I have been a vegetarian now for near on 10 years and have always had rescue pets.  I went through a stage where I would buy them veggie pet food but this often had to be supplemented with various vitamins etc.. They did not thrive either on this diet and eventually had to go back to meat which I believe is what they are naturally supposed to eat.

If you look at nature and animals in the wild it is how many of them survive, even birds eat worms etc, fish eat other fish and so fourth.  I can except that we as humans can survive on a veggie or vegan diet but as for animals it is a different story.  I feed my animals a raw meat diet as this is how they would eat again in there natural environment.

If there was realistically another way I would consider it but mother nature is my teacher on this one and while animals that are meat eating are this way it's not really up to me to say I disagree with mother nature.  Just wondering what others think on this as I have read posts saying we are all veggie including animals and were never supposed to eat meat.  Then I have read about how enlightened birds are yet they still eat worms etc.. To me a worm or chicken if it moves and has a pulse it is alive and there is no difference.

Just wondering what others views are on this especially veggie's with pets, what do you feed them?

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know I know :( still makes me sad but thanks I can't even watch nature programs my heart splits in two always has since a child yet I'm also a feisty head strong woman lol irony in that :D

• In response to my own "circle of life" comment, for yous:

http://youtu.be/HwSKkKrUzUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk

• Love that film and the song never fails to make my hairs stand up beautiful :D
          • I can't watch "animal cops" anymore because of that. I started watching them back in 2005, watched episodes for a whole week... and for a whole week I was in tears. Nothing but tears. Every day tears. Went to bed with a teary face and woke up with the aftermath of having cried all day previously. Finally, I decided it's unwise to continue watching that show and shows like it. And I haven't since.

• I know it's horrible I know what goes on but I focus on what I want changed and try and stay away from grusume stories as they stay with me for a long time...
  • I was reading the other day how people have healed their pets of ailments, when put on a full raw food diet.

I give my dog raw meat plus some cooked rice (white & Brown combined) for brekky, then she gets organic salad (snack) during the day when I eat my salad lunch, then a banana smoothie at night (made from rice milk, banana and 2 dollops of yogurt for intestinal balance). The smoothie is to help reduce her milk intake a bit and put her on a more fluid diet.  I see no harm in it.

But my cat I give raw meat in mornings, then a tin of chicken or tuna at night.  Don't like the tinned stuff but I can't imagine constantly feeding them raw meat all the time.  

My pets are old so I'm doing the best I can.

I'd rather not have meat in the house and I have wondered this question myself about the food-chain.  Guess in the natural world, they would be eating meat/ fish/ chicken.

• Hi Butterfly :) yes raw food is what I have started given my pets.  My sister has an online shop called Raw2Door as she has done much research into it.  The reason they have it raw is to keep the enzymes like Two Feather says a bit like why we should.  It is better than the industrial rubbish they feed our pets not a moments thought goes into what they put into the tins.  There's only one thing on the mass producers mind and that is money.  

He still has veg and things when we do but at separate times as their body needs a few hours in-between   To be fair he loves it and one of more sickly cats who's always been weaker seemed to know it was better for her and wouldn't touch the other stuff I still had left while swapping them.  Same if I could not have meat in the house I wouldn't but while I have pets I have to.  We domesticated them we have to provide.

• You are spot on Butterfly. Raw is what they should be eating. Only feed them what's natural. Even humans can benefit from a raw food diet. Naturally animals hunt prey, such as when cats kill birds and mice, it's their inbuilt predatory nature. If I let my huskies out they would be feasting on the locals chickens!! We are vegetarian and I only keep raw meat for my dogs. I see people try to feed their dogs the dry food from the shops and they wonder why half the time their pets don't want to eat it. Stick with what's natural just as we do for ourselves.

• Good sound judgement Two Feather we have to look at the way all species live in their natural environment not just us and try and do our best for them too no matter how much we may disagree or dislike it. Thanks :)

• good question............lets consider this ~......you make a bowl of sprouts, banana, greens, peppers mixed with ? maybe some rice and/or cooked potatoes, sprinkle a hand full of commercial pet food. Many times teach your pet to eat of your hand : animals do enjoy fruits and veggies~they eat them in the wild.............................

......many home pets will refuse a change  to eat this way,but I am sure that they'll break and try the new diet..............and it feels good.

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1550

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 748

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"The sicko CCP do not want you to see this video.....So watch it and learn truth, before it's airbrushed completely.....
Crazy, crazy, Red Chinese authorities...🐉

Bless the Chinese people and parents of those unfortunate kids...🎕⚱️…"
4 hours ago
"One always wonders why feminists on the left, support "Palestine" and the Hamas haters of women...A dichotomy of beliefs...To side with Islamist terrorists, who hate women, in particular, especially jewish and christian women, it would appear, seems…"
5 hours ago
"Actually I find it most moving, to see those images of beautiful, vibrant, young Israeli women, in their twenties, such as Shani Louk & Amit Buskila.....Enjoying the fun of life and dancing at a music festival, in southern Israel. Looking so…"
6 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Good job here by Ron DeSantis with this bill that bans lab grown meat. At least we have some good leaders here. https://youtu.be/yfKLHGyiYRI?si=1TfMKCd_bKlxjA4b"
6 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Good job here by Ron DeSantis with this bill that bans lab grown meat. At least we have some good leaders here. https://youtu.be/yfKLHGyiYRI?si=1TfMKCd_bKlxjA4b"
6 hours ago
"A reminder to all those pro-Hamas monsters, the bodies of three Israeli and innocent hostages, were found and confirmed...Shani Louk, Amit Buskila and Itzhak Gelerenter......

Uri Geller speaks out on GB news, about these notorious matters.

Well…"
6 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Got a lot going on in this video. More illegal immigrants and Joe Biden continues to be stupid as does New York Mayor Eric Adams. The madness continues lol. https://youtu.be/uvfWutlcm5E?si=dDp8fL2zimMy3MmZ"
6 hours ago
"Unlike Biden, the UK government still sends arms to Israel and rightly so:

Rafah falls to Israel and the operation's victory over tunnel rats, those evil Hamas militants, exposes an Iranian plot, to create a new government, in Gaza, which would…"
7 hours ago
More…