70-90% efficiency: Russia to send Ebola vaccine to W. Africa in 2 months

Published time: October 13, 2014 13:12
Reuters / HO

Reuters / HO

In two months, Russia is planning to send a new experimental vaccine against Ebola to Africa, according to the country’s health minister. The efficiency of the drug, which is to be tested on the ground, is about 70-90 percent.

Today we are discussing that we will have enough of Triazoverin vaccine in two months so that we can send them to our personnel in Guinea and test its efficiency in clinical conditions,” Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said.

The vaccine has so far proved efficient against various hemorrhagic fevers, including the Marburg virus which is very similar to Ebola.

“The efficiency ranges between 70 and 90 percent and this is a very good indicator,” Skvortsova said.

Russia’ Virology Institute is preparing a whole group of drugs.

They are basically genetically engineered drugs which can work both for disease treatment and prevention,” Skvortsova said.

Russian virologists, who have set up a laboratory in Guinea, are preparing to test the vaccine on primates.

The vaccine we have produced is made from the attenuated strains [of the virus]. We now have enough to repeat the experiment on the primates and proceed to clinical trials.”

READ MORE: Scientists in Russia developing three Ebola vaccines

On Sunday, Skvortsova announced that Russian scientists are working on three potential Ebola vaccines which they expect to introduce as soon as in the next six months.

"We have created three vaccines,” she said in an interview with Rossiya-1 TV. “One vaccine is based on a strain of Ebola, and the other two have been created by means of genetic engineering.”

As of October 8, a total of 4,033 people had died from the Ebola outbreak, out of a total of 8,399 registered cases in seven countries, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported. For now, Liberia is the worst-hit with 4,076 cases and 2,316 deaths. It is followed by Sierra Leone, where there are 2,950 cases and 930 deaths.

According to the WHO, the fatality rate associated with Ebola averages roughly 50 percent, but has ranged from 25 percent to 90 percent in past outbreaks.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ACUTE OBSERVER: please tell us the specific reason why Monsanto is being kicked out of Europe if GMO foods are not the reason.

Also, please explain to me how I'm a member of "the cabal." This is news to me, since I have already exposed enough about myself. I am revealing enough to use my real name, reveal my nursing RN ID badge on this site, and show my real face instead of using a false name with monkey's face for identification purposes.  

By the way, I just provided research above that demonstrates a strong link between GMO and Crohn's from two different sources, so please don't tell me I don't have any evidence of a link between GMO and the sudden rise in disgestive disorders that have taken place.

By the way, do you eat GMO foods? I don't, and it's reported that Bill Gates doesn't either. 

• @Malcolm

"I am glad that you have so much time on your hands"

I can understand that since You're Cabal, and it is the Cabal that is the reason for why I have so much free time. They're glad when You're Glad it seems..

"thank you for proving my point that Monsanto's GMO products are highly probable for the sudden rapid increase in Crohn's and colitis."

Yeah, but in the eyes of a European, Monsanto are criminals and have nothing to do with genetically modified food in legal business. You claim that it is genetically modified food in general that's the cause of this, but haven't been able to produce any proof to support your statements. Since when did criminals become part of the legal market?

I know they are allowed in the US, but again.. That's YOUR mess, not ours. Don't dump that shit here.

• ACUTE OBSERVER: thank you for proving my point that Monsanto's GMO products are highly probable for the sudden rapid increase in Crohn's and colitis.

The Rush Medical School experiments involved genetically modified rats, which is not related to the topic. And that is why I deleted it.

I am glad that you have so much time on your hands to look for grey areas in discussions posted by people on this website.

Some of us unfortunately have to devote some time to working for a living, as opposed to spending a great deal of their time looking for hairs to split to prove their point.

• Lol, and you bring up the oldest and most well known case of them all.

