70-90% efficiency: Russia to send Ebola vaccine to W. Africa in 2 months

Published time: October 13, 2014 13:12
Reuters / HO

Reuters / HO

In two months, Russia is planning to send a new experimental vaccine against Ebola to Africa, according to the country’s health minister. The efficiency of the drug, which is to be tested on the ground, is about 70-90 percent.

Today we are discussing that we will have enough of Triazoverin vaccine in two months so that we can send them to our personnel in Guinea and test its efficiency in clinical conditions,” Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said.

The vaccine has so far proved efficient against various hemorrhagic fevers, including the Marburg virus which is very similar to Ebola.

“The efficiency ranges between 70 and 90 percent and this is a very good indicator,” Skvortsova said.

Russia’ Virology Institute is preparing a whole group of drugs.

They are basically genetically engineered drugs which can work both for disease treatment and prevention,” Skvortsova said.

Russian virologists, who have set up a laboratory in Guinea, are preparing to test the vaccine on primates.

The vaccine we have produced is made from the attenuated strains [of the virus]. We now have enough to repeat the experiment on the primates and proceed to clinical trials.”

READ MORE: Scientists in Russia developing three Ebola vaccines

On Sunday, Skvortsova announced that Russian scientists are working on three potential Ebola vaccines which they expect to introduce as soon as in the next six months.

"We have created three vaccines,” she said in an interview with Rossiya-1 TV. “One vaccine is based on a strain of Ebola, and the other two have been created by means of genetic engineering.”

As of October 8, a total of 4,033 people had died from the Ebola outbreak, out of a total of 8,399 registered cases in seven countries, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported. For now, Liberia is the worst-hit with 4,076 cases and 2,316 deaths. It is followed by Sierra Leone, where there are 2,950 cases and 930 deaths.

According to the WHO, the fatality rate associated with Ebola averages roughly 50 percent, but has ranged from 25 percent to 90 percent in past outbreaks.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And you provide no proof that what I am posting has no merit, except your good word.

• Shepard Smith: 'Do Not Listen To The Hysterical Voices' In The Media About Ebola

Posted: 10/15/2014 5:20 pm EDT Updated: 10/15/2014 5:59 pm EDT

Fox News' Shepard Smith railed against the media's Ebola hysteria on Wednesday.

"You should have no concerns about Ebola at all. None. I promise," stated Smith. He went on to tell viewers, "Do not listen to the hysterical voices on the radio and the television or read the fear-provoking words online. The people who say and write hysterical things are being very irresponsible."

He explained: "We do not have an outbreak of Ebola in the United States. Nowhere. We do have two healthcare workers who contracted the disease from a dying man. They are isolated. There is no information to suggest that the virus has spread to anyone in the general population in America. Not one person in the general population in the United States."

The Fox News host emphasized that political gamesmanship is skewing media coverage. "With midterm elections coming, the party in charge needs to appear to be effectively leading. The party out of power needs to show that there is a lack of leadership," said Smith.

Smith stressed, "I report to you with certainty this afternoon that being afraid at all is the wrong thing to do." He called media-stoked Ebola panic "counterproductive", saying that it "lacks basis in fact or reason."

He acknowledged that Ebola is a serious problem in West Africa, as well as for the victims and their families in Texas, but he pleaded with media outlets to stop fear-mongering about Ebola in the U.S.

"Someday there may be a real panic. Someday, something may start spreading that they can't control. And then, do you know what we're gonna have to do? We're gonna have to relax and listen to leaders. We're not gonna panic when we're supposed to and we're certainly not gonna panic now. We have to stop it."

Watch the clip above (via Fox News)

(h/t Media Matters)

• FEATHER WINGER: the central African ebola strains are different strains compared to the west African strains. This is why this is controversial; the ebola problem took place in west Africa with the arrival of foreigners offering vaccinations and Tulane Medical school operating in the west Africa region on a $7 million grant related to ebola (with much Department of Defense involvement due to the C.D.C. labeling ebola as a possible bioweapon).

It is a scary catastrophe that is unfolding, and I still believe this madness is under the aegis of a few money-addicted a$$hole$ on Wall Street (and definitely in D.C.) who want to steal the resources of west Africa, especially oil and mineral related resources.  I guess they miss the profits made from growing opium (and making heroin) in Afghanistan.

• HEY BARRY: read it and weep.  Here's a report from researchers at Harvard that show evidence linking GMO food with Crohn's Disease. And please don't go looking for "mosquito feces in the pepper shaker" with the researchers evidence; you simply make yourself look foolish since you probably have no experience of working in a lab with medical research (I do).

Attention Crohn’s and IBD Sufferers – Harvard Researchers Discover ...

