Sekhmet, Who is she?

This site is good for finding interesting information on things that are not normally talked about....I am aware of who this being is...Just wondering if anyone had some interesting information on her...and it will be interesting to know how people view her...

Thanks much, 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks a lot for sharing your personal experience. don't worry i wasn't planning on messing around with her. Have you tried meditating to some ancient egyptian music. I found this CD Music in th Age of the Pyramids Ancient Egypt and it took me back to the Temple (I guess the same one she is asking you to remember). Maybe it can help you to realize what you did there and what is it you need to heal or go back to, maybe some hability you have forgotten and lies dormant in you...

Hope all's well, much love and light :D  

• Hello :D I am so moved by the information given here, specially because I have been driven into Ancient Egypt lately by messages received while meditating. Hathor, Sekhmet and Horus to be precise. I can't thank you enough for the information. It seems that a past life there was really strong for me and I am kind of driven to look back specially to Abu Simbel.  Do you happen to know anything about that temple and what kind of language they spoke? I mean I've heard egyptian coptic but it doesn't quite sound like what I've heard. I tend to speak a very sibilant unknown language whenever Sekhmet speaks through me and when I give Reiki as well. I am not a chaneller, you know, I don't just focus and channel, but sometimes when I meditate I do. Any guidance, please?

• You'll love this information, my avatar is an alter of Sekhmet, Hathor.... check this out, you've made a new friend, she is beautiful and strong...

Cat Headed Beings - Sekhmet - Bast

Ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses wore the various masks mostly those of birds (sacension) and cats or lions. Most of the masks were archetypes for creation ---> destruction--->rebirth as our consciousness moves from one reality - experience - to another. There is only one soul behind the creation of these mythological gods and goddesses - who can be found in the creational legends of all cultures.

Bast and Sekhmet represent feminine energies as we are supposedly shifting from male energies to the feminine (higher frequencies beyond 3D) - the right side of the brain - intuition - creation - creative aspects of your personality - the esoteric - psychic gifts evolve as you move into higher frequency.

In ancient Egyptian mythology - the Lion/Cat represents Creation - the Lioness - Sphinx - her male counterpart - Leo - who has supposedly been in power since the Age of Leo - approximately 13,000 years ago. Precession of the Equinoxes

Bast and Sekhmet were the same soul - Bast primarily a Northern goddess (since Her main place of worship was in Lower Egypt), while Sekhmet (as a form of Het-hert) was a Southern goddess. There is much mythology about who they were and what they did - yet much of the characteristics attributed to their personalities may not be true and are often confusing.

All of the Gods carried rods/ staffs made out of a metal called electrum - which was linked them back to Source and enabled them to manipulate things by changing the meagnetcis on the physical planet. It is all done with rods and magnetics (magic). Thoth = Hermes = Merlin=the Magician.

ankhline.gif

SEKHMET - SHE WHO IS POWERFUL - EYE OF RA

ankhline.gif

sethmet.jpg

She is the power that protects the good and annihilates the wicked. Sekhmet is the wrathful form of Hathor (goddess of joy, music, dance, sexual love, pregnancy and birth). With leonine head, female human body and the strength of her father, she is the noontime sun--- intense blinding heat.

In Tibet she is known as Senge Dong-ma, lion-headed dakini, "Guardian of the Secret Tantric Teachings". She is called Simhavaktra, in India where she also has a male reflection in the lion-headed incarnation of Vishnu, Narasimha. Pure shakti, she is doubtless a close relative to lion-mounted Durga, "Keeper of the Flame". Indeed, another Egyptian title for Sekhmet is Nesert, the flame. In the ancient Near East she was called Anat, Ashtoreth and Astarte.

To the Old Kingdom Egyptians, Nu was the divine father of the primordal waters from whence Ra, the sun, came forth. Ra gave birth to Shu, god of the wind, and Tefnut who was called "the spitter" because she sent the rain. Together Shu and Tefnut were the Twins of our heavenly constellations. Tefnut and Sekhmet both have human female form with a head of the lion and both are recorded as daughters of Ra by the Egyptians. Sekhmet is perhaps a later manifestation of Tefnut, but in any event they are one and the same.

Sekhmet, goddess Hathor, is the daughter he plucked from his head and sent out into the universe to avenge his anger. Nu spoke, "Let thine Eye go forth against those who are rebels in the kingdom." Then the gods spoke together, "Let thine eye go forth against these rebels. When It cometh down from heaven, no human eye can be raised against it."

Sekhmet/Hathor, in the form of a lioness, hurled herself upon the men who had rebelled against Ra. She attacked them with such fury that the sun god feared she might exterminate the entire human race and begged her to stop the carnage. She had no ears to hear it. So Ra spilled 7,000 jugs containing a magic potion composed of beer and pomegranate juice in her path. Sekhmet, mistook the red liquid for human blood, lapped it up and become too drunk to continue the slaughter.

