Capricorn 2015: Christmas Solstice, Time

“When Christ proclaimed, along with all world Saviours and Sun-Gods, that He was the Light of the worlds, He inaugurated a marvellous period in which humanity has been widely and universally enlightened.  This period dates from Christmas Day, two thousand years ago, in Palestine. That was the greatest of all Christmas Days and its emanating influence was more potent than was any previous arrival of a Bearer of Light, because humanity was more ready for the light.”1

The Christmas Solstice
Transcending Time Through Meditation
The Solstice and Initiation
Mithras as Christ in Ancient Times
Analysis of the Mithras Figure
Resumption of the Origins Odyssey

The Christmas Solstice
equinox
This year the Capricorn full moon period occurs on Christmas Day, which is always the third and final day of the winter solstice. The entire period from 22-25 December is when the “Sun stands still” (sol-stice) but especially when it culminates at the full moon. The full moon meditative “approach” is a few days beforehand, and this year it starts right on the solstice.

The December solstice is a time of deep inner reflection at this darkest time of the year. The Earth is oriented to the north pole-star Polaris, hence, the symbolism of the northern hemisphere seasons is most apt for the four points of the cardinal cross – the solstices and equinoxes – Aries-Libra, Cancer Capricorn.

cabin2The symbolism of a remote cabin, warm and lit within is a good metaphor for Cancer-Capricorn and the radiant heart: Cancer – “I build a lighted house and therein dwell” – and Capricorn, “Lost am I in light supernal and on that light I turn my back.” The stillness and quiet of the wilderness, a perfect place of reflection, to ponder upon the soul of all things.

The conscious server dwells not in the light but draws upon its nurturing force, utilising it in service. Most of us do not have that ideal physical place, but it can be built through regular meditation, building within the heart a permanent abode of refuge and sustenance.

Transcending Time Through Meditation

It is at the solstice where opportunity arises to transcend Time, due to the astronomical illusion created by the Sun seeming to “stand still” – or rise in the same place for three consecutive days. Time is ruled by Saturn, the Lord of Karma and Cycles – also intimately associated with astrology. Solstices and Equinoxes are doorways to the Eternal Now and the key to pass through is meditation.

Sun-Path

Time is illusory, yet it is a Saturnian structure which has been invented to create an synchronistic order for all. However, living by “tick-tock” time can keep one unnecessarily plugged into the maya of the outer world. In order to survive, everyone must conform to time – but somehow evade becoming a subservient slave to it.

Hence, during the busy-ness of Christmas when the year is coming to a close, the solstices are an opportunity to take pause for reflection, to transcend the outer form of time (often during a holy-day break), and reach back to the soul’s source. This is a somewhat paradoxical notion, given that Capricorn is such a deeply materialistic sign, yet it is also spiritually one of the most powerful signs – the tenacious Goat perseveringly picks and plods its way to success upon the summit of the mountain.

It is difficult for many in the busy Western world to meditate, to “make time” to transcend outer time and reach the goal of “no time”. We innately know that time is an illusion, through dream experiences that might take place within a few short seconds, but will take fifteen minutes to relate to someone or to write down. Likewise, in true meditation, time is transcended. One uses an active and applied Saturnian mental discipline, to the point where it can be released to passively absorb the higher intuition.

capgoats2Hence, Capricorn receives the visioning, dreaming nature of the previous sign Sagittarius, moulding and manifesting it into a concrete structure; this is Capricorn’s forté and why it is so successful in the material world – as the boss of a company, a manager of resources and money etc. Capricorn is an “Executive” in the material or spiritual world. Also, in Sagittarius essential principles and philosophies are encoded and manifested into earthly laws in Capricorn.

Capricorn also taps into Neptune as the esoteric ruler of its opposite sign Cancer – in terms of this visioning process. Visualisation is a key to meditation, engaging the “feminine” imagination to blend with the “masculine” mind – here is where the true higher tantra takes place. Neptune is deeply related to Capricorn esoterically (as described in anothernewsletter). In Western Esotericism, one of the names of The Christ is Neptune – and His message is celebrated at Christmas: Goodwill to all (wo) men, kindness, giving, sharing.

