Hello :)! I will start by saying that I opened up my eyes to drawing just a half year ago. I started with no basic education, just took a pencil and paper and started drawing with a picture in front of me of what felt attractive to me :) I have not been drawing so many pictures up until today, but I am really starting to feel that I want to create more and more. I will start posting my drawings from the first to the one up to date here :)

Hope you like seeing my journey and becoming a better artist :)

8110557664?profile=original

8110557297?profile=original

8110557872?profile=original

8110557691?profile=originalThe colourisation here is made by water-paint :) it was really hard to get the right colours and to learn how to use it, but I'm quite happy with the result considering it was the first time using it :)

8110558067?profile=original

8110557493?profile=original

2013 - 04 - 09. Estimated time three hours, using normal pencil and white paper.

8110557901?profile=original

2013-06-15  Took about 4 hours to complete. I'm not quite satisfied with the colouring using normal coloured pencils. The only thing I think I captured good is the eyes :)

8110558274?profile=original

2013-10-24 took about 2½ hours to complete. I used a normal work pencil and explored shadowing by smudging out the pencil using my fingers and highlighting with a rubber :). I'm quite satisfied with the end result, even though I wish my patience was stronger so that I could have made it more detailed.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you feather :)!

• Thank you very much :) Many are characters from the Anime called Naruto. The one-eyed ninja in that series is named Kakashi :)

• 8114949675?profile=original

8114949480?profile=original

This is just an example about how my drawing process works for this particular style ^^. This character is named Minato from the anime series Naruto wich I love to watch.

Enjoy ! :)

• Excelent work Ogdoo ... you have a natural talent ... keep on drawing ..

• Thanks a lot Luke :D It is always so nice to hear. It's been really fun rediscovering the joy of drawing for me, and while I may not aim to be a professional I just love to draw anything that I find beautiful and not too hard to capture on a paper. It is for me one of the greatest ways of meditation. I am also feeling a strong urge to start to play the piano and have allready bought a keyboard to practice on. The creativity feels so flowing in me ever since I discovered my spirituality, I guess it's a bi-product that comes with it :D doing what I love where creativity is present is no better feeling in the world for me.

• well said Ogdoo .. and inspiring to read your words .. I also draw but I am not professional by any means.. I just enjoy drawing, it gives me great peace ..

you are very creative .. music and art are two of the best outlets and I wish you great joy and happiness in all your creativity  .. perhaps you could record some of your music, put it onto a CD and design a cover for it.............

just an idea worth pondering over ..  :-)

• Then we feel the same Luke :) And it's always nice when you can affect others positively by inspiring them to find their own creativity. It's not a loss in any way, time well spent for me ;).

Yes that's how I feel :) even lately when I cook food I just go by creativity and don't follow any recipes hah :) it's been a lot easier since I started eating vegetarian/vegan food to be creative when you are not so used to any kinds of recipes. Turned out really great! So creativity is useful in all areas of life and you see it when you start using it. It lights up your inner world and the world around you.

I will definately try to take my music to a different level, I have such a passion for it :) and since I've been playing guitar for some years I have a good starting point to expanding. Thanks for the advice :)!

Hope you have an amazing evening

• Wow I love your artwork Ogdoo. You would be a great Anime creator....I love them all and think they are awesome....I especially love the tiger. What does the symbol in it mean?  Keep up the good work....

• Thanks so much Marique :) inspires me to do more :D right now I've been having some turbulens in my life, so it will be a while before I can calm down and let my creativity flow again. Looking forward to my next drawing, but when I'm not focused it is no good trying ;).

I don't know what the symbol means, I just recreated it :-)

• This is a welcome addition to the museum Ogdoo,  I to am self taught, like yourself I started drawing with pencil, and experimenting with ball point pen and pencil to get an even deeper contrast and depth.

One day I was drawing on my bunk, 45 years a go while still in the US Army and a guy walked by and said “great work”  Ya know if you started to paint with acrylic paint you would not have to draw around what your wanting to keep white. You could just paint the high lights when you got to them.   ????? Boing a light came on in my head and have been painting ever since I still draw --- but then paint over the top of it.

In just one year I taught myself to paint no school just trial and error. And ya know a art critic told me what I did in one year -- usually takes art students 5 years of school and 15 years of practice to get to the level I was paint.. All because I had no one to look over my shoulder telling me what brush or brush stroke to use and filling my head with nonsense about who did what and how in the art world.

All I did is look for subjects I haven’t learned how to paint yet and when I did look for something with a little more detail each time and never looked back.  Your best teacher is what your looking at and the more you look at it the more it will show you.  No think, just draw what you see…..   John ,,,,,  stay away from the schools -- I did and just look at my art room.  J

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

Ogdoo replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Thank you feather :)!"
Dec 16, 2013
John - Artist replied to John - Artist's discussion My art gallery "photo realism" in ACC syber "Art Museum"
""
Dec 16, 2013
Ogdoo replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Thank you very much :) Many are characters from the Anime called Naruto. The one-eyed ninja in that…"
Dec 16, 2013
"Then we feel the same Luke :) And it's always nice when you can affect others positively by…"
Nov 4, 2013
Luke Skywalker replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"well said Ogdoo .. and inspiring to read your words .. I also draw but I am not professional by any…"
Nov 4, 2013
"Thanks a lot Luke :D It is always so nice to hear. It's been really fun rediscovering the joy of…"
Nov 4, 2013
"This is just an example about how my drawing process works for this particular style ^^. This…"
Nov 4, 2013
Luke Skywalker replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Excelent work Ogdoo ... you have a natural talent ... keep on drawing .."
Nov 4, 2013
More…