The Age of Gurus is Over

Hi ACC Members!

What is your opinion about the Gurus? not teachers in general but I mean the Satgurus or people who call others up to follow them literally...

Why there is a wide spread opinion, that a person needs ONE guru to follow during a life period or even all life long? I have always been pretty allergic to that idea of ONE guru and still am... Even if I have decided not to follow any particular guru, this topic still is in my interest, because I met a highly intelligent person recently, who also has his ONE guru. The last fact was kinda surprising to me, because he seems a very independent soul actually, no "follower" type... He even claims that he recites ONLY mantras given by his guru ... (unfortunately I did not get a chance to ask him any further about that...)

So, I decided to post this to maybe get a wider perspective on that.

Guru means "teacher" among other things (like "from darkness to light" etc). Why on earth should one need only "one" teacher? OK, I admit, I have not read all the ancient scripts yet, that is maybe why I have missed something important ;))

I also know, the guru must only awaken the real guru in You and Me (in the disciple).

But still it seems that many gurus saying this still "do not mind at all", if disciples will start following all their words literally!

This is against my logic, because to me every guru who has walked this planet is incarnated as a human being and no guru can be always right in everything and no teachings can apply to all people in this world.

To me personally it seems that there is so much blind following. Even if the Guru is a very wise person, old soul and maybe even a higher dimensional being....still despite all this I would not recommend anyone to follow a guru 100%. Because he still is a being who is also learning. There are no beings here who have no lessons left to learn...and yes, they also have their egos.

So my message is... let us all be our gurus to each other and to ourselves :) 

Krishna Kalki once gave me a quote which resonates with me a lot "The time of Gurus is over. Everyone is his own guru now". Like it! :)

Much love to all and I appreciate all opinions of yours, because I want to learn more about that controversal topic.

Laura

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been a guru to many people over the years and from my experiences, the age of gurus started to decline around 2009. That's when I noticed that more and more of my students were beginning to find the answers themselves without guidance. I highly supported that process since it's no fun to be a guru in the long run. It gets VERY lonely after a while since there usually are no more people like that particular guru in that particular country. :)

The last student I had I actually simply abandoned. :)

I know, that was kinda heartless but that woman would never have learned to think for herself if she weren't shocked by the abscence of "the allknowing", so.. I still think I did the right thing when I decided to stop answering her questions. :)

• Sometimes dear I.M, its the only way. 

There are no rules when it comes to imparting wisdom.

• yes, you certainly did the right think for her...that is how a guru should be!

• Laura! What is a Guru for you? The word in these days is used for someone "on top" like Health Guru, Rawfood Guru and so on. The original word Guru lost its meaning and have a lot of negative vibes.

ca 20 years ago I read the book: Autobiography of a Yogi and from this book I got an idea of what a true Guru was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobiography_of_a_Yogi That is very different from how I see the word Guru is used today. I met the false Gurus and I met the real. It is a big difference! One can say the time of the Guru is over but it does mean that is true! Ther are many spiritual egos.

If a Guru is not a personality, If a Guru is the spirit of Love and compassion from the higher realms who can live in the heart of a body with no ego, who is awaken. If the Guru manifest in different times to guide living beings to their own higher conciousness. If this is a Guru, there must be many fake Gurus who take the name of this ancient sanskrit word. The Guru was often in a linage because it was the living Guru who could tell if the disiple was enlightened or not. The mind and the ego can fool oneself and others. To be in the presence of a real Guru the heart will tell and you will feel it. If not, it is only waist of time.

Here is what Osho says about Guru http://www.oshoteachings.com/osho-on-guru-guru-literally-means-the-...

• Yogananda is an amazing Teacher... a founder of the apply named 'Self Realization Fellowship'. I highly recommend his book Autobiography of a Yogi... it has had a profound effect on my Life. Well worth the 'time'~InLight555

• Thanks to ALL for the Insight shared on this thread... definitely a thought provoking topic Laura. The Sanskrit for 'Guru' is simply Teacher or Master... In Hinduism and Buddhism, it emphasizes 'one who imparts Initiation.' It is this Initiatory process, that has 'played' an enormous role in our collective Spiritual development (whether we have a Guru or not)... at the same time, we are entering a phase where the traditional Guru/Deciple relationship no longer serves... Humanity is in the middle of a 'Spiritual Domino-Effect' that transcends 'one-to-one' allegiance... or rigid dependence on Mantra, Doctrine etc. Again, these relationships have 'played' a beautiful part in in the Human story... & yes, this includes many of the shadows that rear their head related circles ... of course there is profound potential for learning, on either side of the Spiritual coin. I would highly recommend the book 'It's here Now, Are You', by Bhagavan Das, as a way to help understand some of the nuances of this ancient practice, through 'modern' eyes.  -From a certain angle, I see the Guru/Deciple relationship with Jesus, and certain 'darker' aspects of the 'Christian' base, as one of the reasons why Humanity is turning this crucial corner. Overt manipulation of Christ's Teachings have certainly caused a level of havoc, that is hard to believe, was ever... intended? Jeshua Sananda Melchizedek... was in fact, 'Initiated' in Eastern 'Mystery-Schools' himself. Which accounts for crucial missing years of His 'story' in the Bible... but I digress. 'Jesus' is one of countless 'Christed' Yogis to have 'Graced' our planet. It is the the hyper global focus on 'Him'... that has kept much of the esoteric truth of 'Their' greater mission from the masses. The 'Second-Coming' isn't about the return of one 'Christed' Yogi... but rather the Regeneration of 'Christ-Consciousness' for ALL. & that's one of the primary reasons from my perspective, why the Guru/Deciple relationship is ending... just as the cycle of Reincarnation has come to a close. Lesson learned, Court adjourned Children of the Light!!! We have each 'Lived' these 'Lessons' countless times now... and as our 12 Strand DNA continues to come online... a new-paradigm is emerging. It's no longer about traditional learning... We are  r e m e m b e r i n g  that our disconnection from our Higher-Selves... from God... was a temporary agreement. As the Gaian-Matrix Ascends... so do the limited 3D perspectives enmeshed with duality. So in that sense, it's really not about a Spiritual dynamic 'ending'... in more ways than can currently be fully understood, Humanity stands on the cusp a Return to Our Belonging. What an Honor, to 'Be Here Now', with you ALL... again ;-) 

