I find myself in a situation where I am questioning my own beliefs, and have yet to figure out where I want to stand on this topic, or how to feel about it. I was curios what people here had to say on the topic.

Before I explain my own thoughts and feelings I'd like to start with the question, or concept, that I am battling with.

How important are emotions? How important is the practical stuff? Anyone find it hard finding a balance between the two? Or anyone finding themselves under attack for being more about the emotions than the average joe? I'm sure there are a bunch of other things to say about this topic, so please do share what you have to say.

Greetings, from a thoughtful Joneya

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You would find me in those parts of the woods to.
  • Hmm, big questions, which I am still trying to figure out the answers to!

Like Gariga, I can be both analytical and emotional.

For me, there is a difference between feelings and emotions. To me, feelings are quiet and intuitive, and they give me guidance as to how to approach a situation. I pay close attention to my feelings, and I really do trust my intuition above all else.

On the other hand, emotions are often just the predictable result of particular thoughts and thinking patterns. I pay attention to my emotions to the extent that they help me identify my own thinking patterns, and negative emotions show me that I am looking at things in a negative way. Ongoing negative emotions suggest that I may need to take action to change my situation somehow.

Having said that, I know that it's not that simple, and sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint where the emotions are coming from. Sometimes our thinking/emotional patterns are so ingrained that we are not even aware of how we are being triggered, as this occurs on a subconscious level rather than consciously.

In summary, I think emotions can provide important feedback on what needs changing in ourselves and our lives, but are not important in themselves. On the other hand, I think intuitive feelings are VERY important, and can help us in very practical ways in our lives.

I think we often get caught up in the emotions themselves instead of focusing on what they are telling us.
    • Wow - that totally explained the duality and conflict I've been struggling with. How did you know..?

What I came across was this "fact" that emotional people (ie. me) often use emotions as an excuse - while logical/rational people just plow through things in a way that I "can't". This person that made me think about all of this is a man. I admire him, he has a great deal of strength - a kind of strength that I lack and that I admire. But it is combined with this lack of empathy. I guess I'm wishing there was a good golden path, but in the end, both ways are good in their own way. He is strong through being cold - he has a hard time with others being emotional though. At first, I wanted to hate him for it, but with time I've come to realize that I think there is something to his approach. It's hard though - I was raised to always listen to what I was feeling and honor those feelings. Now I see someone who doesn't do it, and is strong through it.
      • I have some female friends who are very sensitive and more emotional than me, but at the same time they are some of the strongest people I know, and I have a huge amount of admiration for them. I have seen the negative side of them being overly sensitive, but I have also seen that when they have gained mastery over their emotions, it seems to give them amazing personal power. They are forces to be reckoned with!
      • Merryn, I applaud you for your excellent explanation. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the difference in "feelings" and emotions. I believe that emotions are the result of our thinking and that our "feelings" are the intuition.

I was forced to suppress a lot of emotion when a child: My dad called me a cry baby, my mother was always telling me to control my temper. So, a couple of years ago, I decided I would not suppress any of my emotions again, so, i've had a considerable amount of "emotional barfing" to do. However, it's very freeing and cleansing.

Speaking for myself, I have a rather dual nature, in that I can be super practical/logical/analytical, but, am also very sensitive and emotional. I feel that part of our personalities has to do with our conditioning and a part of it our social mores into which we've tried to fit.
        • I am chuckling loudly at "emotional barfing". Wow that is expressive. I have done a lot of that.

I totally love the insight that Merryn has and wonderful explanation. Well said, both of you, actually all of you who have responded. Great topic.
This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1528

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Justin, that Berg video you posted below, is a good one, but lacks data covering the subject of intra-cellular melatonin, which can be triggered when exposed to near infra-red wavelengths, of solar radiation....which are a major percentage of sun…"
1 hour ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
Very true 
7 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
9 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
9 hours ago
Infinity liked CoMdr * LightSpeed *'s discussion The Grays Hidden Agenda Revealed! in ASHTAR Cáfe
15 hours ago
RichRaelian liked rev.joshua skirvin's blog post Benjamin Fulford Report: Iran Attacks Israel, Brought to You by Coca Cola, Vanguard and BlackRock; By Benjamin Fulford.
15 hours ago
RichRaelian liked AlternateEarth's discussion I'm Pansexual, and Here's What I Want You to Know
15 hours ago
motherbg liked rev.joshua skirvin's blog post High Strangeness the Order of the Day [videos] Shit’s About to Get Real ! Episode 1 : Starship Earth; The Big Picture
16 hours ago
More…