"Vegetarianism functioned as a purification. When you eat animals you are more under the law of necessity. You are heavy, you gravitate more towards the earth. When you are a vegetarian you are light and you are more under the law of grace, under the law of power, and you start gravitating towards the sky. Your food is not just food: it is you. What you eat, you become. If you eat something which ...is fundamentally based on murder, on violence, you cannot rise above the law of necessity. You will remain more or less an animal. The human is born when you start moving above the animals, when you start doing something to yourself which no animal can do. Vegetarianism is a conscious effort, a deliberate effort, to get out of the heaviness that keeps you tethered to the earth so that you can fly -- so that the flight from the alone to the alone becomes possible. The lighter the food, the deeper goes the meditation. The grosser the food, then meditation becomes more and more difficult. I am not saying that meditation is impossible for a non-vegetarian -- it is not impossible, but it is unnecessarily difficult."
~ Osho
Photo: "Vegetarianism functioned as a purification. When you eat animals you are more under the law of necessity. You are heavy, you gravitate more towards the earth. When you are a vegetarian you are light and you are more under the law of grace, under the law of power, and you start gravitating towards the sky. Your food is not just food: it is you. What you eat, you become. If you eat something which ...is fundamentally based on murder, on violence, you cannot rise above the law of necessity. You will remain more or less an animal. The human is born when you start moving above the animals, when you start doing something to yourself which no animal can do. Vegetarianism is a conscious effort, a deliberate effort, to get out of the heaviness that keeps you tethered to the earth so that you can fly -- so that the flight from the alone to the alone becomes possible. The lighter the food, the deeper goes the meditation. The grosser the food, then meditation becomes more and more difficult. I am not saying that meditation is impossible for a non-vegetarian -- it is not impossible, but it is unnecessarily difficult." ~ Osho

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You need to stop thinking you are so much better than meat eaters all living creatures have souls who are you to say plants feel nothing obviously that isn't true or gaia would not be so harmed by our actions and she wouldn't need to buck the riders so to speak obviously plants have there own threshold of pain to endure so you are just cruel as the meat eaters!

Don't you read the gaia channelings SHE FEELS PAIN JUST AS MUCH AS WE DO!

• It's been proven scientifically that not only can plants experience pain, but just by thinking about putting small flame of a match to one of it's leafs, the plant freaks out. That's how sensitive they are.

This argument that it's ok to eat plants and not animals because it's kinder is flawed scientifically. The argument that it is healthier for us, is also flawed scientifically. And last but not least, the argument that it's kinder on the environment is also flawed scientifically. Has anyone actually checked out what damage soy bean production has done to our planet by vegans and vegetarians trying to get their protein that way?

We live in Duality, and it's about time ppl in the spiritual community expand their awareness beyond this 2dimensional view that killing is wrong. Everything in this dimension feeds off other life forms. From a multi dimensional understanding, there is no death and all beings choose their experiences before incarnation. It's our job to have reverence and gratitude for these beings. Obviously concentration type camps for chickens is not reverence for those beings, or for our own bodies if we consume that suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv4ZMvUSWI

• Plants also feel the pain of OTHER BEINGS. 

Soy beans are not even supposed to be eaten. For thousands of years the chinese used it as a place crop for when a field needs a break from real food.  They NEVER ate it because it is poisonous.  The only way soy can be consumed is when it is fermented. ROTTEN. 

• I think there is definitely something to be said for giving up meat, first I stopped eating Red Meat (Beef) back in '93 and then stopped eating all other meats by 1995.  With everything we can "give up" (sometimes) you gain something much greater in return.

All that being said though, there are very good people I know that do eat meat and have good hearts, but I totally understand the perspective of where you're coming from but it's not for any of us to "force" our will on another.  Each person has to do things when they feel comfortable.  I do eat Seafood now, but I'll never eat Red Meat or other meats other than Seafood.