A September 16, 2010 conducted by Cell Host & Microbe, Harvard School of Public Health (“HSPH”) researchers found that “certain bacteria that inhabit the intestines provides the environmental trigger that initiates and perpetuates chronic intestinal inflammation in individuals who are genetically susceptible to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).”

Crohn’s and IBD are chronic inflammatory disorders that afflict more than 5 million people in the U.S. Approximately 30,000 new cases are diagnosed each year. The principal forms of IBD are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Although intestinal bowel syndrome (IBS) is not mentioned in the study, it is clear that the same issues apply to IBS sufferers.

The various forms of IBD, IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative are the three highest risk factors for colorectal cancer. For most people with one of these ailments, it is when, not if, for colorectal cancer.

Lead investigator Wendy Garrett, assistant professor of immunology and infectious diseases at Harvard said, “In this study, we identified two microbes that instigate gut inflammation that leads to inflammatory bowel disease ….”

These microbes were identified by Russell L. Blaylock, MD and Daniel C. Dantini, MD more than a decade ago. But their studies and books have been ignored or labeled controversial by the industry because their books identify the causes of these bacteria microbes as coming from genetically modified foods and the dangerous addictive chemicals added to packaged foods by food manufacturers.

The study alleges that an “individual’s genetic background influences what bacteria reside within his or her intestine.” Senior author Laurie Glimcher, the Irene Heinz Given Professor of Immunology at HSPH said, “Whether IBD is caused by individual species of bacteria or disruptions of entire microbial communities remains controversial.” It only remains controversial because of the political might of Monsanto to silent or dilute its critics.

To any Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis and IBD sufferer who has been diagnosed with malignant colon cancer, it is neither controversial nor disputed. We all have a genetic predisposition. The question is what activates the genetic disposition in people with family histories of digestive diseases. Growing evidence points to the bacteria remaining in the digestive track after eating genetically modified foods.

Thirteen years of research, reading more than 4,000 books, articles and studies and writing four health books with my co-author, Ashley F. Brooks, led us to a different conclusion. The conclusion is supported by more than 600 studies from independent scientists and researchers.

The genes of genetically modified foods are split with the E. coli bacteria, Bt toxin and other “gene promotors” that leave the bacterium’s residue in your gut that causes IBD, IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis. It didn’t get there by accident. The statistical increase in digestive diseases and colorectal cancer can be directly traced to the creation of genetically modified foods and the addition of dangerous addictive chemicals in packaged foods.

The effects of genetically modified fruits and vegetables, factory farmed meats and addictive chemical additives, such as MSG, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin and others, caused one author to be diagnosed with malignant colon cancer.

Even after surgery, the Crohn’s, IBD and ulcerative colitis continued and actually got worse until one author stopped eating the genetically modified foods and any product containing chemical additives in what the manufacturers described as “healthy” foods.

Factory farmed beef, pork and poultry come from animals kept in confined pens, shot-up with Bovine Growth Hormones (animal steroids), fed on genetically modified corn (not their natural food) and given antibiotics in their food daily. The animals are kept in pens that are knee deep in urine soaked manure that have contributed to so many of the food recalls in the past three years. Cows fed on GMO corn dies in 140 to 160 days unless slaughtered sooner. The bacteria in the GMO corn feed kills them.

In the case of beef, the dangers have reached a level where hamburger producers put ammonia into their hamburger to stop the spread of E.coli. Double cheese ammonia burgers? Well, that is what America is eating at fast food chains.

The fact is that all of the Harvard teaching facilities, researchers and hospitals are so politically and financially attached to Big Food companies that they are unwilling to attach any cause or blame to their largest financial benefactors. For example, Big Food employees sit on boards of several medical schools including Harvard and the Tufts University School of Nutrition. Corporate incest is rampant in the medical schools across the country.

Their compromised objectivity became public in 2008 when Senator Charles E. Grassley exposed conflicts of interest at Harvard Medical School and its teaching facility, Massachusetts General Hospital.

An investigation revealed that psychiatrists Joseph Biederman, Thomas J. Spencer, and Timothy E. Wilens failed to report earning of more than $1.6 million from pharmaceutical companies since 2000. Dr. Biederman was a professor of psychiatry and Chief of Pediatric Psychopharmacology at Massachusetts General at the time.

Meanwhile, Harvard Medical School Dean Jeffrey S. Flier said that he did not want to jeopardize one of the school’s major sources of funding.

Drug companies contributed more than $8.6 million in 2008 for basic science research and the $3 million for continuing education classes on campus separate and distinct from their direct payments to the doctors and professors.

