Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again

Joel Gehrke
Washington Examiner
February 4, 2014

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says, “You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again.”

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says, “You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again.”

Justice Antonin Scalia predicts that the Supreme Court will eventually authorize another a wartime abuse of civil rights such as the internment camps for Japanese Americans during World War II.

“You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again,” Scalia told the University of Hawaii law school while discussing Korematsu v. United States, the ruling in which the court gave its imprimatur to the internment camps.

The local Associated Press report quotes Scalia as using a Latin phrase that means “in times of war, the laws fall silent,” to explain why the court erred in that decision and will do so again.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• this post is about a 'possibility" of concentrations camps - yes there is a 'possibility'

based on Russian history ( i am russian and have an unfortunate family history for 2 generation about those facilities) ... which were build way ahead of any war, or change withing the country in advanced for a few reason (a possibility of changing the regime and social structure and absolute control by the government as a 'dictatorship").

There is a pattern in recent World Events, not only in US, and if it will continue this way - well ... it was said a few years ago that nwo want eliminate 80% of world population (by all means) and have a better control over the rest 20% - the pattern is getting stronger and more visible - in my perception.

• The term holocaust comes from the Greek word holókauston, referring to an animal sacrifice offered to a god in which the whole (olos) animal is completely burnt (kaustos). For hundreds of years, the word "holocaust" was used in English to denote great massacres. Since the 1960s, the term has come to be used by scholars and popular writers to refer to the Nazi genocide of Jews – how about just Genocide as it coined the term "genocide" by combining Greek genos (γένος; race, people) and Latin cīdere (to kill) – which indeed happened and not only during WWII, and it still does just in more subtle way (in terms of methods) but nevertheless  real and horrific.

• I just wanna get along

• Ever heard of the prison with no walls and security?

YOUR mind is your prison...

free your mind and your ass will follow.

7727.jpg

• It kind of reminds me Russia, especially Stalin’s regime, who in the late 1930s launched a bloody purge of all those he regarded as even potentially dangerous to the Soviet state. As part of the struggle against those whom he considered political rivals, Stalin identified political opposition with treason and used this as a weapon in his struggle against Leon Trotsky and Nikolay I. Bukharin and their supporters. By February 1939 most of the “Old Bolsheviks,” those revolutionaries who in 1917 had begun the Revolution, had been exterminated. Millions more (estimated at from 7 million to 15 million) were sent to the forced-labour camps that Stalin made an integral part of the Soviet economy.

In 1989 the Soviet historian Roy Medvedev estimated that about 20 million died as a result of the labor camps, forced collectivization, famine, and executions. Another 20 million were victims of imprisonment, exile, and forced relocation,. plus the WWII about 20 million died as well.

There so many horror stories, about people disappearing without any trace, in early 90’s there was so much information  released, it was shock to even comprehend -  as an example: some old trains that was found (to an unknown destinations) were engraved with names on the walls, standing there as a relic … they still do (as a reminder) for a 'brighter future' ...

• Wonderfully summorized :)

• I did not think that Obama created all these orders...I realize they are cumulative over the years.  It just spooked me seeing a list like that altogether...worried me greatly.  I have been doing a lot of worrying lately.  Thank you for the link Semile.  Will check it out.

• Bingo ;-)

• Stick:  And how am I a fool for telling the truth?  Did I strike a nerve?  Did I beat you at your game?  How am I ignorant for telling the truth?  Can you explain that to me please?  Ignorant is UNKNOWING, and YOU REFUSE TO KNOW.  YOU HAVE YOUR MIND MADE UP AND THAT'S THAT.  You ALWAYS bring race into EVERY discussion, that's all you EVER do.  No, YOU are connecting Nazi's with race, NOT me.  I am not "defending" the Nazi's, I am just stating FACTS.  The only way I "dragged" Nazi's into this post is by the making the simple statement that all the Nazi's did was ask for "papers please" and YOU went BALLISTIC over it, so I had to defend myself.  I will post whatever I chose and I will not follow you.  YOU are the one who is into this shit - THAT'S WHY you went BALLISTIC over a simple statement.  Well, it sure sounded like a threat, but maybe it wasn't.  You know people LIE, don't you?  And you know they have REASONS for lying?  I suggest you do SOME, ANY research into this.  YOU are the one who is remaining unconscious, for YOU are the one who REFUSES to see the TRUTH by believing ONE-SIDED STORIES.  (The Truth is stranger than fiction).  (And, by the way, I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you believe the Holohoax, why should you care what I believe?) An INTELLIGENT person will do RESEARCH, instead of attacking and attacking and attacking, BUT, YOU'VE GOT YOUR MIND MADE UP.

• ~You fool no one but yourself darkstar... why not, at the very least, try & muster up the integrity to make the distorted views you are clinging to as 'fact' a discussion for the whole ACC community to engage in? Otherwise, stop getting yourself off with the ongoing, self aggrandizing semantic masturbation. Your simplistic 'research' only betrays the shadows of your psyche... but all is not lost, there is a deeper discussion to be had on the Holocaust, the Nazis & Aryan propaganda like the 'Holohoax'. One that would undoubtably help you to grow beyond the limitations of your fears. But we both know that despite your over the top posturing (childish insults, claiming everyone are cowards when 'race' is brought up, continually writing in CAPS etc.), you lack the courage to display your misguided beliefs outside of this meaningless Scalia thread. No worries though darkstar... that's how these things go with the kind of ideas you are espousing. It's always easier to keep them in dark corridors rather than shed real Light on them... right? Beyond predictable if you ask me. & to your question: "Did I beat you at your game?" Check!... Mate in seven ;-)

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"Thanks Justin, it’s great to see the truth being exposed.👌🏼"
1 hour ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
2 hours ago
Krishna Kalki replied to Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
"Like I stated before …Beings on this planet spent billions on looking for other planets and trillions on destroying their own planet ..one big danger is nuclear arms which the extraterrestrials are warning us as they have seen beings bestroying…"
3 hours ago
Agarther Z posted a discussion
"Sorry, we didn't know it was invisible." The retired colonel of the Air Force of the SR Yugoslavia, Zoltan Dani, who was at the head of the unit that shot down the American F-117 stealth plane on March 27, 1999, together with his comrades…
3 hours ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
3 hours ago
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
3 hours ago
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=A6vimHDSrlXiR1lo"
3 hours ago
More…