I've thought of going back to Vegetarian/Vegan and even trying Raw food as a way to cleanse, I have no problem using my will to do what's necessary to cleanse and purify my Spirit.  But I do feel better when eating "Seafood" than fake veggie meat, like Veggie Burgers, fake chicken nuggets etc... It has too Gluten and that digests horribly in my Body.

• When Christ walked the earth, he ate meat. Hitler was a vegetarian. This debate over meat being non spiritual is silly.

We need animals for ultimate health. We should respect their role and treat them with reverence. That means pasture raised with no hormones or poisons. Totally natural. Vegetarianism was created by monks to suppress sexuality for it's effects on the hormones. It made it easier to live the monastic life. However it's unatural for our bodies long term. Animals aren't some low life to be ashamed of. Saying 'you remain less than an animal' is very egoistic and comes from a position of imagined superiority and ignorance. There is only One Being, in service to itself. Life giving life to Life in countless forms. Plants, insects, microbes, animals etc. 

Once upon a time I believed this vegetarian propaganda and repeated it to others self righteously like you do. Never would I have imagined that 16yrs later on this spiritual path, that I'd see eating meat as inclusive to the spiritual life. So many cultures who were in tune with Life, ate meat. The American Indian culture is a great example - even tho only one of many. So much wisdom from a people totally in harmony with their land and the 'Great Spirit'.

If you're going to choose the vegetarian life, that's great for you. Plz refrain from telling others that their choice of diet is non spiritual as it's simply not true

• Hitler was not vegetarian but had many vegetarian meals made for him....................

• Hey there :) 

all what you say is good, what ever you choose its your choice.. live the way you like and suite you. only one thing 
      Hitler was not vegetarian...its a made up about him, if you do more research you will find out :P 

namaste

• Peace :)

• hehe, fruits is a result for you and animals to consume, you don't eat the tree or plant.. eating the fruit doesn't kill the plant ;) 

English is not my native language, i hope you understand what i mean :P nice photo

• I was just about to write that, i mean why eat plants are they not living to?

When we pick them out of the ground they as well will be killed in violence so how is this different then eating meat?

I say though i never eat Halan meat, they way the muslim kill the animal is just painfull, i mean they slice they throat and leave them to die, so that's about a 1 min where they suffer :-(

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1544

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 commented on Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
"Good blog here Drekx :) some of what you talked about was not mentioned in the Your Galactic Neighbors book by Sheldan that I'm reading again so it's good to see new info available."
10 minutes ago
RandyFirstContact commented on Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
"Great info Drekx! So I am trying to understand how the Great Blue Light is utilized after it is received, down-stepped, and then distributed.

So let's take our planet as an example. After the Great Blue Light is received by Shamballa, how is that…"
39 minutes ago
Agarther Z replied to AlternateEarth's discussion A Question For ACC Members-How old Are You?
"I'm 46 AlternateEarth and you are right, I was always kind of interested in Religion but the spiritual awakening I had in my early 20s :)"
2 hours ago
Agarther Z commented on Drekx Omega's blog post The Galaxy is Alive and Has a Will, Heart and a Mind
"I think when we understand the truth of how the Milky Way on a spiritual level functions, we can learn a lot about ourselves because these terms (will, heart and mind etc.) are not mere philosophical terms but reality and way beyond that what the…"
2 hours ago
motherbg liked rev.joshua skirvin's blog post Mike Quinsey’s Higher Self: Expected Events
3 hours ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
5 hours ago
AlternateEarth replied to AlternateEarth's discussion A Question For ACC Members-How old Are You?
"I'm in my 60's and and I'm grateful to my guides and Light Masters for walking with me so far-long way to go to 5th Octave ascension."
5 hours ago
AlternateEarth posted a discussion
The New Age Movement begun in the late '70s-80's was attractive to many of us in our 20's because of the dogmatism and bland rituals of the churches-though Christian Churches are great for our society in general.    We wanted to expand spirtually so…
5 hours ago
More…