Yes, we all know that monsanto fucked up bigtime in the 90's and well into this century as well. It has gone so far that Monsanto have been banned in most European countries even. So.. Technically, they already been taken down. All you americans have to do is to follow suit and drive the final nail in their coffin and you can all be off to your next adventure of fixing all the rest of your horrible mistakes of the past. ;)

Don't you EVER forget that only in the US monsanto have been able to sue and win against a farmer and drive him to suicide.

They tried that in Europe and do you know what happened?

The court basically said to monsanto: "Screw you. It's Your fault if you can't keep your seeds contained properly".

• HEY HOWLING WOLF: read it and weep.  Straight from the article above:

The genes of genetically modified foods are split with the E. coli bacteria, Bt toxin and other “gene promotors” that leave the bacterium’s residue in your gut that causes IBD, IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.

• Yes, but the point here is that the source material that this article claims to base its research on, says nothing about connections with genetically modified food.

Your source is busted. Find another one!

EDIT: In answer to Malcolms now deleted reply, here's the Rush Medical College view on the subject:

http://www.rush.edu/services-treatments/inflammatory-bowel-disease-...

How does diet impact my Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis?

Your diet may affect the types of microbes or bacteria that you have in your intestines, which are a major contributor to the immune reaction in your gut. Your gut has the biggest immune system in your body. IBD researchers have been able to create genetically-modified rats and mice that get colitis much like that seen in IBD. The genetic defect in these animals usually causes an abnormal and overactive immune system which in turn leads the animal's immune system to attack its own colon. This immune attack gives the rats and mice an illness similar to Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. The genetically modified animals experience diarrhea, weight loss, blood in the stool, bloating, fatigue, poor appetite, etc. When the researchers place the genetically-modified animals that get colitis in a germ-free environment (i.e. put them in a bubble- like environment without any bacteria or microbes), these animals do not get colitis; irrespective of how badly damaged the rat's immune system is.

Thus, these experiments tell us that in order to get IBD the immune system must be reacting against the microbes within the intestines. Since, as humans we cannot live in a bubble, one important way to change the microbes in our intestines could be to change one's diet. In fact, at Rush we are studying the types of microbes that reside in the intestines of patients with IBD and how diet may play a role in changing them.

• You get a B+ on that homework.

Should you have included this link and article as well, you'd have gotten an A. :)

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/inflammatory-bowel-...

• @Howling Wolf
        Thank you for noticing that particular detail.
        I was waiting for Malcolm to do so as well but I suspect he already knew and that's why he left out the source to begin with...
        One can't polarize the world if one gives them both sides of the story now can one? ;)

• His source (howtolimitpain.com) is the most biased source I have ever seen. The Harvard source you linked does not once mention genetically modified food.. read what and weep? Still waiting on that proof Malcolm.

• Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1540

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Love & Joy posted a discussion
   Is This A Theme Unfolding For You As Well ?By Melanie Beckler Hey there! I've noticed a theme that is unfolding for me right now, and I sense it may be resonant for you as well. Here's what it is: How you respond to change and challenge now…
40 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
2 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
2 hours ago
AlternateEarth replied to AlternateEarth's discussion Can you see the images in this?
"The more time passes the more the shapes take form-creepy as heck, this one-let your eyes adjust"
2 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
Greetings friends! From heart to heart in this moment we speak, I am Kejraj.The portals to the Fifth Dimension are open. You simply are asked to align your energies to that of your Higher Self, and this is achieved with focused breathing and…
7 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"A few years ago, there was a former member called "Richard Stoddard," who told me that he could not believe that ETs, such as the galactic human types, could have physical sex....As they were, in his perceptions, "above it, or beyond it,…"
10 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Music for your soul.
"℗ 2006 Soul Heaven Records presents In-Ten-City....Not to be confused with "15 minutes city." 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZR9W9ZrXEE"
10 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Music break, dear people.....I love this piece, which starts off a bit repetitive, but then begins to really flourish, around 4:06, when the sax takes off...and wow, it's really superb....🤩…"
14 hours ago
More…