Good Food Blog

πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸ₯¦Β 

This topic is for everyone who is on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle and tries to find out what type of food or diet works for them.Β 

Feel free to share your own experiences. Feel free to share food and health tips, interesting articles, educational videos and awesome recipes.Β 

But please no shaming of people who are too thin/fat/vegan/non-vegan etc.Β 

🧚 May the Good Food Fairies be with us! πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

🌴πŸ₯₯🍊🌴πŸ₯₯πŸ‹πŸŒ΄πŸ₯₯🍊🌴πŸ₯₯πŸ‹πŸŒ΄πŸ₯₯🍊🌴πŸ₯₯πŸ‹πŸŒ΄Β 

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes I find that if I'm fully satiated, with saturated fats I can fast longer...There are fats we can add to all the things already mentioned, to aid us in prolonging the fast....(I do a 21-hour fast.) And from my experiences I can recommend foods such as clotted cream....I add this to my meal, as a follow up "desert." Fats and saturated fats are abundant in a particular clotted cream (whipping cream) I buy, which is an old "classic Cornish" recipe, they make in Cornwall, dating back to 1890...So no additives, etc...Just the real stuff...The make is "Rodda's." Not certain if you can get it in NL...But maybe...

I'll have a few scoops and it does allow a good prolonged fast, without any food cravings, between meals....It's also useful if you reach your ideal weight and don't want to lose any more weight, through fat burning your own fat...I have a very small amount of body fat now and by adding fats in this way, can keep burning fats in food...as energy...So you not only feel satiated, but also have great ketone energy levels....πŸ˜‹
      • I used Dr. Berg’s Keto calculator. Because I want to gain weight would it be better to use more protein for now than I’m eating on a daily basis instead of increasing fats? It seems easier to add an extra egg here and there than to figure out which oils/fats I like.

πŸ’‘ An extra egg a day keeps the carbs away πŸ₯š

I was already thinking about what types of yoghurt/creams would work in a low carb/keto diet. It may take a while until I get to the 70% fat level.

This is what Dr. Berg’s calculator recommends me. Although I currently eat way more carbs.

- Daily Calories: 1451
        - Fat/Cal: 1204
        - Fats/Grams: 134
        - Carbs/Cal: 100
        - Carbs/Grams: 25
        - Proteins/Cal: 147
        - Proteins/Grams: 37
        • Yes, if you do some workouts with weights, while eating a couple of eggs a day, you can gain the more dense muscle weight..If you don't like weights, then intensive interval training, can help with legs...I like sprinting up hill, a clifftop with stone steps, while I carry weights in a back pack....My legs are very muscular, from years of training, including cycling.....But methods of building muscle will vary from person to person, sex to sex...

Maybe have a look at Berg's vid on intense interval training, using a step, or elevated platform, in which you jump up and down, intensively and then take a break, to recover....It will add muscle density and it's good for bone density, also....
  • What I learned so far:
    - Low: sugar, carbs and starch
    - High: saturated fat
    - Moderate: protein/dairy

This needs to be balanced. I read somewhere that we shouldn’t eat more than 50 grams of carbs a day. The amount of protein and dairy differs from website to website.

I will focus on more fats. Olive oil and coconut oil, got that. I don’t use real butter, but I will get it. Oh and French cheese, but not on πŸ₯–
    • Yes, it's a strange thing when we start keto, as we find ourselves needing to deprogram our minds, from the medical orthodoxy of so-called "expert nutritionists." So fats, fats and more fats are good for you and don't make you fat, they make you slim....And the carbs, to excess, make you fat...

When you start eating butter, which should be the grass-fed type, which you should check on the label, you might find yourself trying a bit, hesitatingly and not going further, but you do need a good dollop....I scoop out a good amount, each meal and eat directly...on a spoon...You could add it to coffee, also...Same with coconut oil....A good dollop....on a spoon....πŸ˜‹

Same with salt, we have been programed to limit it, thinking it causes HBP, but it does not, if balanced with potassium....2:1 ratio, more potassium, less salt...K+:Na- But the salt can easily total a teaspoon a day....Depends on the season and how much exercise being conducted...In winter I use a flat spoon, in summer I heap it a bit...
      Don't use table salt, but do use pink Himalayan sea salt....or a quality sea salt, of your choice....I like the Himalayas, because of it's associations with the Wesak festival, of the Ascended Masters..πŸ˜‡

I cook in olive oil, as I said earlier, but it must be a good single-source brand, from a country where they value quality...Such as family run businesses, in Italy...You should go for 100% Italian, extra virgin olive oil.
      If you check a brand, noting that most are fake olive oil, it should have a grassy taste, with a bit of a kick, like pepper, at the back of the throat...and on the tongue....The majority of olive oils are fake compilations, made from multiple countries....The brand I use currently, which is the real deal, is Filippo Berio...100% Italian...It's fab...πŸ˜‹ I use it for frying bacon and eggs, etc, but I also have a couple of spoons, a day, and add to salads....
      • Olive oil for cooking, okay. Not sure about eating it directly. Maybe mixed with vegs or some kind of food dip.

