8110548887?profile=original

The spiritual Phenomenon called the Divine Mother has always been deeply interesting to spiritual seekers. Known to sages and saints throughout history, it is the Divine Mother whom we in the West address as the Holy Spirit and Mother Nature. In India, Hindus address Her as Shakti, Maya, Kali, and Durga. She is also known as Wisdom, Aum, Amen, the Word of God. By whatever name we refer to Her, She is an actual Entity that exists and can be directly experienced. In this paper, I present a number of conjectures about Her identity based on the recorded experiences of these saints and sages.

The Mother's nature is one of the unfathomable mysteries of life. Nothing can be said about Her directly or positively. Almost everything that can be said of Her must be couched in metaphors; She is described in terms of waves, clouds, lights, fire, voices, music, though She is none of these. I know of no other way to discuss Her than metaphorically.

Her existence preceded language. Therefore it stands to reason that She operates without recourse to or dependence on words. As I am led to believe, no amount of intellectual understanding can substitute for a direct and personal experience of Her.

The subject of the Mother's identity can be very dense. Even arriving at the generalities presented here required the matching of many pieces of a large and complex spiritual puzzle. In the end, all of it must remain guesswork on my part.

If we mean to follow the case as set out here, we will have to suspend disbelief, at least until the full argument has been stated.

Every name used in this essay, unless otherwise stated, is a name by which the Mother has been known to an enlightened master. Towards the end of the essay, a list of these names is given. Because all refer to the same Entity, I could have chosen any one of them as definitive. In fact, I have chosen to follow Sri Ramakrishna's practice and refer to this high power as the "Divine Mother."

If, after finishing this article, you wish to pursue the subject further, the best source to turn to is the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, the recorded conversations of the Mother's greatest devotee. While most sages knew a single facet of the Mother, the Avatar of Dakshineswar scaled the lofty peaks of enlightenment by several routes and displayed a sublime, multi-faceted knowledge of the Mother which offers a standard of comparison for other accounts.

The Mother is neither a female nor a person

To arrive at a notion of the Mother, we must first put aside our anthropocentric ways of thinking and realize that She is not a person, and not a female either, but an agency, a power in the universe which can only be understood as it is.

Avatars and enlightened saints and sages, who refer to the Holy Father and Divine Mother, find themselves in a position of needing to speak about entities which are one at the absolute level of existence and apparently two at the relative. To differentiate between them, they draw upon a metaphor of gender, as Kabir and Lao Tzu illustrate:

Kabir: "The formless Absolute is my Father, and God with form is my Mother." (1)

Lao Tzu: "Nameless indeed is the source of creation [i.e., the Father],
But things have a mother and she has a name." (2)

Both Kabir and Lao Tzu are differentiating between an absolute realm where name and form are not to be found and a relative plane where they are. The former is designated the Father; the latter, the Mother.

However, down through the centuries, using the gender metaphor has given rise to a difficulty. We ordinary people, lacking the knowledge that accompanies enlightenment, project onto these two high powers stereotypes and conclusions, likes and dislikes proper to actual males and females and improper to these genderless sublime entities. The Divine Mother becomes anthropomorphized into a woman, leading us to distort Her true nature and enmeshing us in a web of imprisoning thoughts.

Not a female, the Mother is nonetheless the necessary cause of gender; not a male, the Father is its sufficient cause. Not a person Herself, the Mother is the source of personhood; not a person Himself, the Father is the source of existence itself.

If we truly wish to approach an understanding of Her Nature that may help us realize Her, we must be vigilant against taking the gender metaphor farther than its usefulness permits.

The term “Mother” refers to the relative plane of existence; the term “Father” refers to the absolute

Understanding some basic distinctions about Her will require us to think in vast terms. Sri Ramakrishna hinted at this to his devotees: “The macrocosm and microcosm rest in the Mother's womb. Now do you see how vast She is?” (3)

One of Sri Ramakrishna’s translators and biographers, Swami Nikhilananda, explains: reality has two levels, one of which may be called the absolute, acosmic, or transcendental level and the other the relative, cosmic, or phenomenal. (4) It was these two levels of Reality that saints and sages wished to speak about by using the metaphor of a cosmic male and female.

