My art gallery "photo realism"

I am self taught, with two courses in photography, one course in architectural drafting, plus being a artist in a former life, waking up in this one was just a matter or remembering how its all done. 

My home page web site / with small bio. http://ljwheat.home.mindspring.com/

Here is a little music to play as you look threw these halls.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 8114981278?profile=original8114980880?profile=original8114981291?profile=original

• 8114931492?profile=original

• New  RV   New Mural started

• thank you for stopping , kick your shoes off and stay a spell --- anytime my friend thanks

John

• John you are a great inspiration to me.. I have the feeling I have a long way to go to get to your level of craftsmanship.. I am blown away by your Artwork.. each piece is just fantastic.. I have started painting but its all in the infant stages for me.. but I am glad that I have made the move from sketching into actual painting.. I dont know what kind of Artist I will become but time will tell.. I am enjoying the process.. that is for sure..

I am just observing the Indians face  that you have painted here.. the sunrise over the grand canyon.. the light upon his face, you see that is the kind of detail I am striving for.. I have learned to draw outlines but very faint because in real life there are no out lines as you know.. so its like feather strokes in a way.. 

I am happy to be an Artist in training.. 

thank you John for this sharing your great work here and for giving me the opportunity to share my own Art.. even if it is only humble beginnings for me .. I will be adding my own gallery here in the Museum later today.. just been busy for the past few days .. but will have my own space thanks to you.. 

still working on finding my own style I guess.. I am searching for the style inside me.... whatever that is.. I have so many ideas . mainly I have always drawn from my head.. and so much surreal stuff.. also abstract but I feel the need to be open to all styles until my own begins to emerge.. I guess.. 

I will update my Art as I go along.. 

thank you John and it is great for me to sail alongside you .. 

Love and Peace as always......

Luke.

• Luke, thank you from one artist to another your words are well taken. 

The out lining part I struggled with as well in the beginning till I studied real life awake meditation, and came across the answer your looking for.

If you left click any of my painting’s the Indian is a good one to use, or the castle  clicking on it will open it to another window by its self - then right click it will open a small window look for save as click on that type in the name and then save.   Now you can copy and paste it to window Paint.  Enlarge any area were there would have been a out line. Look really close and you will notice the out line is what’s directly be hind it.

So a big Key in painting is to always sketch lightly as your painting over your out line.  Then hears the neat part with paint. Paint what is the farthest away from you fist,-- the back ground -- always do this and then the next closest from there, each time you are over laying a tinny bit of paint over the last part you painted giving you a sharp edge of paint over lapping the past and the boarder’s create them selves magically and you get that 3d look automatically with out trying.   My tip of the day.  Paint what farthest away first and always.    ps; this allso works in drawing draw whats farthest away first. 

John xoxo 

The tiger Mural is a good example of this the tigers remaind white till i got the back ground painted, then the forground , then the tigers then the the plants were painted right over the top of the tigers. 

• Permalink      Relocated this out of the string of pictures;  to comment area.

Reply by Feather  Winger on December 1, 2012 at 3:51pm                Delete

John....I always enjoy your art..........it sure is helpful to be born with  this talent,,,looks like you did the school part in another life.  I can  see that art has been your meditation ,,,,,with all the detail it must take you  many many hours to do some of your paintings...it  looks as if you paint  each hair,,,,,very detailed,,,,,,nice feeling to your work........thank you for  sharing...

Read more: http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/group/acc-syber-art-museum/forum/t...

• 8114499660?profile=original

27in. x 35in. Acrylic paint on Canvas.  "Bush plain lands on Northern lake"

8114500658?profile=original

18in. x  8ft. Acrylic on linen.   "Jersey Shore"   custom built to fit over slidder's

8114548061?profile=original

Well folks that’s it until i pick up another paint brush, hope you have enjoyed the work i have done over the last 40 years. any questions or comments are welcome. thank you John W. Wheat photo realist xoxo

• 8116004468?profile=original

Announcing a new mural, actually extended living room mural on wall left of the tiger’s.  Am going to add a three tear water fall, rock and greenery.8116004653?profile=original

• First day of blocking in the under coat or base painting.  14X4 ft. Acrylic on drywall in living room.

8114561252?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

Ogdoo replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Thank you feather :)!"
Dec 16, 2013
John - Artist replied to John - Artist's discussion My art gallery "photo realism" in ACC syber "Art Museum"
""
Dec 16, 2013
Ogdoo replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Thank you very much :) Many are characters from the Anime called Naruto. The one-eyed ninja in that…"
Dec 16, 2013
"Then we feel the same Luke :) And it's always nice when you can affect others positively by…"
Nov 4, 2013
Luke Skywalker replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"well said Ogdoo .. and inspiring to read your words .. I also draw but I am not professional by any…"
Nov 4, 2013
"Thanks a lot Luke :D It is always so nice to hear. It's been really fun rediscovering the joy of…"
Nov 4, 2013
"This is just an example about how my drawing process works for this particular style ^^. This…"
Nov 4, 2013
Luke Skywalker replied to Ogdoo's discussion Ogdoo's art gallery. My journey to explore the world of creativity! in ACC syber "Art Museum"
"Excelent work Ogdoo ... you have a natural talent ... keep on drawing .."
Nov 4, 2013
More…