Heavenletter #4779 Be a Freedom-Giver .

God said:

Certainly, you are a contributor to the world, yet you are not the comptroller.

If you come from the idea that the world is a horse, and you must rein it in, you create a tension within yourself.

You take on too much. Yes, it is hard enough to know when to rein yourself in, beloveds.

I am referring to when you are certain you know what others ought to be doing.

Although everyone, including you, is responsible for the world and everyone in it, you are not to take over.

It is not your purpose to know how others should live their lives.

This is not the premise for you to base your life on. Not only would you take on more than you can chew when you want to tell others how they should live their lives, it is not productive.

I am sorry to tell that your well-intended desire to make everything right in the world may be tantamount to meddling.

No one has to live up to your expectations.

No neighbor has to have his front yard look the way you prefer. No one has to raise his children according to your standards.

No head of a country has to make decisions according to your will. It seems to be so easy in the world to know what everyone else should be doing.

You only want to make life better for everyone. Good luck!

It would seem that everyone and his brother know what everyone else should be doing and how they should be doing it.

Everyone knows how to run another’s business when he is not the one doing it.

Sometimes it seems that many of My children have specialized in minding other people’s business.

As a human being, it is not always easy to know when you are helping someone or interfering.

Of course, you mean to help.

If your neighbor doesn’t keep house the way you think she should, it is likely that you don’t keep house the way your neighbor thinks you should either. In any case, usually unasked-for advice falls on deaf ears.

Is there something in your own life that you could attend to?

Dear Ones, mostly, the lesson is Hands Off. Not so often is the lesson Hands On.

Be aware when you are sure you know what others should be doing. Free Will is for yourself, not for the management of others.

If you are an employer or a teacher or a parent, certainly you have some say. A fine way is to inspire.

Ordering may well not bring the result you want.

We come back to the question:
By what divine right do you think others are to handle their lives the way you think they should?

You desire freedom, and everyone else does too.

It was not My intention to make you the critic of the Universe.

I believe I said you were to bless the Universe.

Love others rather than trying to change them. Acceptance goes far.

When your neighbor asks you for help or advice, that may be a different story, but not always.

When your neighbor asks you for advice, that may be a different story, but not always.

Sometimes your neighbor wants your confirmation rather than advice.

Are you aware that not everyone takes My advice either?

Beloveds, it is not for you to force-feed another. It is not your jurisdiction to make choices for others.

Even with Christmas presents, even with all the love in your heart, you may choose a gift for your neighbor that may not be what he would like.

What does it mean to be a good neighbor?

God knows you want to be.

Loving your neighbor as yourself has many dimensions.

You are here on Earth finding out how to love.

Add Comment || Printer friendly version
Permanent Link: http://heavenletters.org/be-a-freedom-giver.html

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Recent Activity

Meindert Arends posted a discussion in The Ascended Masters
God said:Why not be satisfied?Why not be satisfied rather than dissatisfied?Consider that your…
Apr 6, 2014
God said:It takes courage to even be discouraged.Do you see what I mean? You are courageous to be…
Apr 5, 2014
God said: It is not that you owe allegiance to Me and, therefore, must give your allegiance to…
Apr 4, 2014
God said: What if you could nudge your thoughts over to accept that everything that happens is for…
Apr 3, 2014
God said:It is like you, human being that you are, have come into My Life, a welcomed visitor.I am…
Apr 2, 2014
God said:You do not begin to perceive or even conceive the strength you have, the strength you…
Apr 1, 2014
God said:You live life, and you don’t grasp that you imagine it, although, sometimes life does seem…
Mar 31, 2014
God said:In the past I have told you that you are not wonderful to forgive, for you are not…
Mar 30, 2014
More…