Avoiding deceit in your search for truth

Namaste Crew Members,

As we navigate the sea of information of the world-wide-web, we often cross paths with untruths in the form of cunning deceptions, scams and lies.  These untruths can range from benign, to down right dangerous and enslaving.  As a fellow truth seeker, I strive to share what wisdom my path has distilled upon me in hopes that I may be both of service to others, and corrected when in error.  If what I share bellow resonates with you, please take it upon yourself to learn it for yourself.  If you don't find value in what I have to say, follow your own truth and continue on your path. 

To iterate the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, "The only thing sacred after all is the integrity of ones own mind."  No belief, organization, leader or idea should be so sacred as to not merit careful investigation and scrutiny.  Any and all information you come across should first be verified through careful analysis of the supporting evidence before being accepted as true or worthy of adaptation.  If something is true, it will be substantiated by verifiable evidence, logic, and reason.  As Buddha himself once said, "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, noteven if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense".

One potential problem with much of the New Age genre of information is that it is not always substantiated with hard evidence, leaving us to more or less act on faith in place of logic.  Fortunately we can use the tools of logic, reason, the scientific method and some basic psychology to help us avoid deception.

If something is true, such as the force of gravity, it will be mostly consistent, verifiable, and not require belief in order for it to be true.  It just is.  One thing we have to watch out for is our personal biases.  Is something true because it is self evident and verifiable, or does it only seem true because you believe it is?  Our minds have the capacity to create illusions of truth, where little to none exists.  Just as an example, one might believe they are cursed and made to suffer due to a mishap in a past life.  This person would then look for things in their life that affirms this belief.  Their focus on the bad things that happen to them, while ignoring or rationalizing the good things  enhances this potentially false reality.  However, if they were to perform a less biased review of their life, or even get the opinion of another, they would likely see that they are just average and have the same good/bad experiences as anyone else.  This phenomenon is known as "Confirmation Bias": "It is the peculiar and perpetual errorof the human understanding to be more moved and excited by affirmatives than by
negatives" - Francis Bacon.  For this reason, feelings alone should not be trusted to confirm whether something is true or not.  Feelings and intuition can give us hunches in the right direction, but they should be corroborated with both the physical evidence and the application of logic and reason.

Another psychological phenomenon that can either deter or lead us closer to the truth is cognitive dissonance.  This is the uncomfortable feeling that we may feel when we are presented with new information that contradicts our current beliefs or paradigms.  If we allow this discomfort and anxiety to scare us away from further investigation, we could potentially forgo the opportunity to arrive closer to the truth.  However, if we investigate with the attitude that knowing the truth is more important than remaining comfortable, we can then hope to find out if this new information is closer to the truth than our current paradigm.

One thing that can complicate things is that there are different types of truths as well as differing definitions and adaptations there of.  Laws of nature (physics, mathematics etc) could be considered one type of truth, while metaphysics, spirituality, and psychology would fall under other types.  Some truths are based on facts (2+2=4), while others are more subjective (philosophy, spirituality etc).  If someone is attempting to take advantage of perceived truths, there are some warning signs worth noting to hopefully avoid being deceived:
  • Unreasonable cost for services (is it all about the money?)
  • Devotion, loyalty or worship to the leader
  • Abandonment of family, friends or non-believers
  • Superstitious or magical thinking required (goes against logic, reason or science)
  • Contradicts verifiable evidence or witnesses
  • Questioning or further investigation is discouraged (faith only etc)
  • Contradicts intuition or gut feelings (follow your hunches through to further investigation)
One last item worth mentioning is the potency and subtlety of mind control/thought reform.  Without knowing the patterns and methods of mind control, we can potentially be converted into dangerous cults, false religions, or into false thinking.  This Wiki will provide a good introduction of Mind Control.

The above represents tidbits of what I have personally experienced and crossed paths with.  Your mileage may very.  You may take it or leave it. 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For those of you interested in reading about a first-hand experience with MK Ultra/mind control, I highly recommend the book Trance-Formation of America, written by an MK Ultra sex slave and the man who rescued and de-programmed her. I warn you.....it's difficult reading, but the results very rewarding. MK Ultra is ugliness in its darkest form. It's not only the African people who experience slavery in the good ole US.
        • You can also find out more about Cathy O'Brien on her website: http://www.trance-formation.com/

