Living in the Now

No other book has impressed me or inspired me or influenced me as the book "Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. However, living in the now is the most difficult thing in the world. Is there anyone over here who can focus perfectly on the present without bothering about the non existent past and future. Could you give me some tips please? 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well,there you have it. Ask around and you get a set of completely opposing views. lol As is always the case,best to simply look within and make you own way. Dont forget to breathe.

Who put the WOW! in NOW?
  • Hi Stan,

Frankly I have not yet gone through the book. But I will try to get that one.

Frankly speaking what I feel is that we all live only in past and future ... never never in present...

Each and every action is the effect of past and want of something in the future. It is very difficult to live in the present...

One day when I was discussing with my MASTER...

HE said you all people ( that is we) live either in past or in future you can never live in present cause the past keeps influencing your actions and you keep worrying about your future. There is no instance in your life without these two. Look at the Yogis who in the Himalayas They have completely forgotten about Their past.. as They do not remember who They are are where They come from ... and They are not worried about the future as They have nothing to loose....

We are unable to live in present .....

Let Love, Light and Divinity fill us all ...............
  • Where is the NOW? How do i get there? And when i get there how will i know im there? Shouldnt i just wait till later to get to the NOW? What does the NOW look like? How long has the NOW been around for? Did it just get here?Where did the NOW come from? How many NOW"S are there? Is there only 1 NOW? Maybe life is just an endless series of NOW moments and we are continuously moving on from one NOW moment to the next NOW moment ? I guess the NOW never ends since it never began? NOW, what was i talking about?
  • I used to play pool when i was in high-school at the local pub.
    The place was always packed, verry loud music etc etc.
    But when i played i was so focused i was in a space al by myself and the pool table.
    I used to play for at least 7 hours straight,people would come from all over the place to play against me.

I was in the now i guess because i never saw the people around me nor did i hear the music.
    And strangely enough some weird stuff happened on that pool table with some of the shots i took, that untill now have no explenation.

That is what i think is living in the now, not in the day or hour or minute but before the seconds...:))

I always have this kind of focus when i am doing something i like, if somebody does not tell me to stop i
    can go on even without sleep and food.
    I guess that would be close to NOW.

Because in the now you can not be with others because they live in the future or the past, always running always looking for something lost or something to gain.

The Now moment is like the moment you drop of a huge wave without thoughts or any kind of control and just move naturaly driven by the wave itself...living in the now is living out of mind just being what you see or are doing.
    To be in the now you have to be out of mind...for the mind is always in the past or the future never in the now...Now just is...:)))

It is like making love and forget all about it, i get this all the time..lol...i become the love-making with no thinking just naturally going with it.

When this happens your life is so full so incredible powerfull.
    Problem is we tend to want to come back to the reality of the mind and its end-less naging-comparing-neurotism.

Zen would be close to the Now when eating ...eat...when showering...shower.
    Most people eat and watch tv or talk or walk or whatever so they are not in the NOW...:))

The Now is amazing...but you will be in your own Now for there is no mutual Now.
  • I too have found Eckhart's books and teachings to be among the most influential of my life. As Captain said in a post below, breathing - the breath - is the best way to connect with and experience the present moment. Breath is our connection to Source energy. As human incarnations, we typically can only have two types of thought, either past (what has happened, analysis of prior moments) or future (what we need to do, may do or have to do). These thoughts are associated with the left side of the brain.

Going back and forth between those two points usually generates emotions and circles or systems of thought (similar thoughts, tangents, projections, etc.) It is only when we can calm the mind by stopping the left brain's constant game of ping-pong between the past and future, that we can find ourselves alive in the Now, and focus upon breath is usually the best way to calm the mind.

