Power Of Disengagement

The Power of Disengagement
Playing Mind Games

Rather than being heart based, some have learned to play mind games or go on power trips in the service of their ego.

From: http://www.dailyom.com/cgi-bin/display/printerfriendly.cgi?articleid=24746

For better or worse, many people have been raised to believe that communicating in an honest and open way will not get them what they want. They have learned, instead, to play mind games or go on power trips in the service of their ego’s agenda. People stuck in this outmoded and inefficient style of communication can be trying at best and downright destructive at worst. We may get caught up in thinking we have to play the same games in order to defend ourselves, but that will only lead us deeper into confusion and conflict. The best way to handle people like this is to be clear and honest with them.

As with all relationships and situations in our lives, we must look within for both the source of our difficulties and the solution. Reacting to the situation by getting upset will only entrench us more deeply in the undesirable relationship. Only by disengaging, becoming still, and going within can we begin to see what has hooked us into the mess in the first place. We will most likely find unprocessed emotions that we can finally fully feel and release into the stillness we find in meditation. The more we are able to do this, the less we will be bothered by the other person’s dramas and the more we will be free to respond in a new way. In the light of our new awareness, the situation will untangle itself and we will slowly break free.

Whenever people come into our lives, they have come for a reason, to show us something about ourselves that we have not been able to see. When unhealthy people try to hook us into their patterns with mind games and power trips, we can remind ourselves that we have something to learn here and that a part of us is calling out for healing. This takes the focus off the troubling individual and puts it back on us, giving us the opportunity to change the situation from the inside out.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GREAT ~ GREAT ~ POINT ~ Thanks Katt !!!
    This is why I feel it is so great to have some back and forth discussion about certain topic as we can help each other to reMemeber what ALL of US know just forgot and This ONE IS
    a Major Problem For ALL Many of US I think !!! :)))
    :P) ....LOL....I agree and LOVE THIS what You shared :
    "In fact if I'm not careful, me addressing their negativity can turn into judgment and a false sense of awareness in me by giving me the illusion of elevation by putting them down in some way based on their actions. Trapping me in my own ego. Instead of what I really want which is the compassionate desire to raise awareness and growth in both self and other. First I feel I find I must bring myself to a place of positive acceptance before I can help myself, or another, move forward into a more positive place."
    Sooooooooooooooooo TRUE !!! Thanks For this share as THis was an AHA moment for me just NOW ~ I use to and still sometimes ~ still slip into this coma dose...ha ha....well NOT funny at the time when it happens ! :(
    This is an On Going work withIn all of us and that is Why I feel it is so nice to allways Have Compassion for self and Others ~ there is always room for imporvement in some areas for all of us BUT in some ways We are ALL Prrrrfect too ~ the usual 3D paradox.
    Thanks Katt ~ truly enJoyed your input and share ~ Love and Namaste !
      • Thanks Meg :)

• Thanks SHelly ~ I really Enjoyed your post about the Narcisistic relationships ~ GOD KNOWS ~ I had my share of those PainFULL RelationShips....Ouch Ouch !!
      It is good to bring greater Awareness to each other how best to handle those difficult ones ~ Love and Blessings to Us ALL ~ May We all feel Loved Empowered and In Full Peace !!!
      That is My Wish For ALL SENTIENT BEings ~ To End the Suffering for ALL !!!
      ~ Namaste ~
    • Yes it is a great reMinder Thanks Katt ~ as it is sooo easy to forget this Truth .....and then slip into a mild comma with the Ones who have NOT Waken Up yet ..... :)
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Love & Joy posted a discussion
   Don't Give Away Your Divine Power of Love & JoyBy Steven Hutchinson...Be joyful when you face trouble, be cheerful when you go through hard times?!?That may not make any sense to you until you realize and experience that when you lose your joy -…
37 minutes ago
RichRaelian liked AlternateEarth's discussion 37 Underground Cities
11 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"✌🏻✡️Palestinian propagandists in Gaza, EXPOSED.......🤫Of course, as everyone here knows, I'm backing Israel in this conflict, but truly, those who back Hamas and the Gazan propagandists, must have ideologically illogical blinkers, pressed over their…"
14 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
The Khazarian mafia is planning a holocaust or mass murder event for the US Christian heartland on April 8th. The entire April 8th solar eclipse event has been forensically traced to the (kill 90% of humanity and enslave the rest) Chabad death…
14 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Good video that Drekx posted on the comment wall so bringing it over to the health page. This gets into the dangers of Seed Oils. https://youtu.be/hTYTC62RCqM?si=q3WpPChIQlUnhHEW"
17 hours ago
"Thanks friend much appreciated :)"
17 hours ago
More…