Ayurvedic Recipes...

Ayurveda teaches that food is the Prana (Life Force), of living beings, and that life is a continual search for food. There is a sanskrit proverb that says - Life Lives off Life, in other words we maintain our own lives consuming other living beings.

Eating is a sacred act, an offering made into the internal digestive fire (read the acids inside the stomach) in much the same way that offerings would be made into external sacrificial fires. We make external offerings to propitiate the cosmic forces that are prevalent in the environment outside of us, while what we eat, becomes an internal offering to propitiate the indwelling spirit of the human form.

Each morsel of food must give up its individual existence and be transmuted so that it can participate in the greater existence of the human body. It is a mystery and a miracle: that which is "NOT YOU" is coverted into a part of you, and hence must nourish the body, mind and spirit.

Therfore cooking should be made a loving art by the cook. Every meal has to be cooked by a happy person, who never forgets to add the most essential ingredient to the food - love. Really!! It works even better than salt or sugar.

Most Ayurvedic Cooking is done in clarified butter (ghee) made from Cow's milk. Cow's milk is used because the water content in the ghee is more than that in the buffalo milk, which has more fat content, thus ghee made from cow milk is easy to digest and keep's your digestive system lubricated.

This discussion thread is essentially going to be a thread to share your favourite ayurvedic recipes... enjoy!

-

with intent,

much love, light and laughter,

Asavari.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• just started a new healthy diet...due to my so called "MS" ...and it feels great! i feel better inside and out...and you really see the difference...every bite i eat...is like nature entering and healing and curing me at the same time...its amazing...i can not imagine going back to the food's i used to eat...healthy eating yoga...and walks with nature and the beautiful sun...amazing healing energies...NO Dr.'s NO meds !!!!
    thank you for this :)
    love light peace happiness success
    ~namaste~
  • Thank you, friend
This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

D1V1NITY replied to lalit's discussion let us share home remdies in Ayurveda Focus Group
"Beautiful discussion!! thank you for starting this.
 I have just recently began a very adamant…"
Oct 27, 2012
lalit replied to Asavari Honavar's discussion The philosophy behind Ayurveda... in Ayurveda Focus Group
"dEAR aSAVARI,
let us share some time tested remedies which would benefit society at large."
Oct 27, 2012
lalit posted a discussion in Ayurveda Focus Group
We, the members of AFG, all know what Ayurveda is, so instead of throwing much light on what…
Oct 27, 2012
ev replied to Asavari Honavar's discussion Ayurvedic Recipes... in Ayurveda Focus Group
"just started a new healthy diet...due to my so called "MS" ...and it feels great! i feel better…"
Aug 23, 2010
zoe replied to Asavari Honavar's discussion Ayurvedic Recipes... in Ayurveda Focus Group
"Thank you, friend"
May 6, 2010
Asavari Honavar posted a discussion in Ayurveda Focus Group
The knowledge of Ayurveda has been passed down to us in texts called the SUTRAS or small phrases…
Mar 1, 2010
Asavari Honavar posted a discussion in Ayurveda Focus Group
Ayurveda teaches that food is the Prana (Life Force), of living beings, and that life is a…
Feb 3, 2010
dolphinjoy1212 replied to Ben-Arion's discussion Basis for Ayurvedic Philosophy in Ayurveda Focus Group
"Yes, Ayurveda really works. I found it about 12 years ago and it helped me balance my energies and…"
Feb 3, 2010
More…