Eckhart has a number of videos on YouTube. Even listening him speak and focusing on the breath can help with opening one's awareness to the present moment. Some days it can be very difficult to live in the now, however, with a certain amount of gentle mindfulness, perhaps taking a few moments a day to stop and focus on your breath, the awareness of the accessibility of the Now will grow in an expansive way and you can see that it is always there, always available, despite life's many situations. There is really no other place to be in terms of peace and bliss. All other thought is illusion.
  • Breathe in and out,look around you,pay attention to your surroundings,notice the feelings. Be present within your body,pay attention to what you are doing in the moment.......where is the past? where is the future? They are imaginary things..

Throw your keys up in the air and catch them. What are you thinking when focused so intently on the catch?
    That state is called Satori by some. Satori....to be in the moment. There is nothing else. And when a new moment comes,be fully in the moment again,and again ,and again.

All Is Satori
    All else is transitory

You making the most simple thing in the world difficult. Simply be,fully present and flow from now to now. If you find yourself wandering into the past or the future,bring yourself back to the now,what is there to worry about? Right there where you are,what is there right in front of you? Understand where your sphere of influence is most potent,its right there where you are,in the now.
    Everything flows in the now,and its always now,so if you are in the past or future,you are missing from the present.

Deal with the future when it comes,anticipation of some far off event can lead you to the habit of not being in the now,so when it comes you might miss it when in comes lol....develop the habit of being in the now and when the future comes you will be there. And you will be present and more able to fully enjoy it.
    • Well put Captain Caveman (your name always makes me smile......nice choice by the way). The Eckhart Tolle book Power of Now was lifechanging for me and has turned my whole existence around. Living in the now to me is a little bit like "good OCD" in that you get totally wrapped up in what is happening in the very moment. It is like you are a clean slate and hyperaware of all that is around you and you begin to see things in a whole new way. You become aware of smells, touches, colors, and all your senses are heightened.. Because you are not focusing back on what has happened previously there is no fear, sadness or bad feelings or woulda-coulda-shoulda regrets, and if you do not allow yourself to project to the future, you are not filled with ego filled "I wants" and setting oneself up for disappointments if things do not turn out the way your imagination has lead you to desire things to be. If you have no preconcieved notions of the future and every moment is fresh and full of wonder, your inner being is at peace. This is what I have found. Ego has a way of twisting people in knots, and making judgements of good and bad people, experiences etc, which is a spiral...No need to judge just go with the flow. It is not impossible and the results are astounding. Like Peekay says, when you start to drift off, pull yourself back, and all is good. Aum is indeed helpful, I use that myself.
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1542

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Dr Berg gets into the 14 things we can consume to make fasting easier. https://youtu.be/hbhO_1N9kh8?si=y6L2_kvmlEnT8Y2u"
6 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Ran into this video just a little bit ago. This gets into 14 things you can consume to make fasting easier. https://youtu.be/hbhO_1N9kh8?si=y6L2_kvmlEnT8Y2u"
7 minutes ago
Drekx Omega replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"The wonder herb, Thyme...👍🏻

"Thyme, as a herb, has been traditionally used for its beneficial effects on the respiratory system. The aromatic properties of thyme can help to open up the airways and improve breathing, making it easier for the lungs…"
50 minutes ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"The wonder herb, Thyme...👍🏻

"Thyme, as a herb, has been traditionally used for its beneficial effects on the respiratory system. The aromatic properties of thyme can help to open up the airways and improve breathing, making it easier for the lungs…"
52 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"More coverage on the recent Area 51 news story. https://youtu.be/pJEBpBCyWF8?si=DBMDBYSDlY9fIIx9"
1 hour ago
"More coverage on the recent Area 51 news story. https://youtu.be/pJEBpBCyWF8?si=DBMDBYSDlY9fIIx9"
1 hour ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"New Area 51 news story from yesterday. https://youtu.be/TBd2465ZaXk?si=Cm_A5NoZcplxSKhu"
1 hour ago
"Area 51 making it on the news. This was from yesterday. https://youtu.be/TBd2465ZaXk?si=Cm_A5NoZcplxSKhu"
1 hour ago
More…