technology you can do that..Though I still dont think Tom Cruise dancing in his underwear had sun glasses on,because he was too young in it plus it was before the 'Top Gun' movie.I think adverts were made with him wearing them and other people doing the scenes with glasses on & that's why everyone thinks he did... best way to find out.. ask Tom Cruise himself if he was wearing sunglasses in that scene cos he'd know for sure..simple..

vlada m  Maybe a little research into the Mandela Effect will change your mind

Not necessary.. cos I already have looked into it far more than all of you have and found out what it actually is...Plus I'm not being ignorant nor closed minded either...it's cos its not this made up 'Mandella Effect' it's just inattentiveness Or selective attention,termed as 'Invisible Gorilla'..http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/forum/topics/the-invisible-gorilla.....its a human brain condition that people just miss a heck of a lot that goes on around them in their reality, from bands changing members, media products or logo changes,natural occurrences like changing green light positions from top to bottom... to people all singing incorrect lyrics in a song or thinking Nelson Mandella died when he clearly didn't and was a African ceremony honoring him and his fight for his freedom from prison... which are all totally natural cos after all its a human thing,as well as the ignorance by the masses who act like copy cats all making up & repeating stuff till everyone forgets the original things,then they think its a alternate reality when it's not...every person on this post even ignored the link I provided to information explaining this natural human intuition condition..they would much rather believe the made up rubbish of a Mandella Effect instead..or  get pleasure from attacking anyone who dosnt meld & agree to their way of thinking and label them with being totally ignorant or close minded..yeah right..just another human condition..

he did wear sun glasses

The older I get, the more I realize and learn to accept that my long term memory can't really be trusted. Something as simple as a carefully prepared disinfo op, can disrupt its accuracy and tune it to conform with the disinfo rather than Reality.

Believe it or not Pet, but you have actually helped me to evolve my understanding of how my brain works. :)

glad to help ac-your brain is working fine

but what ya all are missin too is Men Without Hats S-a-f-e-t-y dance-no more mention of "you can dance if you want to'

I remember "you can dance if you want to'.. very clearly.

To true.. here ,..here ..I second that.. 

I sing along with songs for years and then find that I got the lyrics wrong...not the mandela effect, just  mis-perception.  We all know that we cannot trust what we see for our brain will fill in the details often very wrong.  Just ask any 3 eye witnesses at an event...they will each give a different story of what happened.. 

´´

´´Our brains are notoriously untrustworthy, often inventing memories and relying on biases to fill in gaps in our understanding.

One of these gaps is in our field of vision, which has blind spots that the brain fills in with made-up information.

A number of optical illusions take advantage of this phenomenon, tricking our brains by placing shapes directly in our blind spots.

Now a new study has found that our brains prefer this 'fake vision' to the real thing, suggesting we should be less trusting of our senses, one expert claims.´´

´´

Human memory constantly adapts and moulds itself to fit the world. Now an art project hopes to highlight just how fallible our recollections are.

All of us generate false memories and artist AR Hopwood has been "collecting" them.

For the past year he has asked the public to submit anecdotes of fake recollections which he turns into artistic representations.

They have ranged from the belief of eating a live mouse to a memory of being able to fly as a child.

One man who wrote in wrongly believed his girlfriend had a sister who died while at the dentist. So strong was his conviction that he kept all his dentist visits secret.

He wrote: "Over dinner one day she said she was going to the dentist the next week. It all went quiet at the table and my mum said it must be hard for her to visit the dentist after what had happened."

The false memory archive

A selection of anonymous false memories:

I remember biting into a mouse when I was four [and living] in Indonesia in order to make my brother be quiet... A mouse ran by and I bit into it. Blood filled my mouth and ran down my face.

I remembered that I saw a green comet on the sky through the window.

Watching the first Moon landing. I clearly remember it, from inside a playpen. But... I was three, and asleep in another room.

