Before I elaborate on my question, allow me to introduce myself. If you take a look at my profile, you can get a glimpse of what I am about. I am probably one of the few dissenting points of view on this website. I am an atheist, skeptic, and overall critic of any claims of the "supernatural" or "spiritual". As stated on my profile, my reason for being here is that it is part of an ongoing project of mine to explore different different faiths and different belief systems. I am active on many other forum websites. Much like the evolutionary tree of life that branches out in all different directions which produces all of the extant as well as extinct species on our planet, human irrationality and mental dysfunction produce delusional thought patterns that do the same. The delusions that humans invent branch out into different factions. By studying different view points, I hope to get a better understanding of what the environmental pressures are that drive people into different competing irrationalities and to learn more about the common threads that drive them. 

It needs to be said that when I refer to "delusional thought patterns" and "mental dysfunction" I am referring to ANYONE who believes in life after death scenarios, a "higher power" that created the universe, or anything that people commonly refer to as "spiritual" or "supernatural". If anyone reading my post get offended, don't feel bad, because by no means did I come on this website to pick on you guys only as the vast majority of humanity is no different from you. 

Ok, now with the intro out of the way, let's get down to the question. Like many new age philosophies, the beliefs of this website tend to be vague and not as well defined as a religion like say, Christianity or Islam. But from reading on this site and other new age sites and also watching some of the videos from this Ben Arion fellow who it looks like runs this site, I can suppose that most of you people share these beliefs in common, not only amongst yourselves but with many other faiths. 

1. You believe in a supreme being of some kind, a "god" that created the universe and all life.

2. You believe that life continues for each organism after it dies and that it takes on the form of a "spirit" or "ghost".

3. You believe in a punishment or reward that is administered by a "god" for doing "good" or "bad" deeds in life.

4. You believe in the infallibility and supremacy of the human species. From what I have read about "ascension" and the so called "galactic federation" ( which isn't a lot, but I get the gist of what they mean ) humans must have a very special on planet earth since they are the only ones intelligent enough to accomplish such feats. 

5. You believe that UFO sightings are evidence of advanced extraterrestrial beings visiting planet earth.

6. Last, and anything but least, you, like almost every other faith, believe that YOU are the "enlightened" ones who possess the "truth". 

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think I am pretty accurate in assessing your world views. Now I am not going to spend time on this post deconstructing each delusion. I will probably save those for future posts if I decide to post actively on this website. But I have a challenge for you the reader. Try to imagine a world in which everything else is the same, but your beliefs turned out to be nothing but delusions that are the product of your minds. My question is, why do you think you would believe such things if it turned out they were not true?

Theists ask me all the time what if there is a god, why would you reject him/her? Well the answer to that question is very simple. I simply wasn't given enough evidence to accept claims of the supernatural. Given the track record of supernatural beliefs and how they are debunked more and more by the scientific method when things thought to be supernatural in the past, such as thunder being the wrath of the gods and rainbows being produced by "supernatural"means, I simply had no good reason to accept claims of the supernatural and also no reason to think that claims of the supernatural would ever be true. So I would not feel stupid for having rejected supernatural claims even if I was shown solid evidence that it was true because I simply responded to the claims in the best way that I thought to at the time considering what I had to work with. Regardless of whether supernatural claims are true or not, atheism is the correct stance to take, at least until there is solid evidence to support the existence of the supernatural ( which I am very confident I will never see ).

The answer for why someone does not accept something as true is a pretty easy one to answer. However, the answer for why someone would believe something is true when it is not is far more complex and most people who hold something as true generally don't like to entertain, what is in their minds, a hypothetical that threatens their world view. I have asked the same question in real life to many Christians that I know and I almost never get a straight answer. I suspect they don't want to entertain the idea that there is no god or afterlife scenario because then they would have to admit to certain things that expose their belief system as being motivated by ideology and meaningless happenstances and not evidence. EG that belief in life after death is simply a coping mechanism for the fate that awaits every living thing after it dies, the experience of nothingness for all the rest of eternity (just the same state you were in before you were conceived of in you mother's womb) that Christian beliefs are arbitrarily passed down to you from the environment that you just happen to grow up in, etc.  

I posed this same question on a Christian forum website more than 2 days ago and so far have received no response. If there are any brave souls out there who want to take my challenge, I would love to hear from you. 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We must listen to the inner cosmos inside of us through the practice of daily meditation.  To silence the ego we must learn to sit in stillness and silence.  

The brain is a receiver much like a radio tuning into high frequencies.  I share much of the same mental channels as the pleiadians and sirians because many of my past lives were from those realms.  

• "To silence the ego we must learn to sit in stillness and silence."

What?

The only way to kill the ego (or at least the BEST way) is to expose it to truths that denies the ego's own internal logic and forces it to re-evaluate it's convictions. You also need to have the WILL to extinguish the ego a well as a decisive resolve.

PS. sorry for "stalking" you, but after your "outrageous" ;) post in the giles thread I simply had to look at all other things you've posted as well. :)

• why even consider this a ‘challenge’???  sounds like someone who wants to argue..or disagree to me~  what i like best on this site is that we can all agree to disagree..respond or not..whatever~  HI Y’ALL..SENDING LOVE WITHOUT CONDITIONS~   jsb

• It happened to me a few times. Each time, I thought my epiphany explained how the world may be wired backstage a lot more accurately so I never considered looking back. I've never been one for clinging to particular beliefs for the sake of it.

• Holy Shit ~!~

This discussion had turned very ugly full of judgments, almost name calling and very confrontational.....................

CHILDREN~re~read this forum from the beginning and see what I mean. Simple opinions of GCcollector have been used to argue ridiculuous points and fully lower energies of human consciousness.

