Should excessive smokers and the obese be let to die?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MED_HEALTH_COSTS_REALITY_CHECK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-26-10-03-12

NEW YORK (AP) -- Faced with the high cost of caring for smokers and overeaters, experts say society must grapple with a blunt question: Instead of trying to penalize them and change their ways, why not just let these health sinners die prematurely from their unhealthy habits?

Annual health care costs are roughly $96 billion for smokers and $147 billion for the obese, the government says. These costs accompany sometimes heroic attempts to prolong lives, including surgery, chemotherapy and other measures.

But despite these rescue attempts, smokers tend to die 10 years earlier on average, and the obese die five to 12 years prematurely, according to various researchers' estimates.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The problem isn't so much smokers/over-eaters... it's the fact that there are a gazzilion chemicals in a cigarette.  Purchase a natural brand or grow your own (w/out the chemicals) and you won't have the same health issues.  Sure, still not entirely healthy, but much better than the alternative.  Food is similar.  Eat healthy, organic, non-gmo, no msg, etc, etc.  The society we live in needs to alter the "menu" so to speak.  Health will follow.  Healthcare should be entirely free, IMO.  We pay plenty of taxes...more than enough to go around for all!  Education for a healthy lifestyle is a high priority, specifically for the USA.  The society has, for the most part, caused these issues.  Many people are ignorant to what is killing them.

• if we desire and work for a better world, full of compassion and kindness, that I believe we all want we have to, need to not exlude anyone. Everyone deserves help when needed. ......................However , I have no faith in Obamacare ; it will only force you to pay for it, take free prescription drugs, free chemical stimulants for every ailment that can be cured with vegan, noncooked/nonfried , raw veggies and fruit diet. Mixed with good few minutes meditating, nice session of 30 minute yoga and unconditional love for self and those around you. That is something goverments, pharmacuitical companies and chemical plants with their lobbiests will not tell you...........................

Say no to Obama care~ say YES to vegan/vegetarian diet of organic ( maybe even home grown ) produce........................

• who are you talking about?  I'm against the bamacare death panels-I think educating the young with 'scared straight' tactics would help to curb bad habits a substance abuse

• Sweden have tried scare-tactics to get youth off drugs for 30 years already, and the drug-use have exploded as a result.

Scare-tactics only works on very small children, but the moment they turn 12 (provided they have average IQ and not advanced, if they are advanced, scare-tactics NEVER work), they can see straight thru it.

• Oh well-what's the answer-make them pay more int medicaid? Again the article states that it is those in the lower income brackets mostly

• No, the answer is to legalize everything, have free medicare on everything, but include the costs of the medicare in the tax of each particular drug (and food). I did a calculation on this many years ago. In such a system a beer would cost $25 and a bottle of liquor would cost $250 while a gram of cannabis would only cost about $8... They'll end up using the drugs they can afford (where the tax on the drug have already paid for the medicare it could cost) and dispose of the rest.

You don't save people by patronizing them. You save people by treating them like adults and let them take responsibility for their choices.

• then You need to crack down on black marketeers who bribes officials to stay in business-but it is a good idea

• I think I'd rather crack down on the officials who'd accept bribes in the first place, and if that doesn't work, I'll prosecute the buyers of the goods for tax-fraud, since that's what it would be if you were to buy a drug from the black-market instead of paying your duties for the damage you cause.

The fines would be calculated from what the tax would have been should you have bought your drug from the official market instead. No further punishement will be nescessary. For as long as the citizens pay for what they cost, the "punishement"-system can be made obsolete instantly.

We're here to cancel karma, not to create more of it.

• It's pretty much the same thing as Auto insurance... If you drink and drive and get in accidents your insurance rate is going to go up...

If there is a global health system that is assisting the masses, then people who are trying to take good care of their bodies deserve some kind of incentive to Stay Healthy.

The way I see it is, Obama Care (formerly known as Universal Healthcare) is a way to lift people out of the most primal level of poverty there is... The poverty of degrading health.  Some people fail to see that Obamacare is just another reflection of how this world is changing in a more Healthful manner.

Health is the Highest Form of Wealth

• You are starting to sound like the dark cabal WOW sick sick sick listen too yourselves such intolerance and so judgemental I gotta ascend you people are terrible I believe you people decended instead of ascending thats why you are going no-where As the ascended masters and essens say just bless the darkness and go your way in peace you have me shaking my head Lord you are definitly not light-workers at all

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1548

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 746

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
10 hours ago
Agarther Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"no problem Drekx, keep it coming :)"
15 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"The Dark Cabal continues preparing for WW3 knowing they are running out of time and will soon be defeated. Its gonna be a bumpy ride, but these sickos will be defeated. WW3 will not happen and peace will win the day.…"
15 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Nothing wrong with what you post Drekx. It's all good. No overloading at all :)"
15 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Dear members...I know I can sometimes overload you guys with very esoteric cosmic data, one moment, health issues the next; problems & solutions, and then political matters......This is my adaptability ray in action.....
Please do remember, that my…"
15 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Music for your soul.
""Look So Sweet" · Composed by Stephane Deschezeaux, Nothing But... Keep It Funky, Vol. 26, ℗ Boogie Land Music, Released on: 2024-02-16👏🏻🌞

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0MmZnhcNNk"
16 hours ago
"My earlier reference to the Oxford Uni Debate, with discussions about "populism," which took the form of debate between Nancy Pelosi vs Winston Marshall, is elaborated upon further, when Piers Morgan had a chance to discuss the finer details with…"
16 hours ago
"AE I'm sure you will enjoy watching this Oxford Uni Debate, in which visiting Nancy Pelosi's elitist credentials, were challenged.....Globalism vs National Populism...
"Nancy Pelosi HUMILIATED at Oxford Debate!!!"😉…"
16 hours ago
More…