What Does Overcoming Duality Mean?

Hiya!

I have been pondering the wording of this theory and it unsettles me...

People talk of Ego so harshly. I understand that you mean we just teach the Ego-Self some manners (props to FeatherWinger for that). What confuses me, is the application of this theory into everyday, practical life? I'm sure if I searched deep enough I'd find the answers and that is my goal for the week :)

I'm interested to hear your thoughts though?

Indulge me?

Kindness

Emmy

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow, I want to hear more of these Laundry stories. Details, please, DETAILS!
  • I took my ego to the laundry, but then when i went back to pick it up, i found I had lost the ticket and they wouldn't give it back.  So, I had to send my Id into my subconscious to retrieve my ego.  After many strange and weird adventures I managed to rescue my ego and return to "normal" reality.  And, you know, ego wasn't even clean!  It still had stains and flaws and seemed stuck in "duality".  But, in retrospect, it was a lot of fun.

• Embrace accept and love....... The ego does not have to be this thing that we demonize, reject within us.......I think that is the key. I was thinking about it last night....changing the thinking and the wording around it. What we resist persists what we reject and deny the bigger it gets bigger while we are unaware. I liked what I read in this book about the ego and how(if I remember correctly) it does not have to change but only how it sees itself. the shifting of the ego to see itself as spirit.....
  • It's hilarious they mention the word vitamins in that commercial, because that's just about the only thing that food does NOT have in it. Saturated fat, refined sugar and bovine babyfood is what that food is, in actuality  :)

• In Taoist Metaphysics, the focus is on seeing that 'Duality' -THIS versus THAT- is a creation of the mind.

This and that is the natural polarization throughout the universe that creates movement and change.

the Old Master said,

Throughout  the world, Beauty can be seen as 'beauty,' only if there is 'ugliness'

You can only know good is cool because there is bad and its uncool!

So, Having and Not Having arise simultaneously

Difficult and Easy are complimentary

Long and Short are contrasting

High and Low are stacked on one another

Voice and Hearing are harmoniuos

Front and back tango together! : >

and so, the sage goes about his business; Nothin' doin'
    teaching others:

"don't be such a drama queen!

The Ten Thousand Things come and go all day long, endlessly

Creating, but claiming no ownership

Working without taking credit

Things are done, and then forgotten

Therefore, the Way it Is lasts forever

•                        ( ( ( Temet Nosce 247 ) ) ) 

8114283285?profile=original

“I find that the sensation of myself as an ego inside a bag of skin is really a hallucination.” ~Alan Watts

• -headnod- lol <3<3<3

• I've tried being completely egoless...I did stillness meditations, cleared my mind of all thoughts, and just went into a state of pure awareness....and it doesn't work. You can't live life that way. Without an ego, you have no desire to do anything at all. You just want to be, and let things be exactly as they are. You have to go into some level of ego, even to get out of bed, or type on a computer. It doesn't work, the ego exists for a reason.

And from what I understand...and from what I read....we're not supposed to totally get rid of the ego. We're supposed to balance the ego-self, with the soul-self. The egoic mind is a servant, the soul-heart...the master. The egoic mind works with this universe of separation and duality, the heart works with the inner being and soul....and that's the real reality, the outside universe is an illusion. We still need to operate in it though. We still need logic, and the ability to break things apart and analyze them. Or to structure things. We still need an intellect, we still need a mind that works to separate and divide things, and analyze them. As long as you're not stuck in the mind and intellect, and live from your heart and inner being, which works with unity and love, feeling and being.

That's the problem, the mind has become the master, and the heart disconnected. People live in their intellect...and in logic...and facts and figures and structure....it's been like that throughout history. We even invented something called "legal language" which is just complete mind. It complicates things unnecessarily. In the heart, everything is simple. The mind likes to divide things so much that it makes everything so complicated. We need to get out of the mind, and start getting into ourselves, our heart and soul, our inner being....and using the mind as the tool, the servant, that it's meant to be.

• Hiya!!!
    Returning to the one......from seeing yourself as seperate compartmentalizing, judging....from everything to seeing and feeling and knowing that you are one, united with everything. I was meditating last wed nite and it was the best mediation I have yet to experience. I was comfortable, my foot did not fall asleep, my butt did not hurt...hahahs It felt for a moment that the clouds had parted, and my ego gave way.(or something) Also my ego parted in the sense that I was aware that it is not about me, but us all, and angels and miracles move through other peoples lives as well. yes the ego does get a bad wrap, but it is apart of us and beautiful!!!!
  • Too many people bash the Ego. Your Ego is what makes you....you. It is your individuality. Source gave us this so that we would not all be the same. It is a part of your personality. There is nothing at all wrong with having an Ego...nothing. Now if you have an over inflated Ego, that is another story. You have to learn to control yourself, to include your Ego. Be virtuous and humble. Treat others as you would like to be treated, and see God in All things. To not have an ego would be liken to someone that is brain dead. You get out of bed, take a shower and brush your teeth. This stems from your ego (when you are old enough to take care of yourself), since you don't want others thinking that you are not hygienic. You do lots of small things that are not bad, but are driven to do so by your ego.

I think that the Ego has become the "Fall Guy/Scapegoat" in the spiritual quest. It is blamed for all kinds of things. I for one am glad that I have an Ego of sorts, as I don't like the idea of being a robot. The idea is to be in balance, to be at one with yourself and all of creation, to appreciate everything and everyone for who or what they are. Be at peace with who and what you are. You can keep your ego in check, as well as your wants, lusts, ambitions and a slew of other things.

We are all capable of good as well as evil, as they are in everyone of us. To deny anyone of these is to deny who and what you are. We are all walking talking dualities in our make up. We are the embodiment of the yin and the yang. Everyone has evil thoughts at one time or another. To deny them their time will only create havoc somewhere down the road. You give these thoughts their space and pat it on the head and send them on their way, but never deny them. You are the one that chooses which route that you want to take, which road you will travel. Be it service to others or service to self.

Bottom line is not to deny your ego. Keep it in balance along with every other thing that makes you....you. Be at one with yourself and all things. Those that travel the inner road will find that all things will eventually fall into place. This is the road less traveled, yet has, by far the best view. You will also find your guides, along the balance that you seek. To deny any part of yourself is to deny who and what you are....a part of God.

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

AlternateEarth posted a discussion
Vehicles found 50 feet under the bridge before collapse by sonar?  And why was the fire dept using sonar under the bridge before the collision? Singapore flag flown on the ship depicts a lunar eclipse?MORE DETAILS, mysteries surrounding the Francis…
18 minutes ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
27 minutes ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
   Don't Give Away Your Divine Power of Love & JoyBy Steven Hutchinson...Be joyful when you face trouble, be cheerful when you go through hard times?!?That may not make any sense to you until you realize and experience that when you lose your joy -…
1 hour ago
RichRaelian liked AlternateEarth's discussion 37 Underground Cities
11 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
12 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
12 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"✌🏻✡️Palestinian propagandists in Gaza, EXPOSED.......🤫Of course, as everyone here knows, I'm backing Israel in this conflict, but truly, those who back Hamas and the Gazan propagandists, must have ideologically illogical blinkers, pressed over their…"
14 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
The Khazarian mafia is planning a holocaust or mass murder event for the US Christian heartland on April 8th. The entire April 8th solar eclipse event has been forensically traced to the (kill 90% of humanity and enslave the rest) Chabad death…
15 hours ago
More…