are the democrats suicidal?

https://greatgameindia.com/kamala-harris-slave-owner/

Kamala Harris' ancestors owned slaves
By ethanh // 2020-08-31
Kamala-Harris-Delaware-2.jpg
Though the "fact-checkers" are already decrying it as "fake news," evidence continues to pour in showing that vice presidential hopeful Kamala Harris, who is not actually black, is directly descended from one of the most notorious slave owners in Jamaican history. Hamilton Brown, a relative of Kamala, owned so many slaves in Jamaica that there is actually a town there known as "Brown Town" that was named directly after him. Snopes says this is false, of course, but the proof is there for those who care about facts over politics. Brown is on record as having recruited large numbers of Irish migrants to come to Jamaica to work on his massive sugar plantations after the British empire abolished slavery. And Kamala's own father, Donald J. Harris, admitted in a piece for Jamaica Global Online entitled, "Reflections of a Jamaican Father," that his family was very involved in the Jamaican slave trade. "My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christina Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown's Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me)," Harris wrote. In other words, Kamala Harris and her family directly benefited from the labor wrought to them by slaves, meaning Kamala herself is a product of systemic racism. This directly counters the myth being spread by the mainstream media that Kamala is somehow a victim of the slave trade simply because her skin is kind of brown. "Kamala Harris is directly descended from one of the largest slaveowners in Jamaica, Hamilton Brown – there is even a town named after him, Brown Town," tweeted conservative commentator and fellow Indian-American Dinesh D'Souza. "So doesn't it follow she's a beneficiary, not a victim, of slavery?"

Hamilton Brown publicly swore that he owned slaves in Jamaica

Harris, further revealing his family's history, explains that as he grew up and got to know Miss Iris, he discovered that the entire sugar industry was built upon "free wage-labour," representing "a system of global production and commerce, based on slave labour, with Jamaica as a key component of that system from its very start." Between the years of 1817 and 1845, Brown owned several large sugar plantations that were worked by more than 100 slaves, none of whom were compensated for their labor. One register shows 124 slaves in total, with another 86 slaves not assigned to any specific estate. All in all, there were likely several hundred slaves who worked on Brown's plantations throughout their existence. It is also important to note that Brown himself admitted to owning slaves – though were he alive today to make this admission in person, Big Tech and Snopes would more than likely accuse him of spreading "misinformation" and "false facts" about himself. "I Hamilton Brown do swear that the above list and return consisting of two sheets is a true perfect and complete list and return, to the best of my knowledge and belief in every particular therein mentioned of all and every slaves possessed by me as owner, considered as most permanently settled, worked and employed in the Parish of Saint Ann on the twenty Eight day of June One thousand Eight Hundred and Seventeen without fraud, deceit or evasion So help me God," Brown wrote.

Hamilton Brown was also an attorney just like Kamala Harris

London's Global University, formerly known as University College London, also holds records showing that Hamilton Brown "was instrumental in the importing of several hundred labourers and their families from Ireland to Jamaica between 1835 and 1840." These official records further indicate that Brown was a "major attorney," just like Kamala, and "resident slave-owner in Jamaica." These facts, it turns out, are not refuted by Snopes, which has categorized them as "true." In other words, Kamala's ancestors went to Jamaica specifically to set up large sugar plantations, which they then ran using unpaid slave labor. And in the process, Kamala's ancestors, and later Kamala herself, acquired gobs of wealth on the backs of these slaves, proving that she is a beneficiary of systemic racism. Since the trend among today's leftists, many of whom are planning to pull the lever for Kamala this November, is to tear down all statues and relics of historical figures who owned slaves or even just existed during a time when slavery was accepted as normal, one wonders how this news about Kamala will impact the left's opinions of Kamala. "[This] matters because people who support Kamala and her party are the very same people tearing down historical places over slavery and demanding reparations," wrote one Great Game India commenter. "Kamala Harris' personal record on punishing black criminals is very tough. She literally is accused of keeping black people in prison longer than necessary to provide labor for the state." For more related news about the deception of Kamala Harris, be sure to check out Deception.news. Sources for this article include: GreatGameIndia.com NaturalNews.com

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• http://www.jamaicanfamilysearch.com/Members/slavereg.htm

EXCERPTS FROM THE SLAVE REGISTERS

NATIONAL ARCHIVES, LONDON

CONTRIBUTED by Jeanne A. Smith, MD

The National Archives in London, (also known as the Public Record Office), is the repository for numerous records concerning the West Indies, and Jamaica in particular. These records include wills, manumissions, correspondence, proclamations, slave registers and other transactions. I had the opportunity recently to visit the archives and review a small portion of the myriad records which they have. My interest was in tracing my ancestors back to the slavery days thus I was particularly interested in the Slave registers (T71 series).

I also looked at the Colonial Office correspondence related to apprenticeships, (the compulsory period of service which followed the abolition of slavery in 1834) and found in CO137/231-232 a series entitled “Despatches Apprentices 1838". The proclamation which follows advises the former slaves that the period of apprenticeship would end in 1838 instead of 1840. Readers of the history of slavery in the West Indies know that many of the islands did not enforce the requirement for an apprenticeship, considering it impractical and unenforceable. The Jamaican planters insisted on an apprenticeship period, but soon discovered that it was unmanageable, and thus the legislation to end the apprenticeship in August 1838, although one would never know from this proclamation that there had been any problems1.

A complete catalogue of Public Record Office holdings, plus information on getting to and using this wonderful facility can be found at www.PRO.gov.uk

1 Hart Richard, Slaves who Abolished Slavery, Blacks in Rebellion University of the West Indies Press 1985

JAMAICA, ss

A P R O C L A M A T I O N

By his Excellency Sir LIONEL SMITH, Knight commander of the most honorable military order of the Bath, Knight grand cross of the Royal Hanoverian order, a Lieutenant-General in her Majesty's land forces, and Colonel of the Fortieth Regiment of Foot, Captain-General, Governor-in-chief, and Commander of the forces in and over Her Majesty's Island of Jamaica, and other territories thereon depending in America, Chancellor and Vice-Admiral of the same.

