8111171859?profile=original

Ditching the grind of modern living to go and live off the grid has been a flourishing movement in the United States for some years now. Now it appears that the movement might be spreading to the United Kingdom. The poster boy for the British flight to the countryside is Kris Harbour who explains how he kissed goodbye to life in London for a £4000 cabin in the Welsh countryside.

Kris was living a life that will sound familiar to many people. He left school at the age of sixteen to enter the workforce. His days were consumed with working to pay the bills and his nights were spent wondering if he would ever have the time or the energy to do anything that made him happy. “It was kind of unfulfilling, ” he explained, “and I felt like I didn't have enough time to do all the different things I wanted to do. I never had time to do them, or I was too tired even if I did have time, and over the years it made me very unhappy.”

8111171093?profile=original

Quite by chance, Kris stumbled on a way out when he was browsing eBay and saw an 18.5-acre plot of land in South Wales for sale. Kris immediately decided to take the plunge. He bought the land, quit his job, sold off his assets and set off for Wales.

Kris would spend the next eighteen months traveling to and from Wales to build his house which is where his experience in engineering really paid off. “I think the building is made of about maybe 90% of either natural, recycled or found materials, ” he explained, “There is some foam installation that isn't natural in the roof. Then just things like screws, some pipes and fittings and things like that.” Kris used his engineering skills to power the home entirely by hydro and solar energy meaning that he can use electricity, gas and even the internet just as he would in any other house.

ŷ8111171889?profile=original

Despite the fact that Kris’s newly constructed little ‘hobbit house’ is a kilometer from his nearest neighbors he says that he does not miss the hubbub of the city and has become very comfortable with the peace and quiet of his new environment.

One other thing he definitely doesn’t miss is the financial pressures that came along with living in the capital city. “At one point I had two mortgages which I think totaled nearly £400,000, I had a car, and all the bills and mortgages, electric, water, internet, TV licenses, insurances, ” he said. “I earned good money, but everything just went, everyone had their hand in my pocket until there was nothing left. Even though I don't earn much now, I probably have more money now then I did then.”

8111172064?profile=original

All in all, Kris has absolutely no regrets about his dramatic flight to the wilderness. “My life is hundreds of times richer now. I feel more fulfilled and happier than I have ever been before. Someone asked me, what age would you go back to if you could go back to any age? And I thought, I probably wouldn't go back, not even a month. Right now, I'm the happiest I've ever been.”

Perhaps Kris’s overwhelmingly positive experience with his decision to move off the grid will encourage other Brits to take the plunge? Only time will tell.

8111171689?profile=original

8111172258?profile=original

8111172258?profile=original

8111172458?profile=original

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow amazing and wonderful ! We all want to follow. ;)

• Dont know how long he's lived in Whales for it dosnt say.. cool pad..but wait till winter rolls in and it snows & blocks all roads in and out of his place, I hope he has planned for that,got his water & wood supply stocked & sealed etc... cos snow can get rather deep,when I was there it dropped to -15degree  & bitter winds and the snow was as much as 80cm deep,you sunk into it up to your waiste lol....not that pleasant.. but Wales is a lovely place reminds me of South Island New Zealand very much.

• He is an engineer so he has probably well prepared for the winter 

• Yes I hope he is well prepared and dosnt get cut off from people..cos if people dont know your there they wont come looking for you and endanger their own lives in the process,it can get real bad in winter there,much like Norway or Iceland even.. bitterly cold..icicles on the lip kinda stuff..

• Whose a happy man then ?

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1511

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes indeed Movella and more of it to come :)"
1 hour ago
Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"Thanks Justin, it’s great to see the truth being exposed.👌🏼"
3 hours ago
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
4 hours ago
Krishna Kalki replied to Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
"Like I stated before …Beings on this planet spent billions on looking for other planets and trillions on destroying their own planet ..one big danger is nuclear arms which the extraterrestrials are warning us as they have seen beings bestroying…"
4 hours ago
Agarther Z posted a discussion
"Sorry, we didn't know it was invisible." The retired colonel of the Air Force of the SR Yugoslavia, Zoltan Dani, who was at the head of the unit that shot down the American F-117 stealth plane on March 27, 1999, together with his comrades…
4 hours ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
5 hours ago
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
5 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
5 hours ago
More…