Is it possible to live without protein? What happens when there is too much or too little protein in the body? What is the best fish protein, and what cheese? What differs animal protein from vegetable protein? and is the pro
tein in eggs the best quality of protein?
1. Protein is a core building block for the trillions of cells in the human body. without protein, no life could exist. The only material which is more common in the body than protein is water. 18%-20% of the body is protein.
2. The human body has about 100,000 different types of protein. The body them needs to grow, heal and sustain all the body's chemical reactions.
4. Proteins in the body come in many shapes and sizes. Simple proteins look like "little trains" with a lot of cars. Each "car" or such protein unit, is called an amino acid. What is common to all the different types of proteins in the body is that they are all complex chemicals made from over 20 different types of amino acids.
5. While beef is a much more popular meat than chicken, the protein content is lower than that found in chicken meat.
7. In 2010, the athlete Ben Pearson, then 20, increased his protein intake to increase muscle size. However, he did not know he had a rare genetic disorder that prevented his body from breaking down proteins. High levels of protein in his body caused increased production of ammonia in the blood, causing the brain to swell and tragically, caused Pearson's death.
8. Hair is composed of insoluble fibrous and non-digested protein called keratin. Keratin protein appears in the form of a coil and a creates the horned tissue of the body, such as nails and hair. Curtin has sulfur bonds that make hair curly. The more sulfur ties, the more curly hair.
9. Proteins, like carbohydrates and fats, are considered one of the major nutrients, this is because they provide energy (calories) to the body. While proteins and carbohydrates provide 4 calories per gram, fat provides 9 calories per gram. The only other substance that provides calories is alcohol. However, it is not considered one of the major nutrition sources of the food because it is not nutritious and people do not need it to survive.
10. Proteins present in certain foods can cause allergies, because the structure of the protein may trigger an immune response. For example: Many people are allergic to gluten, a protein found mainly in cereal.
11. Of all the types of cheese, Parmesan cheese that is low in sodium contains the most protein - 41.6 grams per serving of 100 grams.
12. Of fish, yellow tuna contains the most protein (30 grams per serving of 100 grams). After it on the list: anchovies (29 gr), salmon (27 g), halibut (27 g) and tilapia (26 grams).
13. The older and bigger a legume, so the amount of protein in it is larger. Of legumes, roasted and fully matured soybean seeds and adults contain the largest amount of protein - 39.6 grams per 100 grams.
14. Pumpkin seeds provide 33 grams of protein per serving of 100 grams, while watermelon seeds provide a little less than 28 grams per 100 grams.
15. Too much protein can be dangerous to the body. For example, high levels of protein can create a strain on the liver and kidneys and cause them to work extra hard to dismantle and dispose of the extra protein.
16. One of the smallest countries in the world, Luxembourg, is one of the largest meat-eating countries in the world. In Luxembourg, each resident can average about -136 kg per year. In second place are Americans with an annual average of 125 kg per person, and Austria comes in at third place with an average annual consumption of 120 kg of animal protein.
17. Although the population in India exceeds a billion, it is considered the country with the lowest meat consumption, with an average of 3 pounds of meat per person. In second place, Bangladesh with an average of 4 kg of meat per person and in third place, the Democratic Republic of Congo with an average Annual of 5 kg of meat per person.
20. Researchers found that certain mutations in protein may increase the risk of autism. Specifically, when a protein called Shank3 mutates, it can cause a disruption in the connections between neurons, which affects the chances of autism.
21. Without the protein called albumin, the entire human body would be swollen from liquids. Low levels of albumin are found in patients with hydrating (pathological accumulation of water), in people with extensive burns, kidney disease, problems absorbing food and people suffering from malnutrition. In third world countries - protein diet and lack of food are common problems that cause the swelling of the abdomen from the absence of albumin and osmotic imbalance of body fluids.
22. Protein deficiency can cause serious health problems. For example, children with protein deficiency may develop a condition known as Kooshiorkor. Symptoms include protruding belly, thinning hair, weight loss and faded skin color. If the phenomenon is not treated properly, it can lead to stunted growth, mental disorders and even death.
Replies are closed for this discussion.
I do not know how can I change the color of writing....If any body know please help here...
I have tried but could not do it....So sorry..
Hi Sohini, did you click on the options button at the top right of this post? Click on that and it will allow you to edit your post...click edit post. When the new box opens up with your post, highlight the text with your cursor then click on the A and the color box will open, then click on the color you want and when you do that it will change the color of your text. Preview your post again to make sure the color has changed. When it has then post your blog.
Just keep trying until you get it. It may seem complicated but once you do it you'll see it's easy.
Hi again Sohini...I just tried it but for some reason it will not change the color of the text so you are doing it right but sometimes the text will not change color...do not know why?
when we start talking about protein in vegetarian, vegan, raw foods and fruitarian diets, first we need to talk to horses, cows, goats, sheep and the rest of grass eaters where they get their protein. It,s clear that they are not too concerned with it and still look healthy and buff..................protein is such a myth perpetrated by animal industry to the consumers .
I have tried but not at all responding...I don't know where the mistake is...My son helped me and at that time I did it with another post...
Thanks for your help...
Sending Love & Blessings...
You are welcome with your wisdom words...