It almost feels like posting our own opinions about spirituality and believes becomes a target to ridicule and critisize by usual trolls. And yet many more are drawn into cofrontations like a sheep.

If you don't want to be aggravated by comments of others, do not respond to their deceptive means.

this post's author asked good questions yet had no real answers and help, possibly, rather everyone got into silly, pointless conversation of finger pointing.

...........................................................ps. if you want for "ONE" to stop bothering "you" don't respond to him/or her/i don't know.

Now, as spiritual is concerned and intended in the post above, I can attest to its reality. it's within me, in my heart, in my feeling body, in my thinking cap. it is achieved by certain practices of thought, word and action. there are many doors that can be opened with discipline of self.

as supernatural question goes, I can again tell ya that it is real, all around us, in every molecular structure that Universe is made of .
     Just becouse it can't be explained by religions , science or any Age movement it does not mean that it is not real. It is real for those who are in touch/tune with energies of mother earth and Cosmic Conscioousness.

• The only ones "bothered" by me are ones who delude themselves into believing obvious lies.

• When you say something like "the path to ascension is through meditation and faith" you are telling people how to do their thing.

If you say it this way, "for me meditation opened up paths and experiences" you are telling of your experience and not laying down a command to be followed.

Like this.  The path to heaven is through the lord jesus, vs I found my way to god through jesus

See the difference?  One is a dictation, a law, a command, the other is a sharing of experience.  Very different, one of those illicits a desire to converse and question and learn, how did you find your way what was it like etc.  The other is a command and anyone who lives from their heart with freewill open and running smoothly will or should automatically reject the first command type statement as this denies freewill and comes across with the "do this or else" dictation that we need to leave in the past with religions and corrupt systems.

• I am not athiest and your judgment of another based upon the need for correct presentation as such is pretty sad.

If you do not understand the difference between Do what I say, and could you please do this, then you need to go back to kindergarten.

• Very much so.  How you present your thoughts and beliefs is probably more important than the belief itself right now for humanity, because there is so much loyalty to certain ideaologies, if we are trying to share and explain things it is required to have great care in the presentation.

This is evident in our daily lives as well.  When your spouse says "go do whatever" if they had instead said " hey I think it would be great if you whatevered while I work on this and then we have more time later".

Totally different feelings but essentially the same thing.  That honey take out the garbage request can come off very differently just by how it is said.  The same goes when presenting our beliefs, especially beliefs that are still not proven.  So many of the comments I respond to are simply because the person didnt say "I believe" and instead say their unprovable unknowable "fact" is proven.

There are many things we believe that happen, however the causes are still unknown for so many of them.  a short example to wrap this up would be poltergeists, many wil tout their certainty that poltergeist activity is from angry spirits or negative energies, some say demons, others say playful spirits.  The holographic universe book which details physicists theory on the holographic universe, which doesnt say the univers is a hologram by the way, mentions a great theory about poltergeists that they are caused by the living person, they are tapping into "source" for lack of space for better explanation.  The geist follows the person because it is the person acessing the energies of the universe and is unable to keep it under control.  There are many things which no one can deny happened, however we must accept when we do not know the cause, and knwing in your heart something usually is not enough.  NDE's are great example here, everyone sees their own god's or family etc, it cannot be each god there or whatever waiting when death happens, so the theory that it is a being which appears as you need to see it for comfort, seems to suit the requirements of the various experiences, however we dont KNOW whats happeneing then.  know know, i dont mean know from experience i mean science in a book experimented and proven and accepted common taught to everyone knowledge.  we found electricity is NOT magic fairies with lightning bolts or whatever other silly theories there were about it, no one denied the shocks, but they worked to find out why electric happens, and they did.  No one is denying anyone the right of their experience, what we need to be clear on is that we dont really know why YET, we will, some of you may be right, some of you MAY be those first people, or you MAY be the kooks who had the wrong theories, the point is the presentation of the theory or belief is as important if not more than the content of the belief or theory.

• Be assured, friend Feather Winger, we appreciate what you had intended to mean....My advice is to avoid allowing "One" to distract you by his CONTINUAL ATTACKS on Lightworkers...

I would certainly be more present here on these boards and a bigger contributor, if "One" were not a member of ACC...

As Kelly says, this ignorance does not speak for us all....

Thankyou Feather.....we appreciate you...

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1543

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 741

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
"don't stand to close to your ev while super charging
https://www.brighteon.com/948b0ea9-c6db-4f57-8a97-9b69a23ce549"
4 hours ago
AlternateEarth left a comment on Comment Wall
4 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
  The Awakening - By Emmanuel DagherMay Energy Forecast Hi My Friend,It’s always a blessing for me to connect with your brilliant Spirit in this way!The world is shifting more quickly than ever, and people are waking up everywhere. The next phase of…
8 hours ago
RichRaelian liked rev.joshua skirvin's blog post Benjamin Fulford Report: One last battle and the Rockefeller/Hitler branch of the KM will go down.
9 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
16 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
16 hours ago
Love & Joy posted a discussion
   9 Fun Ways To Celebrate Beltane By Melanie BecklerBlessings and Happy May! Are you noticing that right now is a potent time of change within the Earth? I'm not talking so much here about the changes humanity is undergoing now ... Though that…
19 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
The global white hat alliance scored major victories last week in the ongoing secret battle for the planet Earth. Klaus Schwab Rothschild, the Battenbergs (British Royals), Hillary Clinton Rockefeller, Barack Obama Hitler, Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony…
20 hours ago
More…

A basic conclusion is provided at the end for the uninitiated. U.S. Congressman Hale Boggs was a dissenter of Louisiana Governor Huey P. Long. For those who do not know who he was, Huey P. Long was the politician…

Read more…