Most of the money goes to professors at the Harvard-affiliated teaching hospitals, and the dean’s office admitted that it does not keep track of the total. Senate investigative reports later disclosed 149 Harvard-affiliated professors with financial ties to Pfizer and 130 with Merck. This does not include other Big Food,Big Oil and Big Pharma members. Once again, money triumphs over truth.

The food and drug industries’ mantra about blind testing is also a fraud. According to internationally expert in assessing the credibility of medical research, Dr. John Ioannidis, “Up to 90 percent of published medical information directly relied on by doctors to determine treatment is misleading, exaggerated, or quite often flat out wrong.” Even more unsettling, the medical community agrees with his assessment.

His published paper showed “both theoretically and empirically that 80 percent of non-randomized studies (the most common type), 25 percent of the “gold-standard” randomized trials, and nearly 10 percent of the “platinum-standard” large randomized trials were incorrectly executed.”

To highlight the inability to weed out bad research, “they focused on the 49 most highly regarded and cited research papers published in the past 13 years. Of those, 41% had later been disproved when tested, while 24% hadn’t even been retested.” Upon further examination, 3 of these studies, which were later firmly disproved, they “found scientists were more likely to cite the original inaccurate study, in one case for at least 12 years after it was discredited”.

One need look no further than Scott S. Reuben, MD, a Harvard researcher who falsified the VIGOR test on Vioxx and Bextra which resulted in more than 100,000 deaths. There were no patients and he forged the names of doctors to research data.

After more than 100,000 deaths, Dr. Reuben was sentenced to only ten years in prison. Since his fraud makes him the largest serial killer in the history of the U.S., the death penalty would have been more appropriate. The drug manufacturer was not indicted nor punished for using his fraudulent tests. Like all big corporations, the manufacturer claimed they didn’t know.

Another example is Dr. Alan F. Schatzberg, Chair of Stanford’s Psychiatry Department and President-elect of the American Psychiatric Association. Senator Grassley found that Dr. Schatzberg controlled more than $6 million worth of stock in Corcept Therapeutics, a company he co-founded that is testing mifepristone, the abortion drug otherwise known as RU-486, as a treatment for psychotic depression. One does not have to wonder what the findings in his studies said. Forget about drug safety. It is about money, profits and more money.

Anyone who has Crohn’s, IBD, IBS or ulcerative colitis will tell you that it is the chemicals in their food that makes them ill. One author stopped his suffering by switching to a chemically-free diet of organic foods and taking natural enzyme supplements. Only by giving up the source of the bacteria – genetically modified foods and dangerous chemical additives – can one hope to jettison the bacterium that causes their illness. Live a chemically free life or die a toxic waste dump consisting of Big Food, Big Oil and Big Pharma chemicals found in our foods, drugs and in the air from disasters like the Exxon Valdez or the BP Deep Horizon oil rig.

It doesn’t take an industry funded, self-serving study to tell Crohns’, IBD, IBS and ulcerative colitis sufferers the obvious. Garbage in, garbage out applies to human beings as much, if not more than to computers. But with food, it is garbage in and the garbage stays in your gut, organs, muscles and tissues for ever.

If you are what you eat, then Crohn’s, IBD, IBS and ulcerative colitis sufferers are toxic dump sites for the dangerous bacteria residues left in your gut by eating packed foods, factory farmed meats and genetically modified fruits and vegetables.

This entry was posted in Crohn's Disease, Factory Farming, Fast Food Addiction, Food Allergies, Genetically Modified Foods - GMOs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, IBD, IBS, Inflammation, Intolerances, Weight Gain and Obesity. Bookmark thepermalink.
    http://howtoeliminatepain.com/crohns-disease/attention-crohn%E2%80%99s-and-ibd-sufferers-%E2%80%93-…
    • I'm not going to get into all this but for those who are suffering from Crohn's...

Self Healing Colitis & Crohn's by Dr. David Klein who cured himself of it with this diet.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AKJB24/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1T1DP

• @Avatar

"AO, I do not know too many doctors who are willing to give anything away for free."

Basically ALL doctors I know would NEVER withhold INFORMATION if they knew that the INFORMATION in itself could help people. Information wants to be free and anyone who work against that is a puppet of the order. ;)

They charge for treatments and pills, but never for plain and simple information.

• ACUTE OBSERVER: please note that the Hippocratic Oath has been changed and "modernized."  Note the phrase "keep them from harm" has been removed and "modernized" to read "there is an art to medicine as well as a science." 

HIPPOCRATIC OATH: CLASSICAL VERSION

I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art—if they desire to learn it—without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.

—Translation from the Greek by Ludwig Edelstein. From The Hippocratic Oath: Text, Translation, and Interpretation, by Ludwig Edelstein. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1943.

HIPPOCRATIC OATH: MODERN VERSION

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

—Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.

