Avoiding deceit in your search for truth

Namaste Crew Members,

As we navigate the sea of information of the world-wide-web, we often cross paths with untruths in the form of cunning deceptions, scams and lies.  These untruths can range from benign, to down right dangerous and enslaving.  As a fellow truth seeker, I strive to share what wisdom my path has distilled upon me in hopes that I may be both of service to others, and corrected when in error.  If what I share bellow resonates with you, please take it upon yourself to learn it for yourself.  If you don't find value in what I have to say, follow your own truth and continue on your path. 

To iterate the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, "The only thing sacred after all is the integrity of ones own mind."  No belief, organization, leader or idea should be so sacred as to not merit careful investigation and scrutiny.  Any and all information you come across should first be verified through careful analysis of the supporting evidence before being accepted as true or worthy of adaptation.  If something is true, it will be substantiated by verifiable evidence, logic, and reason.  As Buddha himself once said, "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, noteven if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense".

One potential problem with much of the New Age genre of information is that it is not always substantiated with hard evidence, leaving us to more or less act on faith in place of logic.  Fortunately we can use the tools of logic, reason, the scientific method and some basic psychology to help us avoid deception.

If something is true, such as the force of gravity, it will be mostly consistent, verifiable, and not require belief in order for it to be true.  It just is.  One thing we have to watch out for is our personal biases.  Is something true because it is self evident and verifiable, or does it only seem true because you believe it is?  Our minds have the capacity to create illusions of truth, where little to none exists.  Just as an example, one might believe they are cursed and made to suffer due to a mishap in a past life.  This person would then look for things in their life that affirms this belief.  Their focus on the bad things that happen to them, while ignoring or rationalizing the good things  enhances this potentially false reality.  However, if they were to perform a less biased review of their life, or even get the opinion of another, they would likely see that they are just average and have the same good/bad experiences as anyone else.  This phenomenon is known as "Confirmation Bias": "It is the peculiar and perpetual errorof the human understanding to be more moved and excited by affirmatives than by
negatives" - Francis Bacon.  For this reason, feelings alone should not be trusted to confirm whether something is true or not.  Feelings and intuition can give us hunches in the right direction, but they should be corroborated with both the physical evidence and the application of logic and reason.

Another psychological phenomenon that can either deter or lead us closer to the truth is cognitive dissonance.  This is the uncomfortable feeling that we may feel when we are presented with new information that contradicts our current beliefs or paradigms.  If we allow this discomfort and anxiety to scare us away from further investigation, we could potentially forgo the opportunity to arrive closer to the truth.  However, if we investigate with the attitude that knowing the truth is more important than remaining comfortable, we can then hope to find out if this new information is closer to the truth than our current paradigm.

One thing that can complicate things is that there are different types of truths as well as differing definitions and adaptations there of.  Laws of nature (physics, mathematics etc) could be considered one type of truth, while metaphysics, spirituality, and psychology would fall under other types.  Some truths are based on facts (2+2=4), while others are more subjective (philosophy, spirituality etc).  If someone is attempting to take advantage of perceived truths, there are some warning signs worth noting to hopefully avoid being deceived:
  • Unreasonable cost for services (is it all about the money?)
  • Devotion, loyalty or worship to the leader
  • Abandonment of family, friends or non-believers
  • Superstitious or magical thinking required (goes against logic, reason or science)
  • Contradicts verifiable evidence or witnesses
  • Questioning or further investigation is discouraged (faith only etc)
  • Contradicts intuition or gut feelings (follow your hunches through to further investigation)
One last item worth mentioning is the potency and subtlety of mind control/thought reform.  Without knowing the patterns and methods of mind control, we can potentially be converted into dangerous cults, false religions, or into false thinking.  This Wiki will provide a good introduction of Mind Control.