jesus-meditating.jpg?w=216&h=300

The Flower Sermon

Toward the end of his life, the Buddha took his disciples to a quiet pond for instruction. As they had done so many times before, the Buddha’s followers sat in a small circle around him, and waited for the teaching.

But this time the Buddha had no words. He reached into the muck and pulled up a lotus flower. And he held it silently before them, its roots dripping mud and water.

The disciples were greatly confused. Buddha quietly displayed the lotus to each of them. In turn, the disciples did their best to expound upon the meaning of the flower: what it symbollized, and how it fit into the body of Buddha’s teaching.

When at last the Buddha came to his follower Mahakasyapa, the disciple suddenly understood. He smiled and began to laugh. Buddha handed the lotus to Mahakasyapa and began to speak.

What can be said I have said to you,” smiled the Buddha, “and what cannot be said, I have given to Mahakashyapa.

Mahakashyapa became Buddha’s successor from that day forward.

a_e164c49d.jpg

( ( ( Unity-Consciousness is our Birthright... Stand Strong!... You were born to do this ) ) ) 

000algr1.jpg

In Lak'ech Ala K'in 555

•         Lesson learned... Court adjourned...

~Are You Ready?

• The time has come for us to stand united as masters all, in respect of the master.

And of ourselves.

• Guru - answers your queries to satisfaction, clears yours doubts, shows you the path and sets you free for "YOUR JOURNEY".

HE DOES NOT MAKE YOU FOLLOW THE footsteps left behind in his journey, which promotes cult- MINE IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S.

We have fellow members who want to compare or judge others - but where is the need???????????????

everyone has his own experience (s), and no two can be exactly similar at journey level, but yes destination will be one and same. WHY DRAIN ENERGY SCORING OVER and or judging EACH OTHER- YOU,YOURS, ME, MINE, REAL, FAKE, GOOD, BAD, RIGHT, WRONG. eastern , western, northern , southern, .......................................

such obstinacy / attitude will take us no where- burning fuel in a vehicle with both brakes and accelerator pressed at same time will only cause damage to the vehicle.

spiritualism is all about simpler things, but motivated guru's complicate the process and terminology to complex, because we are mentally conditioned to not to value or respect what is simple or comes easily.

there are professional's who promote and market self formulated breathing and physical exercises, soothing and trance inducing music as spiritualism wherein fact it is nothing more than hyper-ventilation and hypnotic trance.

people experiencing such oxygen charging and hypnotic trance label it as spiritual rising / experience.

exercise ONLY helps you prepare your physical body for the journey AND NOTHING MORE.

journey begins when you have mastered your thoughts, "state of no thought".

there is wide spread confusion, not ascension, because of such motivated professional's- leading to EGO FEEDING- mine is better than your's. if we are really pursuing path of spirituality then the first must is letting go and being non-judgmental.

WHAT i have put forth IS PURELY my view, others need not agree and i respect the same.,

• I totally agree Lalit.....well said....perfect.

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1538

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Music break, dear people.....I love this piece, which starts off a bit repetitive, but then begins to really flourish, around 4:06, when the sax takes off...and wow, it's really superb....🤩…"
2 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"LaGuardia Airport in New York recent sighting. https://youtu.be/8wVw5ByNb9c?si=J7Bnybcc2t92e1_6"
2 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"LaGuardia Airport in New York recent sighting https://youtu.be/8wVw5ByNb9c?si=hBQdM42_bUi5EVI6"
2 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"More about Lyme disease from Dr berg here. https://youtu.be/WJ7N_9UYK1Y?si=uaSDCpuyy6gyqkS1"
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Music for your soul.
"This is a piece by the great nu funk proponent, Stéphane Deschezeaux and is named "The Virtual Love."
Deschezeaux is founder of Springbok Records and a French DJ and producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTiaVh1l1EE"
3 hours ago
AlternateEarth posted a discussion
Fixing a water stain in the basement-see any images in the stain?
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Actually I'd be really pleased if someone out there, reading this, benefits from discovering that stevia could be a remedy, if suffering from Lyme....
My heart goes out to all such sufferers....And Spring time seems to be a more dangerous season,…"
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"This Lyme disease sounds pretty awful and the guy who made the vid, describes his symptoms in detail, over several years...
It is a fact that simply being bitten by a tick and having a "bullseye" rash, does not necessarily mean you've contracted it…"
3 hours ago
More…