I can remember being able to fly as a small child. For years, in my teens I really struggled to accept that this wasn't a real memory.

Submit your own false memories

This is hardly a rare case. Neuroscientists say that many of our daily memories are falsely reconstructed because our view of the world is constantly changing.

Imagination trick

Subtle cues can easily steer our memories in the wrong direction.

half of the participants were tricked into believing they had taken a hot air balloon ride as a child, simply by showing them doctored photographic "evidence".

The reason our memories are so malleable, Kimberley Wade explains, is because there is simply too much information to take in.

"Our perceptual systems aren't built to notice absolutely everything in our environment. We take in information through all our senses but there are gaps," she adds.

"So when we remember an event, what our memory ultimately does is fills in those gaps by thinking about what we know about the world."

Lost keys

For the most part false memories are about everyday situations with no real consequences except the occasional disagreement with a friend or partner about trivial things like who lost the keys, again.

But sometimes, false memories can have more serious ramifications. For example, if an eyewitness testimony in court contributes to a false conviction.

Forensic technology has now led to many such convictions being overturned. The Innocence Project in the US campaigns to overturn eyewitness misidentification and lists all the people who have subsequently been acquitted.

The project reports that there have been 311 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the US, which includes 18 people who were sentenced to death before DNA evidence was able to prove their innocence.

Christopher French of Goldsmiths University in London says there is still a lack of awareness of how unreliable human memory is, especially in the legal system.

"Although this is common knowledge within psychology and widely accepted by anybody who has studied the literature, it's not widely known about in society more generally," he says.

"There are still people who believe memory works like a video camera as well as people who accept the Freudian notion of repression - that when something terrible happens the memory is shoved down into the subconscious."

According to another researcher, the errors the human brain makes can sometimes serve a useful purpose.

Sergio Della Sala, a cognitive neuroscientist at the University of Edinburgh, UK, says it can be thought of in the following way. Imagine you are in the jungle and you see some grass moving. Humans are likely to panic and run away, with the belief that there could be a tiger lurking.

A computer, however, might deduce that 99% of the time, it is simply the wind. If we behaved like the computer, we would be eaten the one time a tiger was present.

"The brain is prepared to make 99 errors to save us from the tiger. That's because the brain is not a computer. It works with irrational assumptions. It's prone to errors and it needs shortcuts," says Prof Della Sala.

False memories are the sign of a healthy brain, he adds. "They are a by-product of a memory system that works well. You can make inferences very fast."

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24286258

[Forensic technology has now led to many such convictions being overturned. The Innocence Project in the US campaigns to overturn eyewitness misidentification and lists all the people who have subsequently been acquitted.

The project reports that there have been 311 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the US, which includes 18 people who were sentenced to death before DNA evidence was able to prove their innocence.]

Totally agree with this,here's one ..17yrs lost & he was totally innocent.due to doppelganger & incorrect perception of a eye witness in a criminal line up..poor dude can never re-claim those years back either & it would have left soul trauma..

A man jailed for 17 years for a crime he didn't commit has been freed after authorities realised he had a criminal doppelganger.

Not only did Richard Anthony Jones share his face and hairstyle with the lookalike, they also had the same first name, the Kansas City Star reported.

Mr Jones was jailed in 1999 for aggravated robbery. Mr Jones' fingerprints and DNA were not found at the scene of the crime, but his face was picked out of a police database by a witness.

While in prison, Mr Jones was repeatedly told by other inmates he looked just like another inmate. After years of insisting he was innocent, his case reached the Midwest Innocence Project.

They found not only did he look remarkably like the other prisoner, his doppelganger had been living not far from where the robbery took place.

Witnesses to the crime, including the victim, were shown photographs of the two men and all said they could not be sure which of them did it.

"Everybody has a doppelganger," Mr Jones' attorney Alice Craig said.

"Luckily we found his."

RSS

Featured

© 2019  

About Cookies | Read Community Guidelines | Contact Us | Community Sponsorship