I don't know why.

I'm a very open minded person. I love spirituality and alternative views. I love discussing theories with intelligent, well researched people.You'd think I'd love it on AC right?Yet every time I come here, I feel annoyed, aggravated, depressed and disillusioned with the New Age movement.I am made to feel like I am wrong, negative, evil, aggressive. When in reality I am none of those things and it is REALLY getting me down.I'm contemplating removing myself from AC and this makes me really really sad. I was one of the first to register here, and I loved it in the beginning. Now it just seems there are too many "holier than thou 'lightworkers" who refuse to discuss and debate. They seem almost afraid to let themselves be human and to the 'un enlightened' (and I use that term extremely loosely) it just makes them come across as closed off, and in denial.I'm disappointed that so many of the spiritual websites I knew and loved have turned into bubbles of un-wavering thought.The more time I spend here, the more UN-enlightened I feel. WTH is up with that???*pouts*

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi !
    I agree with Ben and Gary.....I like this site, we are one big cosmic family, here, ...we are conect with our heart-our love and light..... we need to focuse in our love and expand this love in all the Planet. Dont focuse in fear ,.....and if you feel sometimes this....accept this with love, because we are human, and dont panic with this, its ok,...be yourself and embrase your human nature....
    I SEND ALL MY LOVE ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS SITE , ALL THE PLANET EARTH AND ALL THE UNIVERSE !
    MANY BLESSINGS FOR ALL , LOVE & LIGHT
    NAMASTE
  • Yes i have allso felt the same energies, but they are owerveight by the ones, who are here to communicate in the same way as you say you want to, and i want to.

Please hold on to A.C at least fore another while, they are not awhere of what they do, but hopefully it will become obvious to them, by their ovne insight, when they are joining disscussions who are made by us?

Strenght and compassion to You from me /A-k
  • Lilitu, I read your message with interest. I get what you're saying because I feel that you have intuited a real issue with the 'New Age / Spiritual' movement: that is that many people who feel they have reached a certain stage of evolution have unconsciously replaced their 'usual ego; with a 'spiritual ego.'

But in my own experience the spiritual and human aspects are one and the same - any separation, comparison or demeaning of the human in favour of the spiritual is of the ego, eg 'I am highly evolved', 'I am evolved because I consider myself to be from Planet X', 'I do not want to speak about my inner emotions or my 'story', I only talk about truth', 'I am enlightened' etc

Anyway, so I do get what you're saying. The spiritual ego is one that 'spiritual' folk must be honest about if they wish to be free and live from essence.

I work as a spiritual counsellor and in my experience with clients, one thing that stands in the way of true release (which paves the way for true awakening) is self-delusion. So you have pointed to this fact courageously. We are all human and each day we experience emotions such as anger, insecurity, guilt, fear etc. Only by acknowledging them honestly do they start to take a back seat and peace become more our experience. And as this occurs we do not need to come across as holier than thou, we in fact come across as more human and humble.

I do feel that along the path of awakening, we have to speak up (I think Ken Wilber said this once), no matter even if it's not quite 'correct' or liked by others. But the point is to speak up. And this you did by your post.

I do sometimes find it funny the names some people on here bestow upon themselves, the photos they choose and what some people say on their profiles and posts. Well they do say you can be whoever you want to be on the internet.

But is this a game of pretending you're actually of the Galactic Federation of Light, or of another planet, or is it about a spiritual being having a human experience? You may well have energetic connections to another civilisation, but you're here on Earth, not Planet X, right? When those advanced spiritual beings show their presence then we can truly rejoice :) (Here's my radio interview with Suzy Ward in which we discuss ETs). The Now is all there is, not some spiritual identity. So what if you're an Angel? So what if you're from some other planet? Many of us are no doubt from wondrous galaxies and amazing civilisations - so what?

My motto has always been the same as Ali G's (!): KEEP IT REAL!

Because of my own truth-seeking I felt called to start www.soulalert.com recently which is similar in some ways to this site, but also for complementary practitioners. Please join, it's free!

Love,
    Reena - aka purpleflower
    www.soulalert.com
    www.reenagagneja.com
    My Conscious TV Interview
  • Yes, I agree with you, but it is not only her on AC, it is in a few other sites too. Some people actually truly believe that they are better, no matter what you discuss, they put you down, tell you that its your ego, and they always do that, talk about unconditional love...I find that there is so much contradictyion too. Some will say that when people no longer resonate with you, the relationships break down, its time too move on...okay, then when you want to move on away from them, the clever lightworkers remind you that you are one with the person, and they are infact mirroring you, and that you must love them unconditionally, and that it is wrong to hurt them...duh, so what now? As for UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...just that WORD, is already adding a condition...why not lets just LOVE. I have now stopped adding blogs that are about my personal experiences, I very seldom comment...I stick around here now so that I can read what interests me, and other peoples comments. I am commenting now because we share a common issue. Sending you love and light...Shenoa
  • So sorry you feel like this. I have just joined this network so I don't really feel what you feel at this point.

