"Vegetarianism functioned as a purification. When you eat animals you are more under the law of necessity. You are heavy, you gravitate more towards the earth. When you are a vegetarian you are light and you are more under the law of grace, under the law of power, and you start gravitating towards the sky. Your food is not just food: it is you. What you eat, you become. If you eat something which ...is fundamentally based on murder, on violence, you cannot rise above the law of necessity. You will remain more or less an animal. The human is born when you start moving above the animals, when you start doing something to yourself which no animal can do. Vegetarianism is a conscious effort, a deliberate effort, to get out of the heaviness that keeps you tethered to the earth so that you can fly -- so that the flight from the alone to the alone becomes possible. The lighter the food, the deeper goes the meditation. The grosser the food, then meditation becomes more and more difficult. I am not saying that meditation is impossible for a non-vegetarian -- it is not impossible, but it is unnecessarily difficult."
~ Osho
Photo: "Vegetarianism functioned as a purification. When you eat animals you are more under the law of necessity. You are heavy, you gravitate more towards the earth. When you are a vegetarian you are light and you are more under the law of grace, under the law of power, and you start gravitating towards the sky. Your food is not just food: it is you. What you eat, you become. If you eat something which ...is fundamentally based on murder, on violence, you cannot rise above the law of necessity. You will remain more or less an animal. The human is born when you start moving above the animals, when you start doing something to yourself which no animal can do. Vegetarianism is a conscious effort, a deliberate effort, to get out of the heaviness that keeps you tethered to the earth so that you can fly -- so that the flight from the alone to the alone becomes possible. The lighter the food, the deeper goes the meditation. The grosser the food, then meditation becomes more and more difficult. I am not saying that meditation is impossible for a non-vegetarian -- it is not impossible, but it is unnecessarily difficult." ~ Osho

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The reason vegetarians eat plants is related to the annular process of Plants. Most plants are eaten when they are approaching their demise... meaning when they are fully matured.
      Some people also argue that plants do not possess a nervous system, hence pain is not possible for them on a physical basis. Emotional pain however is another thing. An indian scientist Dr. Jagdish Chandra Bose has conducted many experiments, that show otherwise. Though a plant does not have a brain per say the feelings apparently are transmitted through the length of the plant. The stomatas help in this.

A great link to read more on Dr. Bose's expts would be - http://www.viewzone.com/plants.html

For the record, I come from a non-vegetarian family, but have been a vegetarian my whole life. :)) could never stand the smell of death around me, and always gave a lot of trouble to my mum, who did all she could to make me eat meat and fish and then gave up. Finally thanks to my persistence and also fervant prayers my whole family turned vegetarian by the time i finished college.

I think what you eat should be a personal choice, and the people around you should respect that. Personally though I've always known that my stomach would never want to be a graveyard for animals.

-
      with intent,
      much love, light and laughter,
      Asavari.

Do plants have feelings? The amazing life of plants.
      Do plants have feelings? The amazing life of plants.
    • It is different than eating meat because there is no suffering involved.. Just go to a slaughterhouse, then visit a farm where plants are harvested, I think the difference is quite obvious. Besides that, plants don't feel the pain that animals do as there is no point for it, they cannot stop what is being done to them.

Also, there is a lot of waste involved in raising animals, as not just the animals have to be raised but their feed as well, which comes from plants.. It takes quite a bit more land to produce the same amount of food from animals.

• But how do you know that plants don't suffer when you pick them out of the ground?

I can't see any difference between eating meat and eating plants...:(  

• Also, eating plants creates your own fertilizer that you can then give back to the earth to sustain and build new plant life. It is much more sustainable than raising meat for consumption.

• When animals are raised to be eaten, plants have to be raised and killed in order to feed them, so you're not only causing animals to suffer by eating them, but the plants they ate as well... Regardless of whether or not they suffer, it's clearly more damaging to be eating animals, especially considering how they are forced to live throughout their lifespan. If you actually look for the difference in eating plants vs animals instead of trying to justify eating meat by pretending it's not there, you will see one.

• Think about what you are saying for a second.  You say dont eat animals because we have to feed them plants.  But you are saying for humans to eat only plants, the same plants that you say need to be saved from being eaten by animals. 

• well at least they don't cry... i feel much better now i stop eating meat years ago..

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1543

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

RandyFirstContact liked Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
8 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
  Transforming Doubt By Archangel Metatron With Natalie Glasson Greetings to you beloved beings of light, I am Archangel Metatron. It is a joy to be in your presence today.  I invite you now to acknowledge your own being and body and acknowledge my…
12 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
13 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
13 hours ago
Justin89636 liked Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
14 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"If interested, feel free to make comments and ask questions....

https://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/profiles/blogs/the-galaxy-is-aliv..."
15 hours ago
Drekx Omega posted a blog post
  Drekx stated:A daily ritual is completed by the Council of Nine, which maintains this galaxy, as a functioning whole..The NINE are all spirit-warriors, dedicated to this duty, which is of prime importance to all of us....The Atar clan are the…
15 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Good list of foods here from Dr. Ekberg for intermittent fasting benefits. https://youtu.be/P0U1CJnbrPU?si=XbXPYzfzF7cpIx1n"
21 hours ago
More…