Have started on the Raw Food Diet

I've just started the wonderful Raw Food Diet.

Have given up some major vices and am looking forward to eating this wonderful food.  I wish I had started sooner but I wasn't really ready.  But I've felt a calling for this diet, as well as for higher consciousness.

Would anyone else like to share their story?

I'm also interested in why yogurt is not really part of this diet.  This is probably the last one I'm having to give up (but I love yogurt). It takes getting used to.

Butterfly

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Butterfly! I think it is great that you have answered the call to improve your health and raise your consciousness! It can be challenging to change, but once we change our old habits by replacing them with new, healthier, habits and start to feel really, really good and energized, we find that we don't miss our old ways of being and doing at least that is what I have found to be true.  I used to eat a lot of prepared food, GMO fast food, and too many sweets. When I first started to make the change years ago, naturally I had some craving for the chemical ridden, fast foods and sugar, but after just a few weeks on an ALL organic, low sugar diet I not only stopped craving the junk food, but I actually started to feel sick from just smelling it! ie. Mac Donalds, Duncan Donuts etc. I increased my activity and spent more time out doors and started to feel good. After I went vegetarian in 2009, I felt even better. I still eat some fish once in a while, but have given up eating meat.  The only time I eat a little red meat (Lamb) is if I feel that I am vitamin b deficent. Maybe once a year. I am still trying to get the right balance of vitamins and minerals in my diet. I decided to incorporate morte raw food in my diet as we get the most vitamins and minerals from raw fruits and veggies.  I eat mostly salad, raw fruit and veggies, Quinoa, some lightly, stir fred veggies, yogurt, rice noodles, etc. ... As for yogurt not being on the raw food diet, I guess it isn't considered to be a RAW food as it is a somewhat processed food that comes from an animal. Generally, (to my knowledge) Raw foods are anything grown from Mother Earth and unprocessed.  If you love yogurt then continue to eat it. Yogurt is good for you. You need calcium and the probiotic benefits. We need not give up everything we like. :)

• Thanks Sirian

Yeah it's amazing how clean you feel on this diet, and the bonus of not washing up any greasy pots and pans (ewww).

Can't you get some B12 from Yeast flakes sprinkled over your salad?

Yes there's plenty to eat.  You don't feel deprived on this diet, that's for sure!

• This reply was deleted.
    • hi Natureboy

Thanks for that.

I'm into week 3 now of the 'lifestyle' driven mostly by the 'high' I'm feeling.  I think I'm driven to keep going with it. Taking all the things that you mention. 

I guess I'm slowly eliminating yogurt.

How come you couldn't go past 4 weeks?

Butterfly

• Wow, 600 acres!  That's amazing! 

That's good that you haven't caught a cold or flu for so long. You must be doing something very right.

I think the raw food diet takes lots of time in preparation, and keeps you in the kitchen. But the benefits are too good

• Wow! That is awesome Natureboy! Thank you for sharing that info with us! I have been having some difficulty getting enough b12 and iron lately. I guess I have not been eating a big enough variety. I too combine raw with cooked veggies.  I don't have a juicer, but I am looking forward to expanding the variety in my diet. Thank you again! NAMASTE ♥ 

• sleep ~?~...........I know raw foodies who stay up all night and sleep all day and vice~versa..................I go to sleep , everyday around 9pm. and wake up at 3 or 4am next day................got to find what works for you..............I believe in good and nice rest after the day or night............................ ....and I can imagine that detox could be challenging..............raw mind over raw body..............

• Thanks Esseya

Goodness, I don't want to stay up all night. I like my normal sleep cycle routine.

3-4am isn't bad really.  Beautiful time of the day isn't it!

• Oh to be in a world of full consciousness!  That'd be heaven!

Day 6 and I'm wondering why on Earth I didn't start this sooner.  My addictions are gone, I feel alive, vibrant and am more acutely sensitive, but also sensitive to life, as if I'm connected to everything.  It's like being 'High on Life'.  It's amazing! 

• hug a tree, listen to the birds, maybe a creek running through your consciousness , pet a "animal~friend", eat happy and be in LOVE................

• Thanks guys!

I've been talking to my little sunflower seedlings, kissing and hugging my dog, saying hello to the wildlife (as I do anyway).

Everything is so VIVID, and I'm not on any drugs whatsoever!  I'm hearing the birds this morning, smelling the grasses and plants outside, feeling the sunrise.  This is amazing!

I never knew this was going to be a result of munching and juicing on veges, fruits and nuts (the yogurt is slowly going as I keep educating myself). 

WOW!

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1543

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

AlternateEarth posted a discussion
The New Age Movement begun in the late '70s-80's was attractive to many of us in our 20's because of the dogmatism and bland rituals of the churches-though Christian Churches are great for our society in general.    We wanted to expand spirtually so…
47 seconds ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
"yeah Drexk-very creepy astral denizens walking among us"
22 minutes ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
24 minutes ago
RandyFirstContact liked Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
8 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
  Transforming Doubt By Archangel Metatron With Natalie Glasson Greetings to you beloved beings of light, I am Archangel Metatron. It is a joy to be in your presence today.  I invite you now to acknowledge your own being and body and acknowledge my…
12 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
14 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
14 hours ago
Justin89636 liked Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
15 hours ago
More…