How does the genuine Hare Krishna Movement feel if you're Gay?

Well first of all lets understand that there are no hard and fast rules for the chanting of Hare Krishna. Chanting the names of God is not an artificial imposition on the mind.
It is a natural state of consciousness..

huggingKrishna.jpg

The Hare Krishna movement is about developing our dormant love for God--- we call him Krishna.

You can't help who you feel attraction to and in the Hare Krishna movement we acknowledge
that there are various types of desires.
Now its true that when Boy George first tried to join the Hare Krishna movement he had rejection. See this article--

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/when-gay-boy-george-was-rejected-to-be-part-of-hare-krishna-movement_100223593.html

But this was a growing pain for the early movement and has progressed to a better more realistic understanding--- Now there is an aspect of the movement called Galva

Gay and Lesbian vaishnava alliance
Here is the link

http://www.galva108.org/

This article explains that there are various types of living beings and gender not just male and female..

Allen Ginsberg was an early member of the movement and he was accepted by the founder AC Bhaktivedanta Swami

prabhupada_ag3.jpg

Conversations Between Srila Prabhupada
and Allen Ginsberg

In his meetings with Allen Ginsberg, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada set the example on how a Vaishnava should receive and interact with people who are openly homosexual. Allen Ginsberg was a famous poet from the “beat generation” of the 1950s. In 1956, he shocked America by publicly celebrating his homosexuality in the highly controversial book Howl. A legal challenge by outraged citizens to have the publication censored proved unsuccessful, and thus, for the first time in the United States, homosexuality was openly and honestly expressed in the public arena.

---------------

The whole premise of the spiritual essence is we are not the material body.
Whatever body we find ourself in we can approach Krishna, simply by chanting the Holy Names.
If you have a bona fide name of God that is all that is required.
Past karma and inclinations are not an impediment.
Of course the purpose of the chanting is to develop unselfish unconditional love. Not just in name but as an actual fact.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have NO hatred blind or otherwise to anyones beliefs, believe me! I just don't understand why people have to follow some guru or teacher, one soul is NO better than another, we ALL originate from THAT ONE SINGLE SUPREME SOURCE of ALL. We ALL came into every incarnation with all the information we ever needed to complete it successfully, all you have to do is look within for your guidance and lessons and once the lessons are learnt you don't have to repeat incarnating here. No-one needs gurus or teachers when they have the best teacher of all......their higher self!!

My lessons are not the same as yours in this incarnation, let's say I have to learn to deal with, for example....jealousy or anger and you don't, then these situations or lessons won't pop up as often for you as they do me, cos even when you've transcended jealousy or anger you will still be tested, but not to the same degree as me, SO I don't see why I should be following a set of rules or life lesson from another being who obviously did not and does not walk MY path. My lessons are personal experiences that I have to work on and there's NO higher being or entity that can do it for me except me, and in saying that, I AM the only "I" in my world! You cannot be the "I" for me and neither can any guru or teacher!

I don't have any problem with what another being believes in, only their soul and higher self can tell them what's true for them.

Answer me this question if you can plz. Why was Boy George not permitted to join the movement? I'm sorry but did not have time to check out the links posted.

• "I just don't understand why people have to follow some guru or teacher, one soul is NO better than another, we ALL originate from THAT ONE SINGLE SUPREME SOURCE of ALL. We ALL came into every incarnation with all the information we ever needed to complete it successfully, all you have to do is look within for your guidance and lessons and once the lessons are learnt you don't have to repeat incarnating here. No-one needs gurus or teachers when they have the best teacher of all......their higher self!"

How does one learn chemistry, or architecture?
              How do we become qualified to receive patients?
              We go to a teacher, an officially recognised educational organisation, a scientist, Dr., whatever, and learn from them. To claim advanced knowledge of a subject, or to pose as qualified to perform surgery or therapy without having studied such knowledge and earning the qualification is dangerous.

Einstein, can you explain to me why you feel spirituality is different?
              The relationship between teacher and student is an aspect of the divine, IMO. Our higher selves converse, share and learn from one another, to a much richer and deeper degree than our current psycho-physical selves. But I believe that interaction can be genuinely reflected here on Earth/3d.

"I reject the teaching of the teacher who taught to reject the teaching of all teachers." -Gary

• If you're gay you can have a partnership with another person of like mind, for the purpose of supporting each other in Krishna Consciousness. And there is no illicit sex . I was under the impression that was what Galva was about--- see link above.
  • When I think of Krishna, I think about the divine connection between the "Divine Feminine & Masculine" energies between two people, that transcends the human form and goes beyond what we feel attracted to in our physical bodies.... :)

• The relationship that Krishna has with His cowherd girlfriends is found in the material world in a perverted form.

In the material realm people are really only interested in their own personal satisfaction, in the spiritual realm it is exactly the opposite. There is no selfishness involved.There is a competition to give as much as they can to the beloved without taking anything back. The idea is that sex is not Love.It is an animal propensity. There are four animal propensities---eating sleeping mating and defending. The problem is can you have a loving relationship with someone without sex? We hear a lot about love love love around in the new age buzz world.

Does that mean you are out to have sex with everyone? Do you love your children does that mean you want to have sex with them?Why do you think that Krishna is having sex with His cowherd girlfriends?  Who says that ?

Who told you that?Its all about love... sex is a passion for some selfish animal gratification, It can be dovetailed in service to the world and society by creating pious holy offspring. Human life is meant to get out of the entanglement of illusion. The desire for sex is the crowning pleasure of the 3 D---its the lower chakra energy.How are you gonna ascend?

What do you think ascention is all about?Its about transcending and going beyond the animal desires.Do you think people hang around in the spiritual realm looking to screw each other?

There are guidelines on how to make progress in spiritual life. If you want no guidance try to make it on your own.

When you say " WE" you're really talking about yourself .

Krishna is not a dictator.

What type of power do you think you have?

--- " People really shouldn't bother"----Bother to do what?

• kl_putana.jpg
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"Thanks Justin, it’s great to see the truth being exposed.👌🏼"
7 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
58 minutes ago
Krishna Kalki replied to Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
"Like I stated before …Beings on this planet spent billions on looking for other planets and trillions on destroying their own planet ..one big danger is nuclear arms which the extraterrestrials are warning us as they have seen beings bestroying…"
1 hour ago
Agarther Z posted a discussion
"Sorry, we didn't know it was invisible." The retired colonel of the Air Force of the SR Yugoslavia, Zoltan Dani, who was at the head of the unit that shot down the American F-117 stealth plane on March 27, 1999, together with his comrades…
1 hour ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
1 hour ago
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
1 hour ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
1 hour ago
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=A6vimHDSrlXiR1lo"
2 hours ago
More…