Growing Food Inspirations: GAIA'S Garden and more

I just want to point out books that are showing me how to turn my land(less than 3 acres-half wild wooded) into a self reliance property and future food forest. If a person wants to feed themselves without a huge amount of land then growing intensive beds without grains(buy or trade for them) and adding fowl like ducks or chickens for your fertilizer and protien/eggs is a great realm of study. The title I mentioned and The Square Foot Gardener and Small Space Big Harvest  and The Resiliant Gardener will give you TONS of useful info! A pioneer of intensive was Jeavons. I've bought 20 books in the last few years and those 4 would have been enough! Don't forget honey and bees either. Check out Warre and top-bar hives....the EASY more natural ways ANYONE can try beekeeping! Greenhouses make a huge difference too! Check out Kiesha Crowther's site for links to cheap easy ones which will lead to ideas perfect for you!

I feel that the more we plant and tend our food the happier the Earth is! It's SO rewarding too since cooking every meal becomes a joy and adventure.  LOVE TO YOU! 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• so cool! i admire those turning around their property into an abundant tropical jungle of food! with the use of greenhouses we can grow anything anywhere, but thank you so much stargemz for cleaning our atmosphere and posting the names of these books!!

• Right On for the good info.

I feel more and more should get out and plant something that would benifit like 2 fruit trees for future and vegetables to keep one going and not have to depend on the financial systems.......Around the World..............for food.Weather it's the U.K.or Australia, Sweden or Canada, Poland or Russia.Everyone get on board.When your crops come in trade for something you don't have with what you do have.

The New Nation.Thinking.

peace

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

cosmicwarrior posted a discussion in Spiritual Books Focus Group
Feb 1, 2013
Xian LongShan posted a discussion in Spiritual Books Focus Group
The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New EarthThe Convoluted Universe Books 1-4
Jan 19, 2013
D1V1NITY posted a discussion in Spiritual Books Focus Group
Hi!! I just ordered today from amazon The life you were born to live by Dan MillmanBreakers of the…
Sep 13, 2012
kalopsia replied to stargemz's discussion Growing Food Inspirations: GAIA'S Garden and more in Spiritual Books Focus Group
"so cool! i admire those turning around their property into an abundant tropical jungle of food!…"
Feb 19, 2012
James Borg replied to stargemz's discussion Growing Food Inspirations: GAIA'S Garden and more in Spiritual Books Focus Group
"Right On for the good info.
I feel more and more should get out and plant something that would…"
Apr 24, 2011
stargemz posted a discussion in Spiritual Books Focus Group
I just want to point out books that are showing me how to turn my land(less than 3 acres-half wild…
Apr 24, 2011
stargemz replied to merlynsea's discussion Prepare for the Landings by Michael Ellegion in Spiritual Books Focus Group
"Greetings. I had the good fortune of seeing the author,Michael Ellegion, in person last December in…"
Jan 17, 2011
Asavari Honavar replied to stargemz's discussion The Ringing Cedars series in Spiritual Books Focus Group
"Namaste Stargemz, :)

If you are reading Book 2.... wanted to share some phenomenal personal…"
Jan 15, 2011
More…