The above represents tidbits of what I have personally experienced and crossed paths with.  Your mileage may very.  You may take it or leave it. 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for quoting Galileo - i used to be one of his students about 400 odd years ago. ;-)
  • Your post addresses some important stumbling blocks on our spiritual journey. I have read many "experts" that extol concepts with glaring contradictions. Often, when one is brought to their attention, they become defensive or attacking or they try to explain it with an example that does not speak to the the issue in question.

However, we are still making scientific discoveries, so not everything can be proven with a repeatable body of evidence.Even today, there are still some missing pieces in scientific understanding of gravity. And the theory that was considered provable and true about gravity during Newton's era, was proven to be considerably lacking when Einstein was finally able to prove his theory.

We do need to be careful not to confuse an emotional reaction with sense of true gut "knowing." In order to distinguish the difference, we must practice self honesty, discernment, awareness, and self knowledge to name a few.

Your warning signs to avoid being deceived are excellent. Many I have learned the hard way.

Your point that we must examine and scrutinize the information we receive, regardless of the qualifications, popularity, etc. of the author is imperative. So many tragedies have resulted from blind loyalty, misplaced hero worship, and relinquishing our power to avoid personal responsibility.

Thank you for an important message.

Lauren
    • Very insightful post and I agree. We are yet discovering and coming about new understandings in all areas of science. One thing I hope my post doesn't do is scare anyone into looking into anything new or being willing to adapt to new information. The only constant I hope to maintain in my life is openness to change and new information. I hope I never get stuck in any one belief or paradigm if there is something truer out there. And I think there is also a difference, as you pointed out, in gut intuition and emotional attachment. One can be a great guide and warning mechanism while the latter can sometimes give a false sense of security. I have learned much of this the hard way too. Thank you for your input.
      • Yes, discovery adds wonder and excitement to our journey. Yet so many people miss out because they automatically fear anything new or different. I have discovered that exploring different ideas can enrich and expand my own belief and concepts.

And even sharing with others about a common idea or belief, I can discover a new perspective, a new way of looking at that belief or idea.

I've learned that even when people disagree, if we approach it with the intention of communicating information, personal experience, and personal perspective, rather than a competition that we must win, the result can be enriching for both sides and create understanding, respect and tolerance -and space for both beliefs.

Your point about the importance of discerning the difference between gut intuition and emotional attachment or reaction is so important. And unfortunately, often they are mistaken for the same thing.
  • Hi LM and Peekay.

I have posted this before but as it is very relevant to this thread, i shall re-post:

Discernment

We invite all Spirit Library readers to use their Inner Guidance to discern all the content available in the library. We offer a selection of articles and channelings that we believe can inspire people to positive changes in their lives. However, we always encourage people to take only what resonates within and gives a sense of Empowerment and Well-Being and leave all the rest.

With information coming from so many sources it is important for us to use discernment at all times especially in the case of channelled materials. The channeling may well be coming from Spirit, but it passes through the human channeller who acts as a filter with the potential to add their own view point to the message.

Everyone's path and taste is unique though and people might have different perceptions and opinions on the material provided here. We invite you to allow others truth and trust that everyone knows what is the best for themselves.

As when you go in the library of your own town and you only pick the books you like, then you don't pretend that all the ones you don't like should be destroyed. In the same way we believe that through law of attraction everyone will be attracted to what is uplifting and therefore there is no need to push against others's choices.

We would also like to suggest the following guidelines on how to practice discernment.

