Avoiding deceit in your search for truth

Namaste Crew Members,

As we navigate the sea of information of the world-wide-web, we often cross paths with untruths in the form of cunning deceptions, scams and lies.  These untruths can range from benign, to down right dangerous and enslaving.  As a fellow truth seeker, I strive to share what wisdom my path has distilled upon me in hopes that I may be both of service to others, and corrected when in error.  If what I share bellow resonates with you, please take it upon yourself to learn it for yourself.  If you don't find value in what I have to say, follow your own truth and continue on your path. 

To iterate the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, "The only thing sacred after all is the integrity of ones own mind."  No belief, organization, leader or idea should be so sacred as to not merit careful investigation and scrutiny.  Any and all information you come across should first be verified through careful analysis of the supporting evidence before being accepted as true or worthy of adaptation.  If something is true, it will be substantiated by verifiable evidence, logic, and reason.  As Buddha himself once said, "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, noteven if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense".

One potential problem with much of the New Age genre of information is that it is not always substantiated with hard evidence, leaving us to more or less act on faith in place of logic.  Fortunately we can use the tools of logic, reason, the scientific method and some basic psychology to help us avoid deception.

If something is true, such as the force of gravity, it will be mostly consistent, verifiable, and not require belief in order for it to be true.  It just is.  One thing we have to watch out for is our personal biases.  Is something true because it is self evident and verifiable, or does it only seem true because you believe it is?  Our minds have the capacity to create illusions of truth, where little to none exists.  Just as an example, one might believe they are cursed and made to suffer due to a mishap in a past life.  This person would then look for things in their life that affirms this belief.  Their focus on the bad things that happen to them, while ignoring or rationalizing the good things  enhances this potentially false reality.  However, if they were to perform a less biased review of their life, or even get the opinion of another, they would likely see that they are just average and have the same good/bad experiences as anyone else.  This phenomenon is known as "Confirmation Bias": "It is the peculiar and perpetual errorof the human understanding to be more moved and excited by affirmatives than by
negatives" - Francis Bacon.  For this reason, feelings alone should not be trusted to confirm whether something is true or not.  Feelings and intuition can give us hunches in the right direction, but they should be corroborated with both the physical evidence and the application of logic and reason.

Another psychological phenomenon that can either deter or lead us closer to the truth is cognitive dissonance.  This is the uncomfortable feeling that we may feel when we are presented with new information that contradicts our current beliefs or paradigms.  If we allow this discomfort and anxiety to scare us away from further investigation, we could potentially forgo the opportunity to arrive closer to the truth.  However, if we investigate with the attitude that knowing the truth is more important than remaining comfortable, we can then hope to find out if this new information is closer to the truth than our current paradigm.

One thing that can complicate things is that there are different types of truths as well as differing definitions and adaptations there of.  Laws of nature (physics, mathematics etc) could be considered one type of truth, while metaphysics, spirituality, and psychology would fall under other types.  Some truths are based on facts (2+2=4), while others are more subjective (philosophy, spirituality etc).  If someone is attempting to take advantage of perceived truths, there are some warning signs worth noting to hopefully avoid being deceived:
  • Unreasonable cost for services (is it all about the money?)
  • Devotion, loyalty or worship to the leader
  • Abandonment of family, friends or non-believers
  • Superstitious or magical thinking required (goes against logic, reason or science)
  • Contradicts verifiable evidence or witnesses
  • Questioning or further investigation is discouraged (faith only etc)
  • Contradicts intuition or gut feelings (follow your hunches through to further investigation)
One last item worth mentioning is the potency and subtlety of mind control/thought reform.  Without knowing the patterns and methods of mind control, we can potentially be converted into dangerous cults, false religions, or into false thinking.  This Wiki will provide a good introduction of Mind Control.

The above represents tidbits of what I have personally experienced and crossed paths with.  Your mileage may very.  You may take it or leave it. 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mileage much shared!!! Thanks for the reminder sweetie! Have a great weekend.
    Namaste',
    Barb
  • AMEN!
    Thank you for your so well stated words.
    Love/ A-k
  • Thank you brother<3 In La'kesh!=]
  • yes ja ja
  • Take it, and in my case, share it. I have understood it as my own (also by self-informing). Thank you.
  • Hi there,

Thanks a lot for this. Your insights just came at the right time. I was going through a moment where I had strong questions and doubts .

Love and Light

Mauricio
  • I think most of us who seek truth in our lives have had to take a close look at exactly what you have so eloquently said here.
    Love & Light,
    Sky
  • clever great discussion
  • clever great discussion
  • I take this in as a very sound and sensible suggestion LM, one that could be adopted as we
    tune in to our `watcher within'. Thanks.
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1528

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Malcolm posted a blog post
To repeat, knowledge of the Uranian Astrology planets and knowledge of use of the 90 Degree Dial are required for this lesson. Personal Points (As, Mc, Moon, Sun, North Node, and Aries Point) get primary consideration for analysis of symmetrical…
14 minutes ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Those of us of Light, are interested in observing a definite global raising, of consciousness, among nations and people...The recent example of zealous "cancel culture," adopted by the jackbooted EU establishment mayors, in Brussels, Belgium, has…"
2 hours ago
AlternateEarth liked Malcolm's blog post HEY ASHTAR COMMAND CREW...Malaysian Flight MH370 analysis via Uranian Astrology methods NAILED...Check out this video that appeared 3 days ago that has 224K views..Then read my astrology conclusion.
4 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
17 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
17 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
| SourceThe collective subconscious has shifted after many years of release and clearing. This changes our collective creation abilities, supporting new Source-informed unified creation which honors the higher trajectory and benefits the…
20 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
  AncientAwakeningsI’ve come to be with you at this time, in this auspicious time, in this momentous time that you are approaching now. Not so much just for the eclipse that is about to happen, solar eclipse, but because of the shift, the change…
20 hours ago
GalacticWhiteRose@Yahoo.com commented on Ben-Arion's blog post Calm In The Midst Of The Storm
"M.S. told me a long time ago. On this planet there is Light and there is Less Light. All of these ones are us. Both sides. Why do we have the Less Light? So that we can learn the lessons. We are going to be graduating as we do this. Thank you for…"
21 hours ago
More…