On the feast day of Hathor/Sekhmet as many jugs of reddened beer were offered as there were priestesses of the sun.

Mistress and lady of the tomb, gracious one, destroyer of rebellion, mighty one of enchantments. Her body draped in red, Sekhmet faces West; her sister-daughter Bast in green, personification of the domestic cat, faces East.

Sekhmet is the triad goddess of Memphis with her husband Ptah, god of arts and crafts. Nefertum was their son and the third member of the triad. Ptah is the creative potter-god who shaped the world and heavens assisted by the seven wise worker-dwarfs of Khnemu.

goldsekhmet.gif

Sekhmet is usually portrayed as a woman with the head of a lioness, but as the Daughter of the Netjer of the Sun, Ra.

Sekhmet is closely linked to the Uraeus (Buto or Wadjyt) in Her role as the fire-breathing, 'Eye of Ra'. The pyramid texts themselves mention that the King or Pharaoh was conceived by Sekhmet, Herself.

sekhmet.jpg

Sekhmet is one of the oldest known forms of Netjer in Egyptian history. She the 'patron' of the Physicians, Physician-Priests and Healers. Because She is one of the most powerful of all the Names of Netjer, (Her name literally translated means "Mighty One", or "Powerful One").

sekhmetbasalt.jpg

Her Name is derived from the Egyptian word 'Sekhem', which means "power" or "might". The word sekhem' is literally inseperable from Sekhmet and Her worship. Because of these facts, She is often times misunderstood and portrayed only in a negative way This is probably because of legends of how Sekhmet, as the destructive Eye of Rawas sent forth to punish humanity for its mockery of Her Father, Ra. The myth of Sekhmet's Creation explains how Sekhmet came into being from Het-Hert (Hathor).

But in spite of the fact that She is sometimes 'destructive', Her qualities as Healer, Mother and Protector are often overlooked. In the realm of Ancient Egyptian Medicine, almost all healers and surgeons of Ancient Kemet would most certainly have fallen under Sekhmet's jurisdiction.

Sekhmet was worshiped throughout Egypt, particularly wherever a wadi opened out at the desert edges. This is the type of terrain that lions are often found. Many of them having come from the desert in order to drink and to prey upon cattle in the area.

It is said that Her worship was possibly introduced into Egypt from the Sudan, because lions are more plentiful there. Sekhmet's main cult center was located in Memphis (Men-nefer)and was part of the Divine Triad there, which was made up of Ptah, Sekhmet and Nefertum. Sekhmet is the wife of Ptah, the 'Creator' Netjer of the Ancient Egyptians and their son is called Nefertum, who is also closely associated with healers and healing.

Because of the shift in power from Memphis to Thebes during the New Kingdom (1550- 1069 BC) the Theban Triad, made up of Amun, Mut (Amaunet), and Khons, Sekhmet's attributes were absorbed into that of Mut.

Sekhmet was increasingly represented as an aggressive manifestation of Mut and the Two Goddesses, along with HetHert and Bast were often synchretized. Mut-Sekhmet was the protectoress, Wife of the King of the Gods, Who also was incarnate through the person of the Pharaoh. Within the Mut Precinct were found large numbers of statues of the lioness-goddess which wereerected by Amenhotep III (1390 - 1352 BC) both in the Temple of Mut at Karnak and also at his mortuary temple which was located in Western Thebes.

sekhmetblue.jpg

As with the Goddess Isis, Sekhmet seems to have been reinvented in the twentieth century. Although she is still regarded as a powerful force, to be approached with respect and caution, we can perceive a 'watering down' of her aspects. In Ancient Egypt she was dangerous and ferocious, the bringer of plagues and retribution, the fire of the sun God's eye. This was no benign figure, who could be adored and worshipped as a gentle mother.

Nowadays, many women view Sekhmet as a source of strength, independence and assertiveness, and commune with her frequency when these attributes need to be augmented or instilled.

To some people Sekhmet has become the symbol of the modern woman. She is still approached as a healer, bringer of justice and as a guardian or protector, but the emphasis has shifted. It seems a natural progression that Sekhmet has transformed from what was almost a force of chaos into an icon of immanent female power.

http://www.preterhuman.net/texts/other/crystalinks/cat.html

• I should mention too that the first AGE of man was the Age of Leo...the Lion......

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1511

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Infinity updated their profile
11 minutes ago
Infinity updated their profile photo
12 minutes ago
Infinity liked Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
29 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
"Yes indeed Movella and more of it to come :)"
3 hours ago
Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"Thanks Justin, it’s great to see the truth being exposed.👌🏼"
5 hours ago
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
6 hours ago
More…