Love and Obsession...

Is Love and Obsession the same thing? or does Love lead to Obsession? many people say they love someone but they don't mean it, they only say it because they feel they're expected to, so this may be the reason why it is difficult to say what Love is, or what it does to people...

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Most human beings confuse Love with attachment. That is they become attached to the object of their love. Love is not attachment, love is always free and without demands, conditions or expectations. Obsession on the other hand is a form of attachment. Love has nothing to do with obsession. When you truly love someone you do not need to cling to them or be attached to them. Genuine love means that you will always feel love for the person no matter where they are or where they go, and you wish for their highest happiness, even if that means you are apart from them. Yes people who truly love may be alone, but that is because they have no need to cling to others for emotional gratification. They experience love in every moment of every day, because it is in everything and everyone, it is everywhere and there is no need to grasp after it. There is no separation in this vibration. There is no other. There no ego. Only and endless ocean of love. Most relationships are based on desirous attachment. Love is where you accept everything and everyone for what it is, and can be one with anything that exists, because in actuality you share the same heart. There is no need therefore to possess, control, make demands or have expectations, because you feel one with the Love that is in everything without limitation. Love frees you therefore, it does not bind you to any person or any thing.

Having said all that, Love mixed with attachment is not necessarily a bad thing. It is a learning experience, and in some cases can be beneficial for all involved. Obsession on the other hand, always leads to a bad place, one way or another.

• I found something that I thought was interesting... http://intro2psych.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/love-obsession-and-chem...

If one is romantically attached to the mother, one will be more likely to hunt for both the mother and the child. The obsessive nature of love that...

and it stops there because my school blocked the website, but it makes me think that a man in love and obsessed with a woman will risk his life to hunt for food and protect her from harm, he would feel the need to do whatever it takes to do this, but If a man says he "Loves" a woman, but is not really obsessed with her, he would hesitate, and he wouldn't feel the survival instincts as strongly....

•  I guess that depends on how much you "love" this person or thing. For example; I love the color Blue, but I don't paint my house blue, or my rooms or buy everything "blue". Therefore, I love blue but am not obsessed with it.

• but if you love someone or something enough, wouldn't you be obsessed with them or it? or is Love now the same thing as hate, or indifference...?

•  Hmm, well it's a bit confusing to compare Love and Hate as being the same for to me, they are worlds apart. Let me give you another example. My wife and I have been married for almost 36 years. We have "loved" each other since day one. Through the good and the bad. We are almost like opposites (hence the saying "opposites attract"). 

Now, if I followed her around everywhere, sent her a text every 5 minutes, bought her flowers every day, even she and others may say I am "obsessed". Even though I do not do these things she and others around us know that we "love" each other. Now this is my own personal opinion, I feel obsession is very close to Idolization.

Just my thought Brother

• ob·ses·sion/əbˈseSHən/

Noun:
          1. The state of being obsessed with someone or something.
          2. An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

love (lubreve.gifv)

n.
          1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
          2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
          a. Sexual passion.
          b. Sexual intercourse.
          c. A love affair.
          4. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
          5. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
          6. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
          a. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
          b. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
          8. Love Mythology Eros or Cupid.
          9. often Love Christianity Charity.
          10. Sports A zero score in tennis.
          v. loved, lov·ing, loves
          v.tr.
          1. To have a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward (a person): We love our parents. I love my friends.
          2. To have a feeling of intense desire and attraction toward (a person).
          3. To have an intense emotional attachment to: loves his house.
          a. To embrace or caress.
          b. To have sexual intercourse with.
          5. To like or desire enthusiastically: loves swimming.
          6. Theology To have charity for.
          7. To thrive on; need: The cactus loves hot, dry air.
          v.intr.
          To experience deep affection or intense desire for another.

Idioms:

for love
          Out of compassion; with no thought for a reward: She volunteers at the hospital for love.
          for love or money
          Under any circumstances. Usually used in negative sentences: I would not do that for love or money.
          for the love of
          For the sake of; in consideration for: did it all for the love of praise.
          in love
          1. Deeply or passionately enamored: a young couple in love.
          2. Highly or immoderately fond: in love with Japanese painting; in love with the sound of her own voice.
          no love lost
          No affection; animosity
          Synonyms: love, affection, devotion, fondness, infatuation These nouns denote feelings of warm personal attachment or strong attraction to another person. Love is the most intense: marrying for love. Affection is a less ardent and more unvarying feeling of tender regard: parental affection. Devotion is earnest, affectionate dedication and implies selflessness: teachers admired for their devotion to children. Fondness is strong liking or affection: a fondness for small animals. Infatuation is foolish or extravagant attraction, often of short duration: lovers blinded to their differences by their mutual infatuation.
          •  Well, there you go my brother. It appears you have found the answer :) A short definition for "obsessed" and many definitions for "love". I can't help but notice however that out of all the definitions for "love" the word "obsessed" is not mentioned.

Love and Light

• but I did find:

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person,  such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a  sense of underlying oneness.

An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured  object.
              5. A person who is the object of deep or intense  affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.

To like or desire enthusiastically

A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is  disposed to make a pair
              and The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.

which sound like the same definition of obsession, at least to me anyway

• ..they are 2 complete different things... Love is Allowing.... Obsession is Controlling....

• you say Love is Allowing, but let's say you've been in a relationship for a long time, and for some reason the other person decides to leave you... you say "I love this person, so I'll allow them to leave" well you must not have loved them very much then... :P

another thing is if someone is obsessed with someone, wouldn't they want to do things so the person they're obsessed with would want to spend as much time as possible with them? they might know that being controlling would drive the person away, so they can decide to not be controlling and still be obsessed with the person

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1542

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"The UK's Rwanda plan seems to be deterring illegal migrants from staying in the country, as now, since the Parliamentary vote for Rwanda exile, 80% of Irish republic migrants, are now flooding into their country from Ulster.....

So basically, the…"
48 minutes ago
Drekx Omega commented on Drekx Omega's blog post One Rebel Star Should Fall From The EU Flag's Circular Constellation and Rise Anew With Greater and Brighter Light
"The UK's Rwanda plan seems to be deterring illegal migrants from staying in the country, as now, since the Parliamentary vote for Rwanda exile, 80% of Irish republic migrants, are now flooding into their country from Ulster.....

So basically, the…"
58 minutes ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
   A Gift To Transcend The Chaos In Our LifeBy Patricia Cota-Robles As we assimilate higher and higher frequencies of God’s Infinite Light everything that conflicts with that Light is being pushed to the surface to be Transmuted back into its…
2 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
   Awakening Manifestation By Archangel Metatron With Natalie Glasson Greetings and love I, Archangel Metatron, extend to your being now. I come forth with the love of the Angelic Kingdom. I come forth with the love of the Creator. These I share…
4 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
 Lichtweltverlag  .Beloved people,in the love of GOD man is perfected and in the love of GOD the world is perfected. Everything is through the love of GOD and everything serves the love of GOD. Everything is connected in a unique way in the love of…
12 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
Greetings to You! From heart to heart in this moment we speak, I am Kejraj!The disturbances in the matrix will continue, with each wave of light, its foundation will be more shaken.The barely operational system now is not meant to be saved. Fighting…
13 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Music for your soul.
"A cool remix of the classic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3sd-vBUXw"
16 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Hehe...!! Bless you friend...👍🏻"
16 hours ago
More…