The Age of Gurus is Over

Hi ACC Members!

What is your opinion about the Gurus? not teachers in general but I mean the Satgurus or people who call others up to follow them literally...

Why there is a wide spread opinion, that a person needs ONE guru to follow during a life period or even all life long? I have always been pretty allergic to that idea of ONE guru and still am... Even if I have decided not to follow any particular guru, this topic still is in my interest, because I met a highly intelligent person recently, who also has his ONE guru. The last fact was kinda surprising to me, because he seems a very independent soul actually, no "follower" type... He even claims that he recites ONLY mantras given by his guru ... (unfortunately I did not get a chance to ask him any further about that...)

So, I decided to post this to maybe get a wider perspective on that.

Guru means "teacher" among other things (like "from darkness to light" etc). Why on earth should one need only "one" teacher? OK, I admit, I have not read all the ancient scripts yet, that is maybe why I have missed something important ;))

I also know, the guru must only awaken the real guru in You and Me (in the disciple).

But still it seems that many gurus saying this still "do not mind at all", if disciples will start following all their words literally!

This is against my logic, because to me every guru who has walked this planet is incarnated as a human being and no guru can be always right in everything and no teachings can apply to all people in this world.

To me personally it seems that there is so much blind following. Even if the Guru is a very wise person, old soul and maybe even a higher dimensional being....still despite all this I would not recommend anyone to follow a guru 100%. Because he still is a being who is also learning. There are no beings here who have no lessons left to learn...and yes, they also have their egos.

So my message is... let us all be our gurus to each other and to ourselves :) 

Krishna Kalki once gave me a quote which resonates with me a lot "The time of Gurus is over. Everyone is his own guru now". Like it! :)

Much love to all and I appreciate all opinions of yours, because I want to learn more about that controversal topic.

Laura

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• few SMART PEOPLE TAKING many NOT SO SMART PEOPLE FOR A RIDE IS CALLED - A cult.

''mine is better than your's'

• I think that we can learn from others who have reached an enlightened perspective but we should not hang on the words of Gurus. As is said here, we can be and are our own Gurus and it is proper for us to learn from ourselves and each other. There are plenty of genuine Gurus who have found an enlightened perspective and there are many people who feel that they are here to help teach and enlighten humanity but at a certain point, we have to allow ourselves to look within for the purest aspects of truth we wish to find.

We can all help each other to find enlightenment but we won't get anywhere if we solely look externally for assistance along our paths. A perfect balance of helping oneself and absorbing help from others who have gained a similar perspective is necessary.

Thank you for this post. :)

• Guru-dispeller of darkness-a soul/spirit that has reached great heights through tried and true spiritual practices can through the Spirit be used to help dispel spiritual doubts etc to a 'disciple' or follower of said guru-again mis guided information that leads people astray-atheism

• Mayir, Good question and one I am familiar with. I met my first 'guru' on a bridge in India in 1965. He walked towards me, I stopped him, took a photo and he looked into my soul and walked off. That was the awakening by a glance from a guru.

I met others from Meher Baba to Osho to AC Bhaktivedanta and by the late 1970's it was 'in' to have a guru. The Krishna people became experts in gurudom. Still are. Many people took shelter of a guru who wandered off with the money or the cute chick and so they took another guru who did the same. The most I've heard of is 4 gurus. After they all fell down into maya, or illusion the disciple was told by the priests to just surrender to a picture of the founder.

So, in this age, being initiated by a connected guru within an established disciplic succession is a good business. For the guru and their organisation. From all this I have learned to never join a group and take a guru. A glance from a wise one will do. Once a group is formed, the masters of illusion move in and simply want disciples, followers, the ultimare illusion.

These gurus will get fat and rich and strong, just move on. The best guru was my late wife, she really did love me and still does somewhere. I loved her and served her until she was no more in this physical state. That love I carry every day. It is with me now. I learned from her that just to love one complete stranger unconditionally until they depart is the lesson of guru.

All others are complete maya. It is just a test for you to see if you can see through all their illusion.

There is no such thing as a spiritual guru with an organisation. That is a spiritual business man.

I like the individual personal journey full of love and bliss and joy of life. Every now and then I glance at someone and remember the old guru way back in 1965 when I was a teenager seeking answers. That is enough.

Love.

Kaunteya.