PRAEDIAL APPRENTICES

IN a few days more you will all become FREE LABOURERS the legislature of the island having relinquished the remaining two years of your apprenticeship

The 1st of August next is the happy day when you will become free under the same laws as other freemen whether white, black or coloured.

I, your GOVERNOR give you joy of this great blessing.

Remember that in freedom you will have to depend on your own exertions for your livelihood, and to maintain and bring up your families, You will work for such wages as you can agree upon with your employers.

It is their interest to treat you fairly

It is your interest to be civil, respectful, and industrious.

Where you can agree and continue happy with your old masters, I strongly recommend you to remain on those properties on which you have been born, and where your parents are buried.

But you must not mistake, in supposing that your present houses, gardens, or provision grounds, are your own property

They belong to the proprietors of the estates, and you will have to pay rent for them in money or labor, according as you and your employers may agree together.

Idle people who will not take employment, but go wandering about the country, will be taken up as vagrants, and punished in the same manner as they are in England.

The ministers of religion have been kind friends to you; listen to them; they will keep you out of troubles and difficulties.

Recollect what is expected of you by the people of England, who have paid such a large price for your liberty.

They not only expect that you will behave yourselves as THE QUEEN'S good Subjects, by obeying the laws, as I am happy to say you always have done as apprentices; but that the prosperity of the island will be increased by your willing labour greatly beyond what it ever was in slavery. Be honest towards all men; Be kind to your wives and children spare your wives from heavy field work as much as you can; make them attend to their duties at home, in bringing up your children, and in taking care of your stock;above all, make your children attend divine service and school.

If you follow this advice, you will, under God's blessing be happy and prosperous.

Given under my hand and seal at arms, at St Jago de La Vega, this ninth day of July in the First year of her majesty's reign, Annoque Domini, 1838

LIONEL SMITH

By his Excellency's command

C. H. DARLING, Sec

The British Parliament abolished the slave trade in 18072. But soon recognized that transport of slaves from Africa to the Americas was still continuing. In an effort to enforce the prohibition on importation/purchase of new slaves, the slave registration system was devised. Beginning in 1817 plantation owners were required to list by name, color, age, place of birth all slaves on their plantation3. In subsequent years, (1823, 1826, 1829, 1832 and 1834), the reports consisted mainly of births, deaths, runaways and manumissions.

Unfortunately, most registers which I have seen list the vast majority of slaves by a single (first) name only, do not recognize marriages at all, and give mother's name (never father's) only for children. Generally, surnames do not appear and must have been obtained only when freedom, or perhaps baptism occurred. African refers to born in Africa, and creole refers to born in Jamaica. In the colour column, most individuals are listed as Negro, or Black. There are a few Mulattos,and Sambos. The other categories (Octaroon, Quadroon, etc.) do not appear to have been used much, if at all.

These records are difficult to use by themselves. But if used together with manumission records, early baptism and marriage records, other records, and even the wills of plantation owners it may be possible to find some of one's ancestors.

The four slave registers which follow are for the year 1817 for plantations in the parish of Saint Ann owned by Hamilton Brown (2), Sarah Duncan (1), and Angus Campbell (1). Hamilton Brown owned several plantations over the years 1817 to about 1845. According to the 1818 Almanac which can be found on this site, (Jamaican Family Search) , he was the owner of Minard (128 slaves) which he must have acquired from its previous owner (John Bailie) in 1815 or later. The number of slaves on this estate approximates the number of slaves in one of the registers attributed to his ownership (124 slaves). The other register (86 slaves) cannot be assigned to any estate, although he is listed in Almanacs for subsequent years as owning several, (Antrim, Grier Park, Colliston, Little River, Retirement and Unity Valley).

Angus Campbell owned Lime-Tree Garden with James Campbell according to the 1809 Almanac. By the time of publication of the 1815 Almanac James had died and Angus is listed as having 39 slaves.

This fits well with the 1817 slave register report which lists 40 slaves. He apparently dies by 1818 when the Almanac lists his estate as including another piece of property, Cottage, with 15 slaves.

All four returns were found in T71/43

An index to the returns is in T71/43

2 Williams, Eric, "From Columbus to Castro The History of the Carribean." Random House, New York, 1970

3Grannum, Guy, "Tracing Your West Indian Ancestors." Public Record Office, Kew, Surrey, London, 2002

Excerpts from Jamaican Slave Registers at PRO
  • Who believes Snopes?

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

RichRaelian liked AlternateEarth's discussion 37 Underground Cities
9 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"✌🏻✡️Palestinian propagandists in Gaza, EXPOSED.......🤫Of course, as everyone here knows, I'm backing Israel in this conflict, but truly, those who back Hamas and the Gazan propagandists, must have ideologically illogical blinkers, pressed over their…"
12 hours ago
rev.joshua skirvin posted a blog post
The Khazarian mafia is planning a holocaust or mass murder event for the US Christian heartland on April 8th. The entire April 8th solar eclipse event has been forensically traced to the (kill 90% of humanity and enslave the rest) Chabad death…
13 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything health related
"Good video that Drekx posted on the comment wall so bringing it over to the health page. This gets into the dangers of Seed Oils. https://youtu.be/hTYTC62RCqM?si=q3WpPChIQlUnhHEW"
15 hours ago
"Thanks friend much appreciated :)"
16 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Always feel free to add any vids of mine, to your discussion...Cheers, Drekx"
16 hours ago
More…