Red Cross Under Pressure For Withholding Two-Thirds Of Bushfire Donations

Red Cross Under Pressure For Withholding Two-Thirds Of Bushfire Donations

Over the last months, Australia was hit by devasting bushfires and it was reported that the Australian Red Cross has received over $90 million to help those affected by the fires.

It came with shock to everyone, when the charity admitted that less than a third of the donations will be distributed to Australians and that it even could take up to three years before bushfire victims receive any raised money. The Australian Red Cross also conceded that up to 10% of all donations would be set aside for office costs.

Robert Gorringe and his partner Narelle live in Numboida and where one of the victims when the fires reached northern NSW. Like many others, they lost everything during the blaze.

Tree Fire Bushfires In Australia
Nymboida bushfire victim Robert Gorringe. Credit: Burke, Kelly/7 NEWS

Gorringe told 7NEWS in an interview on Wednesday that they were promised many things but today have not received anything. It comes to no surprise that he and his partner are wondering where all the money is going.

Though, the Australian Red Cross confirmed that they have so far received $95 million in donations to help bushfire victims, but plans to spend only $30 million on helping people immediately. They also admitted that it could take many years until they can disburse all of the donations, and they don't rule out that some of the funds will go to help with other natural disasters such as floods and cyclones. This statement has angered NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance, who nearly lost his home in Batemans Bay to the bushfires.

Australian Red Cross Logo Brand

Constance told 7News's Chris Reason that many Australians have donated money to help people right now and not in three years. Constance also invited Australian's Red Cross CEOs to visit the fire-damaged regions of NSW with him on the weekend. He told the CEO to come and see with his own eyes what devastation the fires have caused and was hoping he would have a change of heart.

Constance also questioned the Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul as it took charities too long to distribute the donations they receive. St. Vincent De Paul has received $12.5 million in donations for its bushfire appeal but till today they have only given $1 million to the victims in NSW.

St. Vincent De Paul's CEO Jack de Groot said that they do all they can do and agreed to visit the fire-damaged areas together with Constance and admitted that things are not perfect but the co-ordination of the distribution is going fairly well.

Red Cross boss denies ‘stockpiling’ bushfire donations

Source: 7news.com.au/

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Red Cross is owned by W.H.O  ( World Health Organization ) .

    • Red cross owned by World Health Organization...well they sure are making healthy profit for themselves as lots of donations are disappearing...it's very very sad and heart breaking that most of the donations are not going to the right cause. 

      All the fake charity organizations need to be shut down and that means most of them will be out of business for themselves

  • All those donation organizations are owned by the wealthy elites. Whenever there is a crisis Communities have to create their own donation organization centers and be watchful of for those who are not trustworthy. follow your instincts if something is not right don't hesitate to investigate the source. 

  • This is extremely sad ...NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS WHICH CHARITY ORGANISATIONS CAN YOU TRUST ...THERE  WAS NEWS ABOUT CHARITY BOSS EARNING LOTS OF MONEY AND DRIVING A MERC.

    THOSE WHO WISH TO DENOTE  LARGE AMOUNTS SHOULD FORM THEIR OWN VOLUNTEER TEAM WHO GO OUT THERE TO HELP . Like a volunteer team formed by the donar that join the red cross and spend all the donations for the needy.

This reply was deleted.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Latest Activity

Andromedaner Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"yes, even Oppenheimer recalled the verse "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" from the Bhagavad Gita after seeing the successful Trinity test. He even learned Sanskrit to read it in its original form"
53 minutes ago
Andromedaner Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"I think I should read The Secret Doctrine, I managed to get a 1958 version on eBay, it sits on my shelf for over a year now LOL"
1 hour ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, in never came to fruition, but AI summarises the intention of that German operation, as follows:

"Operation Sea Lion (Unternehmen Seelöwe) was Nazi Germany's codename for their planned amphibious invasion of the United Kingdom during World War…"
1 hour ago
Andromedaner Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"operation "Sea Lion" to invade Britain?
and John Dee was brilliant, as it seems LOL imagine Torquemada type of fanatics ruling the planet :)"
2 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"About magic ritual, IT WORKS......Dr Dee was good at it.....Also, in the WW2 period, there was a coven of skilled witches (13,) that carried out a ritual in the New forest, an incantation named the "cone of power," which caused the cessation of…"
2 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Ebolavirus outbreak and why westerners need not panic....It's passed by touch and/or bodily fluids.....Not airborne transmitted, like measles, or influenza...There have been even worse ebola outbreaks in central Africa, than the current one and it…"
2 hours ago
Drekx Omega replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Health Related
"Ebolavirus outbreak and why westerners need not panic....It's passed by touch and/or bodily fluids.....Not airborne transmitted, like measles, or influenza...There have been even worse ebola outbreaks in central Africa, than the current one and it…"
2 hours ago
Andromedaner Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"according to this Tucker Carlson interview, John Dee (head of intelligence for Queen Elisabeth I) made a deal, with the spiritual world, for the British empire in the 16th century to destroy the Spanish armada.
pretty interesting LOL…"
2 hours ago
More…

DIDACTICS OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE-CHAPTER VIII


 

                                                                                 VIII

                                                                   ABOUT THE SOUL

The Truth is that before an individual can acquire NEW…

Read more…
Views: 25
Comments: 0