• Dear Kaunteya,

i appreciate your view / opinion / experience.

awakening, with HIS kripa / blessings, can happen any moment any where for reason or no reason.

wherever a group is formed- politics and ego feeding is a natural consequence, which defeats the entire purpose. I AM BETTER, HE IS BETTER, I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG, MINE IS BETTER...............................

and in cult the guru is highly motivated- MAYA is the root cause of misery and sufferings - give it to my organisation, they sell every possible concept- drug abuse, sex, physical training breathing and physical exercises, trance inducing music, hypnosis ...........-under the label of spirituality and ascension, with each GURU claiming that his path is the only right path.

these gurus from all parts-east, west, north, south, central....... are the one responsible for spreading confusion.

most of them are nothing more than good orators and physical trainers. people accept everything being marketed under the label- SPIRITUALITY, without even knowing and understanding the facts. people are impressed by their acrobatics and rhetoric without even realizing that it is their ,guru's, BREAD EARNING PROFESSION. with practice it is possible- anyone can do it. We appreciate when some guru performs various yogasanas, but we don't appreciate with that reverence any sportsman, actor, stage performer, or even an air-pilot, whereas all these too are about regular practice like yogasanas, because they are not considered spiritual.

when a guru teaches hyper ventilation BREATHING TECHNIQUES, we accept that experience as spiritual, whereas it is simply oxygen charging.

when a guru uses trance inducing methods, we accept the same as spiritual experience, whereas it nothing more than manifestation of suppressed emotions and thoughts.

i further appreciate your view that "There is no such thing as a spiritual guru with an organisation. That is a spiritual business man" - sooner we realize, better it is.

• Dear Lalit,

There is likely to be many powerful gurus appear that will fool many. They will all have an organisation behind them. The life blood is new recruits. Churches, temples, retreats, authors with centers. They all have a management team. They all promise liberation, heaven, paradise, pureland, vaikuntha. Run! Fast!

Grow your hair and listen to your heart.

Love

kaunteya

• We all are Gurus in some level, there is a reason for some people to wanting to have another person as guru.

• Comes back from run, sees topic.

Nonsense! The Age of Gurus has just begun, a whole planet full of them!

Drinks rest of the glass...

⋱⋮ ⋰. ,;***;,. ⋱⋮ ⋰
     ⋯¤♥¤⋯(^_^)⋯¤♥¤⋯ 
    ⋰⋮ ⋱..._/l\_...⋰⋮ ⋱

• One in a million is a genuine Guru and only by good fortune you are able to meet with him/her... They rest are hocus pocus as they just quote the holy scriptures which you can read yourself.. Many now are posing as Gurus but instead of giving you enlightenment are more interested in how to lighten your pockets...some are just there so they can take top seat so as to control the masses and make innocent people worship them, bow down to them and give denotions to them.
    During this Kali Yuga ending times many sects will form having false leaders or in other words Gurus who know that this is the time when people are most vunerable so are easy to put them under their spell.
    All you need to do is follow three principles: 1 Do no harm to Mother Earth 2 Do no harm to any living entities 3 Lead a displined highly tuned spiritual life.
  • You captured it when you wrote, " The guru must only awaken the real guru in You and Me."  Once that is awakened, the work begins.

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1543

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"‘The food pyramid is a lie that was concocted by the government to hide the rising cost of food including meat and dairy. The WEF continues to push cereal and plant based nutrition.’
https://youtu.be/nJAgnJbm7so?si=r4jB1bzUupazn6sI"
5 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Informative Sheldan Nidle and Galactic Federation of Light videos tons of great information about what's going on on our planet and in our galaxy right now and what happened in our past.
"Sheldan gets into who the Anunnaki are here also talked about is the treaty of Anchara which took place back in 1995 and what it did for this whole galaxy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uos5qcnsWtg"
10 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Sheldan gets into who the Anunnaki are here also talked about is the treaty of Anchara which took place back in 1995 and what it did for this whole galaxy. https://youtu.be/uos5qcnsWtg?si=x_YV2a3sB3o3bmuU"
10 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Informative Sheldan Nidle and Galactic Federation of Light videos tons of great information about what's going on on our planet and in our galaxy right now and what happened in our past.
"Part 2 of what the agenda was and still is of the Dark Cabal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrV15iGKxo&t=604s"
10 hours ago
"Sheldan gets into what the Dark Cabal's agenda was and still is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2R8KCEffGE"
10 hours ago
"Part 2 of what the agenda was and still is of the Dark Cabal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrV15iGKxo&t=604s"
10 hours ago
"Sheldan gets into what the Dark Cabal's agenda was and still is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2R8KCEffGE"
10 hours ago
"Part 2 of Sheldan's talk about the Earth Allies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIsZMnTFFvs"
11 hours ago
More…