I know that Love is what will bring us all together.....

sending much love your way through all this disillusionment you feel,
    El'elia
  • Hi Lilitu ! Every intention is right , then it become shared with others of diffrent energies , so it changes ( this site ). I feel the same when i go in here. But they are doing there best , if you wonna look at another site thats amazing look into the work by almine barton www.spiritualjourneys.com good luck and thanks for sharing
  • Hey Lilitu.What you have said is one of the main reasons I'm more of an observer on these sites and very rarely respond. I awoke 11 years ago with absolutely no 'spiritual' rule book or background at the age of 37/8. I smoke, drink (not heavily) swear, eat fruit and veg on special occassions (ha!), eat meat (albeit I try to choose it carefully if finances allow), drink very little water, don't meditate (it's not a natural thing to me) and in a nut shell, I'm never going to be the poster child for spirituality. However, I WAS Awoken and the knowlege that just came to me in great waves and without trying (and still does) has allowed me to see. I'm not into groups physically and like I said earlier, observation is my main thang on these sites (which I only belong to 2 or 3 andeven those I don't visit). More often than not I feel more of a 'failure' amongst so called like minded souls than I do with those who still sleep. 'Holier than thou' attitudes are quite dangerous. I've contemplated removing myself from this site before too, but I have stayed because sometimes a gem is written. I really believe intention is more valuable than all the chanting and outside 'healings' and rules and regulations put together. On the whole, the new age movement has become little more than a money making machine and another way to control. We all have negativity, aggression and 'evil' in us; it's part of duality. It's whether or not we act on them. Eventually, when we leave this place, we won't need these challenges, but until then, we need to be understood without judgement or at the very least listened to without judgement. I'm going thru a huge battle with darkness at the moment because of my upstairs neighbour's noise at night (very heavy footed) and for the past 2 years I've asked him politely to stop and been to the right chanels to lodge complaints but been ignored or at best fobbed off. Most nights when he wakes me up I have a moment of seeing myself going up there and beating the crap out of him, but I don't act on it. At some point I'll be able to move (I'm in a housing association flat, or, if you're American, the projects,) so it's not easy to find another place on welfare. I'm exhausted, in physical pain and weak right now, but my intention is still fully intact.......somewhere!!! So my friend, whether you leave this group or not, stay True to yourself. There's a wonderful saying by Rumi that helps to calm me: "Beyond right-doing and wrong-doing there is a field; I'll meet you there." Love Seb.
    • Thank you Seb.

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone in my actions or lifestyle.

You don't make friends with Salad!! :P
  • Lilitu beloved sister....it is sad you have let yourself feel this way. It is not right that a beautiful soul as I sense you are be so sad and disillusioned....Lilitu I offer my love extend my hand and share my light (our light) touch your heart and bless you
    namaste
  • dear lilitu why do you get annoyed , secretly your ego may want to find partisapents to agree with
    your apinions, you are here my dear like the rest of us to connect without reservation, do more of
    looking and taking in others exspessions give yourself space we are entitled to our own please dont
    fill your space with negative thoughts the whole journey is never going to get smoother if we, and it is us
    who place those rocks in our path. the mind is our faithfull servant who can bring a cup of golden necter
    or one of sour milk both have their concequences one to lighten the day or one to possibly make you ill,
    if brothers/sisters find your thoughts of interest they are entitled to shine their light when and if and how
    they wish it is only their discussion opinion smile my dear they cant see you sticking your finger
    up if it makes you feel better, our aim is work with the posotive ego not the negative emotional one
    you are love and you are loved mike jay
    ps what do you think the new age movement should be as you seemed disallusioned
This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

In Betwena replied to amparo alvarez's discussion In brief since my awakening in Member Diaries
"I think I do remember you...
you had a different name...
L&L Albertha"
Jun 20, 2014
amparo alvarez posted a discussion in Member Diaries
Thanks Ben for the invite...In reality I would not know how to start...I don't know if you can…
Sep 22, 2013
3zl0m16ahgh7 posted a discussion in Member Diaries
Hello ya all!First off, let me share, that since the 9/11 incident, I have been living in my…
Oct 14, 2012
Kakie posted a discussion in Member Diaries
For my daily swim I was in the river and was doing my MotherEarth-FatherSky meditation.then swam…
Sep 13, 2012
Astra replied to JM's discussion 4.17.11 in Member Diaries
"This  remainds me when there following Mary Magdalegne  , and Jesus saves her  , it is a confusing…"
Jun 12, 2012
moonshine replied to 2j5c2lhr972yw's discussion Nobody said that "There was No Hope" in Member Diaries
"I know no words can make you feel better or can help you with your personal growth but if you do…"
Apr 28, 2012
2j5c2lhr972yw posted a discussion in Member Diaries
I do not care about what you might think right now, just know that I'd not had a single drink since…
Mar 1, 2012
2j5c2lhr972yw posted a discussion in Member Diaries
Today I was reaching a point in which I was feeling totally hopeless. I was just wondering what am…
Feb 1, 2012
More…