Guidelines On Discernment - New Realities Magazine - July 1987

1. There will always be useful information for everyone. Beware of the channel that gives you useful information for only a few, or tells you that it's only for a special group or a sequestered number. It must be useful for ALL humanity, every single Human. This is an area of discernment allowing you to know you are hearing the truth.
    2. The message should be uplifting. Watch for an empowering message - NOT ONE OF FEAR, not one that drags you down - not one that makes you want to take fearful action or hide - but an enabling message! This is a staple of God energy. It must be there. It should inspire the listener and reader. Every recorded angel appearance before a Human Being has begun with "Fear not!"
    3. Spirit (God) will never, ever channel a message that asks you to give up your free will. Never! For your free will is what your experience on Earth is all about as you sit in your "chairs of gold" (a metaphor created in Kryon Book Six). Free will! FREE CHOICE is what drives your future.
    4. Spirit will never give you a message - ever - that asks you to violate the integrity of what you believe. You are honored in your thought processes. Spirit will never trick you or "talk you" into anything. The message must never violate your integrity. You must feel comfortable with it, and it must ring true to your heart.
    5. Spirit will never represent a channeller as being the only source. Watch for this, for there are many channels of Spirit and they all coordinate their information to create a bigger picture, especially in this New Age. They will NEVER represent themselves as the ONLY source of information.
    6. Watch for the fact that the information is normally new information. Beware of the channel that simply re-hashes the old, for they are not channelling anything but the ego of the Human Being. New information is necessary. It is the entire reason for the channel. Think about it.
    7. Watch for the fact that channelled information should have spiritual solutions presented. Solutions to life challenges on Earth, via new information, is the purpose of channelling.

Lee Carroll (of Kryon.com) on Discernment:

The next time you sit before a channel or read a transcription, consider these seven items presented above. As you listen to or read the words of a channeller, also try to ask "what is the intent of the human speaking?" Is there any ego or Human agenda? If you detect it... then stop. There cannot be Human ego present for the information to be accurate and true. Spirit demands this of the channeller... I know. I also know from over twelve years of live channeling experience that the message will ALWAYS be filled with love, and not fear. Watch for this!

Do you "recognize" the energy as familiar and feeling like "home?" This is another key. If you don't, and you can't identify with the entity or entities that are channelling through the Human, then perhaps you should pass on the message for now. Not all channelling is from an entity. Much of it comes form your own spiritual center. Don't always try to determine "who" it is, asking for a name or trying to put skin and bones to it. Consider that your core is the Love of God... and is also able to give YOU messages for YOU.
    • Thank´s Barron , you always have wise words to say , but there is one big prob.
      The dark ones have been really skilled to create some "channeled" messages , so almost anyone can feel the light and hope from the messages.
      I believe that a combination of much reading , common sense and a clear mind gives us the truth.

Light
      /Peter
    • Thank you Barron. This is some great advice for evaluating channeled material, an avenue that can sometimes be used to mislead people for personal gain or popularity.
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1553

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 749

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
13 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"A military invasion requires careful planning and logistical support....And frankly, the PLA is not up to the task of SUCCESSFULLY invading Taiwan....
They could try, at some stage and if the invasion went ahead, PLA casualties would be…"
2 hours ago
arkman posted a blog post
As we journey together through the cosmos, let us remember the power of unity and inner light. Each of us carries a spark of the divine, a unique essence contributing to the greater whole. In these transformative times, let us rekindle our…
3 hours ago
"This is awesome right here :) Trump 2024. Dark Cabal for Gitmo 2025. https://youtu.be/NB8QCOtgd_U?si=2UsGONorCaBec2kA"
4 hours ago
"The mainstream media in a panic over Trump continues to provide good comedy. They know once their masters lose they lose as well. Its gonna be awesome once all these Deep State rat bas#ards are exposed and the entire world sees them for what they…"
4 hours ago
"President Trump Warns Of New Bird Flu Pandemic: WE WILL NOT COMPLY...

https://rumble.com/v4x1yzc-breaking-president-trump-warns-of-new-bi..."
8 hours ago
"Alex Jones interviews a KEPM.com/Gold, precious metals rep; Kirk Elliott, who confirms that many cabal honchos are resigning, or being pushed....

What he says about silver, is what I had anticipated, back in 2022, when I purchased several silver…"
10 hours ago
More…

Beloved family

As we journey together through the cosmos, let us remember the power of unity and inner light. Each of us carries a spark of the divine, a unique essence contributing to the greater whole. In these transformative times, let us rekindle our…

Read more…
Views: 6
Comments: 0