According to Swami Nikhilananda, at the phenomenal level, one perceives the universe of diversity and is aware of one's own individual personality or ego, whereas at the transcendental level, differences merge into an inexplicable non-dual consciousness. Both these levels of experience are real from their respective standpoints, though what is perceived at one level may be negated at the other. (5)

Thus, the Mother, coterminous with this relative plane of existence, includes all things, all creation, all manifestation, all matter. The Father, the source of creation, remains ever no-thing, un-created, un-manifest, im-material.

The Mother is neither a female nor a person
The term “Mother” refers to the relative plane of existence; the term “Father” refers to the absolute
On the relative plane, the Divine Mother creates all there is, preserves it for a time, and then dissolves it into the formless Father again
The Mother made the body
The Mother arises from the Father and merges in Him again.
She is energy, movement, vibration; the Father is an inactive, unknowable void
The essence of the Mother is a universal creative vibration, symbolized by the sacred syllable 'Aum,' which calls matter into being, sustains it for a while, and then releases it back into the general dissolution of the Father
Ultimately, She is one with the Father
She plays a central role in enlightenment
No other spiritual agency has received the attention She has, under such a variety of names, and yet has been so little understood
The Mother will always be incomprehensible and Her significance will remain immeasurable

TO CONTINUE PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK :-)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/mother.html

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Symbiosis... she is the grail... thanks Cliff :-)

• The earliest writings on the Earthly Mother are found in the Essene Gospels of Peace, (Dead Sea Scrolls)

Here is a excerpt that has Jesus explaining  the Earthly Mother

"I tell you in very truth, Man is the Son of the Earthly Mother, and from her did the Son of Man receive his whole body, even as the body of the newborn babe is born of the womb of his mother. I tell you truly, you are one with the Earthly Mother; she is in you, and you in her. Of her were you born, in her do you live, and to her shall you return again. Keep, therefore, her laws, for none can live long, neither be happy, but he who honors his Earthly Mother and does her laws. For your breath is her breath; your blood her blood; your bone her bone; your flesh her flesh; your bowels her bowels; your eyes and your ears are her eyes and her ears.

• :-)  lovely.. I feel this way too, thanks Steve :-)

• Thank you so much Star Sister Kelly, you always give Us great information.

Love you

8114710493?profile=original

Namaste!

• Thank you, Lovely Alveta, you humble me.  You are so lit up inside, thank you for the pretty picture :-) 

• Oh Clifford, thanks deeply, it's been such a road hasn't it?  Sending hugs :-)

• Thank you, beautiful Custos, I'm glad you liked it, I love the energy of the Mother soo much :-)

• Thanks to you too, Kat, for reading and caring :-)

• Heh heh, I wonder if heart=wisdom are different energies from each other?

• Thank you so much, Kat :-)  I really appreciate you and your sharing, you are like a beam of sunshine lighting up the world :-) 

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

Kelly Lightchalice replied to Kelly Lightchalice's discussion Invitation to Lion's Gate Meditation in Triangles Meditation Group
"From Maria: 
The message has been received.
The far edge of the LeMUrian empire survived at Mt…"
Aug 5, 2015
Kelly Lightchalice posted a discussion in Triangles Meditation Group
Good day, friends :-)  I am participating in an earth meditation on the Lion's Gate portal…
Aug 5, 2015
The SOUL Mantram (full version)I am the Soul. And also love I am.Above all else I am both will and…
Jul 17, 2015
I have not written a personal blog in a long time now, but I felt that I should communicate to you…
Apr 16, 2015
Kelly Lightchalice replied to Kelly Lightchalice's discussion The Sirius - Venus StarGate ~ 04.11/12.2015. in Triangles Meditation Group
"WOOHOO!!!  It is a great time to be alive, enjoy the buffet, dear friends! "
Apr 14, 2015
The Sirius - Venus StarGate ~ 04.11/12.2015.If the ancient Maya and Egyptian were alive TODAY, they…
Apr 14, 2015
Obi wan posted a discussion in Triangles Meditation Group
THE SECRET OF THE TRIANGULAR BOOK OF ST. GERMAIN REVEALED Sacred Magic of the Winged DragonThe Key…
Aug 23, 2014
Cassandra Gifford replied to Spiritual Healer's discussion You Are Number 6! in Triangles Meditation Group
""Thoth has come forward to give us further guidance on the Emerald Tablets - "AS ABOVE SO BELOW'"…"
Jul 26, 2013
More…