The salt can be mixed in meals, soups and nuts can be salted too. I have sea salt, the pink Himalyan was out of stock.

What is the reason for low protein in the Keto diet? I really like 🍳 I don’t eat them daily, but they fill me up. I don’t have to lose weight, I actually should gain about 5+ kg.

More fats, less carbs, I go for that. I’m not planning to panic about carbs, but I will add more fats and fresh food πŸ˜‡
        • That's the way, take it in stages and branch out, as and when....One correction though, is that the protein should be moderate, rather than low......This relates to the possibility of overloading the kidneys and liver, processing excess amounts, if you ate a large amount....The way to tell, if too much protein, is if your urine (yuck, I know) becomes frothy, then you may be eating to much...

So eat well, even on the OMAD I do, I get a good amount each day......But moderate.....Not low protein....The ideal amino acids can be gleaned from free-range, pasture raised chickens...I have a local farm who supplies really good quality eggs....Always better than supermarket eggs...Try the small outlets for quality eggs, at green groucers, small shops....
          Berg has them every day, but I alternate my proteins, so a couple of eggs, one day, oily fish, such as salmon, or sardines, the next, ham, bacon, beef, etc, etc....And of course, all the veg, as well..
          • So adagio moderato on the proteins 🎢

I don’t eat much meat, I find it heavy to digest. But softer meats in a stew or chicken (soup) sounds good to me. Or thinly sliced on a carby sandwich πŸ˜‰

Dr. Berg eats hamburgers, not the Mac version. I may actually like that occasionally, even without a sandwich.

My local bakery sells low carb bread. I may try that next time.
      • I have a small jar of organic coconut oil which I have been using for dry hands and skin in the winter. I tried all sorts of organic herbs, teas and oils to deal with dry skin and unruly hair πŸ˜„

Last week I bought a larger jar of organic cold-pressed coconut oil for my let’s-eat-more-healthy experiment.

Now comes the magic. This weekend I ate two teaspoons of coconut oil daily. And my skin starts to feel smoother. Also, I have more energy and less achy muscles in the morning.

I’m used to pick the raw/organic/virgin version when available and affordable. Most stores nearby don’t sell organic food, so I occasionally order it online. I really prefer organic fruits and vegs, but I need to walk a couple of extra miles to get it.
        • Ah, Movella can fill you in on such topical applications...She has a degree in beauty therapy....As well as accountancy....
          Hehe...What a combination...πŸ˜„

But, if you would like a tip on dry skin and hair, from the keto perspective I would recommend any food with zinc in it, as especially good for skin...Also, in the winter eat more eggs, maybe a couple per day...You will notice that your hair and skin gets really nice and supple....
          But indeed, coconut oil has made a difference, so highly recommended...
          Another thing to remember about achy muscles and joints, is that they can be prevented by regular cod liver oil and butter, in the diet...Or good D3 and K2 rich food sources...Calcium gets mobilised from soft tissues, like joints, into the blood and from there, into bones and teeth...where needed....Salmon and sardines are great for the diet, certainly every week...
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGSΒ Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnellΒ THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSIONΒ Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher SelfΒ These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGSΒ Β Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnellΒ YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITYΒ Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher SelfΒ These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
50 minutes ago
Krishna Kalki replied to Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
"Like I stated before …Beings on this planet spent billions on looking for other planets and trillions on destroying their own planet ..one big danger is nuclear arms which the extraterrestrials are warning us as they have seen beings bestroying…"
1 hour ago
Agarther Z posted a discussion
"Sorry, we didn't know it was invisible." The retired colonel of the Air Force of the SR Yugoslavia, Zoltan Dani, who was at the head of the unit that shot down the American F-117 stealth plane on March 27, 1999, together with his comrades…
1 hour ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
1 hour ago
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
1 hour ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
1 hour ago
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=A6vimHDSrlXiR1lo"
2 hours ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=3LFrjz3AwIc4s3SD"
2 hours ago
More…