• AO, I do not know too many doctors who are willing to give anything away for free. However, if this diet helps where medication and surgery [which is highly expensive] doesn't help I'll go for it.

• So, he's SELLING the secret instead of just TELLING people about it.

Didn't he swear the Hippocratic Oath or is he just ignoring it? ;)

• HERE'S MORE INFO THAT REVEALS THAT ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FOUND A LINK BETWEEN MONSANTO'S GMO CORN AND DIGESTIVE DISORDERS, NOTABLY COLITIS (a symptom of Crohn's. The link is below the article cut-out):

In Italian government-sponsored research, (v) mice that were fed Monsanto’s GM corn, showed a wide range of immune responses. The mice had an increase in cytokines (substances that are secreted by specific cells of the immune system which carry signals locally between cells, and thus have an effect on other cells). The specific cytokines (interleukins) that were elevated are also higher in humans who suffer from a wide range of disorders. See the table below:

Elevated interleukins Associations
      IL-6 Rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, various types of cancer (multiple myeloma and prostate cancer)
      IL-13 Allergy, allergic rhinitis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
      MIP-1b Autoimmune disease and colitis
      IL-12p70 Inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis

As you can see, two of the elevated interleukins are associated with inflammatory bowel diseases and one is specifically associated with colitis.

Monsanto’s Roundup Soybean

In 1970, Monsanto brought to the market a herbicide called Roundup which quickly became the world’s best selling herbicide. In 1996, they introduced a crop that was genetically modified so that it was resistant to the herbicide. This meant that only the weeds that existed amongst the soybean crop fields were destroyed while the genetically engineered crops survived relatively unharmed. To develop their transgenic Roundup soybeans, Monsanto initially used mutated genes from a range of bacteria including Klebsiella pneomoniae.(vi)

In 1996, when Monsanto began selling Roundup Ready soybeans, only 2% of soybeans in the U.S. contained the patented gene. By 2008, 90% of the soybeans contained the gene. The reasons for the huge increase are not only because of cross breeding of the GMO and natural crops but because Monsanto strategically aims to monopolize food production and profits. By claiming intellectual property rights over its seeds, Monsanto is telling us that they are the creator of life. They are able to have exclusive rights to exclude anyone else from using, having, distributing the patented product. In fact, Monsanto had 75 members of staff in America devoted to investigating and prosecuting farmers for saving seed. This has forced farmers to pay for and grow nothing but the Monsanto seed. As Vandana Shiva points out,“when you control seed, you control food” and as Henry Kissinger famously stated,”Control the food, control the people”.(vii)

On September 16th 2010, a study led by Harvard School of Public Health found “certain bacteria that inhabit the intestine provide the environmental trigger that initiates and perpetuates chronic intestinal inflammation in individuals who are genetically susceptible to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)”.(viii)

http://www.nationofchange.org/my-food-fight-ibd-vs-monsanto-1363705187

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1540

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Malcolm commented on Malcolm's blog post Washington D.C. Full Moon Alert - 04/23/24 - A big conflict involving power is about to begin, and "crisis due to transformation" is about to begin.
"We may start to see violent behavior coming. People are waking up in large numbers to the reality that the lunatics are running the asylum. My big fear is that the Supreme Court may or may not be blackmailed or threatened; they are being forced to…"
22 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"Good episode of UFO files that gets into ET activity in biblical times. https://youtu.be/htmfPlZrCsg?si=KPPd51jEYxENzTPE"
26 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Good episode of UFO files here that gets into ET activity in biblical times. https://youtu.be/htmfPlZrCsg?si=KPPd51jEYxENzTPE"
27 minutes ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
 | SourceWe are the Andromedan Council of Light, and we are very excited to be connecting with you in this way. You are coming to a point in your consciousness evolution where you are beginning to realize that you are not so separate after all. Now,…
1 hour ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
   Oneness & Divine Love By AA Zadkiel & Linda Robinson Greetings Beloved Ones, WE ARE Archangels Amethyst and Zadkiel, and we greet you with Love. Today, we wish to discuss Oneness and Divine Love. You are part of the vast, unlimited energy of…
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"You're most welcome and it's also a fact that once Israel was created and became a more stable society, under the Kings, such as Solomon, the imperative for a monogamous norm, was relaxed for the King himself....;-)

It was thought that Kings…"
3 hours ago
Agarther Z left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, that's interesting, now I believe there's some spiritual reason why you are backing Israel in the conflict in Gaza, thank you"
4 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, something of the sort....But the real purpose behind the tribes getting lost, was to spread the genetics, far and wide, to other continents, such as Europe and Africa...Indeed, the Ethiopeans had such a group of jews, known as Beta Abraham and…"
4 hours ago
More…