Red Cross Under Pressure For Withholding Two-Thirds Of Bushfire Donations

Red Cross Under Pressure For Withholding Two-Thirds Of Bushfire Donations

Over the last months, Australia was hit by devasting bushfires and it was reported that the Australian Red Cross has received over $90 million to help those affected by the fires.

It came with shock to everyone, when the charity admitted that less than a third of the donations will be distributed to Australians and that it even could take up to three years before bushfire victims receive any raised money. The Australian Red Cross also conceded that up to 10% of all donations would be set aside for office costs.

Robert Gorringe and his partner Narelle live in Numboida and where one of the victims when the fires reached northern NSW. Like many others, they lost everything during the blaze.

Tree Fire Bushfires In Australia
Nymboida bushfire victim Robert Gorringe. Credit: Burke, Kelly/7 NEWS

Gorringe told 7NEWS in an interview on Wednesday that they were promised many things but today have not received anything. It comes to no surprise that he and his partner are wondering where all the money is going.

Though, the Australian Red Cross confirmed that they have so far received $95 million in donations to help bushfire victims, but plans to spend only $30 million on helping people immediately. They also admitted that it could take many years until they can disburse all of the donations, and they don't rule out that some of the funds will go to help with other natural disasters such as floods and cyclones. This statement has angered NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance, who nearly lost his home in Batemans Bay to the bushfires.

Australian Red Cross Logo Brand

Constance told 7News's Chris Reason that many Australians have donated money to help people right now and not in three years. Constance also invited Australian's Red Cross CEOs to visit the fire-damaged regions of NSW with him on the weekend. He told the CEO to come and see with his own eyes what devastation the fires have caused and was hoping he would have a change of heart.

Constance also questioned the Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul as it took charities too long to distribute the donations they receive. St. Vincent De Paul has received $12.5 million in donations for its bushfire appeal but till today they have only given $1 million to the victims in NSW.

St. Vincent De Paul's CEO Jack de Groot said that they do all they can do and agreed to visit the fire-damaged areas together with Constance and admitted that things are not perfect but the co-ordination of the distribution is going fairly well.

Red Cross boss denies ‘stockpiling’ bushfire donations

Source: 7news.com.au/

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Red Cross is owned by W.H.O  ( World Health Organization ) .

    • Red cross owned by World Health Organization...well they sure are making healthy profit for themselves as lots of donations are disappearing...it's very very sad and heart breaking that most of the donations are not going to the right cause. 

      All the fake charity organizations need to be shut down and that means most of them will be out of business for themselves

  • All those donation organizations are owned by the wealthy elites. Whenever there is a crisis Communities have to create their own donation organization centers and be watchful of for those who are not trustworthy. follow your instincts if something is not right don't hesitate to investigate the source. 

  • This is extremely sad ...NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS WHICH CHARITY ORGANISATIONS CAN YOU TRUST ...THERE  WAS NEWS ABOUT CHARITY BOSS EARNING LOTS OF MONEY AND DRIVING A MERC.

    THOSE WHO WISH TO DENOTE  LARGE AMOUNTS SHOULD FORM THEIR OWN VOLUNTEER TEAM WHO GO OUT THERE TO HELP . Like a volunteer team formed by the donar that join the red cross and spend all the donations for the needy.

This reply was deleted.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Latest Activity

Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ.. ኔጡ። commented on AlternateEarth's blog post Ex-Pfizer Exec: “There Was NO Pandemic, It Was ALL ONE BIG LIE”
"@AE ... Yes I saw your edited images on the post itself,... however can I just say this, its my view that there are phases where the elderly in any township start dying off in higher numbers, its like they all come to age,... then it goes quite…"
2 hours ago
Malcolm commented on Malcolm's blog post URANIAN ASTROLOGY ANALYSIS: D.C. Shooting (Nov. 26, 2025, 2:15:15, White House location). Ascendant = "act of murder by a foreigner due to conflict with military" and "very mean act by government."
"INFORMATION ABOUT THE D.C. SHOOTER: the shooter's name is Rahmanullah Lakanwal. He was granted residency into the United States in 2021, under the Biden administration. He was an Afghan national who previously worked with the CIA as a member of a…"
2 hours ago
Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ.. ኔጡ። commented on AlternateEarth's blog post Ex-Pfizer Exec: “There Was NO Pandemic, It Was ALL ONE BIG LIE”
"I'm rather sick of your constant harassment Drekx with your moronic comments like "Will Vlada continue to ignore truth, with his blinders on and fingers in ears...??" are you for real! grow up... your just showing me your not awake at all, and as…"
3 hours ago
Malcolm posted a blog post
Photo above from USA Today. A basic diagram and conclusion is at the end. F.B.I. director Kash Patel reported the shooting at 2:15 pm. The shooting took place two blocks away from the White House. This will be tricky, since the Ascendant moves 1/4…
5 hours ago
Drekx Omega commented on AlternateEarth's blog post Ex-Pfizer Exec: “There Was NO Pandemic, It Was ALL ONE BIG LIE”
"Since Vlada apparently trusts medical orthodoxy I'm still wondering how many mRNA shots he took...??....And I wonder if Vlada realises the dangers of mRNA technology....?? There are many real and moral medical experts who were banned from YT, so had…"
7 hours ago
AlternateEarth commented on AlternateEarth's blog post Ex-Pfizer Exec: “There Was NO Pandemic, It Was ALL ONE BIG LIE”
"V did you see the pics I inserted above? The cemetary near me is busy almost everyday! Normally grave yards are empty!!! This constant flow began 2022"
10 hours ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
10 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
 (Note; I seldom post any of bens blogs anymore because of its negativity but he does have access to info few have access to. Keep an open mind and use discernment, for he is a gray hat but sometimes we need to see things differently. Be in this…
20 hours ago
More…

Photo above from USA Today. A basic diagram and conclusion is at the end. F.B.I. director Kash Patel reported the shooting at 2:15 pm. The shooting took place two blocks away from the White House. This will be…

Read more…