I especially like what Mark Phillips once explained to Cathy O'Brien:
          "Good always prevails through positive application, whereas the bad guys are hindered and slowed in their criminal endeavors through having to cover-up their negative actions with lies to support lies. This inevitably allows the truth to emerge."
      • There is indeed many traps on the road in search of truth, but who may have already been said, it's the small good signs in everyday life and the right gut feeling that shows you are on the right track. You should always be on guard.
        • Hello Everyone,
          I like to comment on those view sentences below.
          (There are indeed such things as ET abductions, soul stealing, voodoo abductions, dark forces, black magic (myriad of types), left hand magician, vampirism, sorcery, treachery.
          In the past I have had to clear myself from the energy entanglements of these teachers as well. If a teacher claims that you will lose power or gifts if you leave his/her organization, it is not serving your highest good.)
          I would like to share how you can get rid of those energy suckors.
          Close your eyes and call on Arch Angel Michael, see his sword of pure Light and visualize that he is cutting you free from all psychic energy strings in a clockwise position from top to bottom of your body's aura(Visualize the person you want to cut off). Repeat this visualization as needed until your energy feels light again or you can also visualize big white sissors and see the person you want to cut away yourself from in your third eye, see the psychic string between you two and cut it with the sissors and in a clockwise position around your auric body.
          Happy cutting yourself free from unwanted energy or people that are draining you.
          You can also use sea salt for purification and cutting away negative energy. There is a prayer you can use to pray over the sea salt and then you get a little wooden box stick a picture, hair or a personal belonging from the person that is bothering you in it and cover it up with this sea salt.
          It has amazing instant results......contact me if you choose to use my prayer for salt purification. I will e-mail it to you. Sea salt bathing is also great for clearing energies.
          I personaly cut such teachers away from me. Dont be affraid nothing will happen to you. The way I look at this senario is: If a teacher dont have enough respect, love before a student and abuses, uses them, we have the right to defend ourselfs and cut them off for good. You will see peace will return to you.........................I could not understand why Swami Hariharananda was always affraid of me and accused me of possibly exposing the truth about him, until now. I understand a lot now. I bless you, forgive you and release you is the prayer I use after clearing those energies from my body.
          I am sharing out of my own experiences.
          Love, Light, Peace
          Arisane
        • Great post! Thanks for sharing your truth.

Namaste
    • Yessiree, Shelly, I am in 100% agreement with you on the subject of "charges" for sharing Truth with people. The same goes for copyrights. Excuuuuuse me, but, I am most happy to share any Truth I have "discovered" with anyone who seeks it.......free of charge. Heck!!! I'd be happy if someone would just lend me their ear.

I really get weary of those who "worship the Money God" (my term). I can tell you from my own personal experience, the Creator DOES NOT need money to care for his creations. You know, sometimes I wonder if it's not the "homeless" who have the advantage. If push comes to shove, these people are going to be prepared for the worst, and they may be the ones helping others to survive. I truly hope that what I am feeling is going to happen DOE NOT happen, but, it's a feeling I cannot seem to shake. I feel that things are going to have to get much worse for some in order to wake them. Sometimes ones need a good shaking to awaken from their slumbers. It does make me more and more thankful for what I have and for the Love, peace and harmony in our home, and more and more thankful that I have put so much time and effort into seeking Truth.

I won't mention names, but, there is a well-known "psychic" who charges unbelievable amounts for her services.

I'm beginning to think that, simplistically speaking, we can categorize humans in one of two categories: the materialists and the idealists. I know which one I am.
  • Simple guidelines. You know you are on the right path and HEARING the right 'truths' and not being lead astray when you follow your highest feelings (feelings that contain joy), your highest thought (thought that contains love) and your highest words (words that contain truth). Anything else is not right.
    • I happen to be blessed (?) although sometimes it doesn't "feel" like a blessing, with having a very dominant 3rd Chakra, whose primary function is to discern and hold Truth, which has made me not-so-popular during this Lifestream.

I would like to share with anyone who might be having a problem with discerning Truth from "fiction" an absolutely 100% reliable "test" for discerning Truth from "fiction". Focus your attention on the solar plexus, the location of the 3rd chakra, and tell yourself something you know to be Truth.....it can be your name, your address, or anything that you are absolutely certain of.......watch the "feeling" in your solar plexus.....there should be a feeling of peace, rightness, etc. Then tell yourself something that you KNOW is an absolute lie, and this can be anything you choose. Then watch the "feeling" in the solar plexus. If you are "tuned in" there should be a feeling of static, or what I call a bzzzzzzt feeling. I would suggest practicing this until you really become sensitized to the solar plexus. You've heard, I am sure, "I had a 'gut' feeling about that".....which is the solar plexus or Truth discernment center. This ABSOLUTELY works. Try it....you'll like it.
  • I like to say, if you don't go within, you go with out. As Galileo so boldly stated, "You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself." Thank you for your comment.
    • I Love that quote from Galileo, and I would like to add that our school systems are so messed up because they have teaching methods backwards. Education comes from the Greek root, educo, which means to draw out. Our school systems don't draw out, they cram in.
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1543

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
4 hours ago
AlternateEarth liked Malcolm's blog post BASIC ASTROLOGY TRANSIT ANALYSIS: the death of Rolling Stones founder Brian Jones ... was it "death by misadventure" (per Sussex Police) or manslaughter - murder over 6,000 British pounds?
4 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
Doris Lee (1905-1983) — Schoolyard Maypole Dance, 1946 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/478155685432821898/We are closing out the month of April with more of the same exciting and revealing news that has been the hallmark of 2024 so far and global…
5 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
  You Are The Light Of The World & Co-Creators Of Heaven On Earth By Patricia Cota-Robles This is a powerful moment for the people in the United States of America as well as our Sisters and Brothers around the World. We are being called to a higher…
5 hours ago
RichRaelian posted a status
"Happy Paradism month!"
14 hours ago
Infinity posted a photo in POWER OF PEACE
May we transition with Earth mother in a non-violent and peaceful way.
14 hours ago
Infinity liked rev.joshua skirvin's blog post The Andromedan Council of Light: The New & Different World That’s Coming; Channel: Daniel Scranton.
14 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
15 hours ago
More…