In Capricorn, the Cancer polarity is bought into play through family reunion, affirmation of the family unit (Cancer) that works within the state or nation (Capricorn). New Year’s resolutions are made in Capricorn for the year ahead – but probably have their origin in Sagittarius – they simply take on a more concrete, less nebulous form in Capricorn.

sar2nos

Sarcophagus, Kings Chamber, Great Pyramid, Egypt.

These Christmas traditions transcend all religions and are important to keep enunciating, so that Humanity is not completely drowned by the tsunami of materialism that has surrounded Christmas for many decades.

The Solstice and Initiation
In ancient Egypt the candidate for initiation was “raised from dead to life”, the basis for the sarcophagus ritual. The candidate’s body was left in the sarcophagus whilst s/he was led through the subtle worlds by the guiding Hierophant. This three-day “transition” period is also symbolic of the Third Initiation (the transfiguration), where the mental body demonstrates complete control over the three-fold personality.

Though not many souls have reached this point of unfoldment, it remains the immediate goal for advanced humanity in the imminent Aquarian cycle. Capricorn is a sign of mental energy, with the rays of will – 1, 3, 5, 7 associated. Although Capricorn is connected to Initiation in general, it has a particular affinity to the Third Initiation, the third ray of Active-Intelligence and the third chakra, the throat, seat of the mental body.

sarcop

Thoth with candidate for initiation.

The darkest depths of winter heralding the increasing light as the Sun heads  toward Aries, is a profound symbol of initiation into the Mysteries. Every atom of matter in the soil and atmosphere contains that light. Humanity’s perennial search for light is the “goat who seeks the green”, the search for the soul, the true “home”. Capricorn represents the birth of the Christ in the cave of the heart – nine months after His “conception” in Aries –  a sign where the Sun is exalted and the festival that celebrates Christ’s resurrection.

Please continue reading here:

http://esotericastrologer.org/newsletters/capricorn-2015-christmas-solstice-time-mithras-initiation-origins-odyssey/

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•     When i am in the company of Carpicorns  i always notice their sense of humor but can also be responsible,serious,determinded , disciplined , focused , ambitious , goal - oriented , over - achieving , ..Centered of the bodyt is the knees . .. key motivation is : Success , executive position ,respect, edherence to sturcture and traditon, organizing systems , ,not giving up. On the bright side Capricorns tend to a good sense of humor and they can take a joke and a hint .Many celebries like Elivs Presley,Jack Lord,Howard Huges lived reclusives lives in later years and were never seen in public again ..Since my brother is born under the sign Capricorn he matches most of the charactoristics of this sign .i notice that Capricorns tend to be old souls and they often identify with the old rather than the new and in their youth they ten to be more mature and sometimes they are forced to take responsiblities and as a result karma can be a previous actions of positive and negative,from this life time and foreward .Capricorn is a very complex sign,prone to extremes like Scorpio,because when Capricorns are up they are up and they are down they are down.Capricorns do not go to the extent that Scorpio in terms of going from the phoenix to the ashes ,but Capricorns do suffer from depressive states that inhibit their ability of fully function until they find a group to lead, a country to run ,or a lot of hard work to do .Then no one is more powerful .Many reowned teachers,and reformers,people with strong ,and serious missions have been Capricorns ,including Jesus Christ,Martin Luther King , Josef Stalin ,Anwar Sadat , and Gamal Abdel Nasser , to name a few .If Capricorns can have a place in the sun ,they will shine .Otherwise ,like the winter solistice that they usher in ,they can be dark and brooding ...

• I guess I'm qualified to talk about Capricorn since I have Saturn in Capricorn. My favorite symbolism of Capricorn is Ebeneezer Scrooge. This best symbolizes Capricorn as a blessing and a curse at the same time. Scrooge didn't cut corners or cheat, and he became a success from a business perspective. But Scrooge became a sociophobe as a result of his success, and this would harm him in the years to come (until he was shown the wrongness of his ways by the three ghosts). Capricorn energy can be very harsh and very occult in nature. I personally feel that it's very important to move on once the Capricorn lesson is learned (and the lesson is usually success after much hard work, or much "climbing"). One should teach and share with others ones' valuable life experiences and wealth if one has this sign strong in their chart. Otherwise, you become an assh0le like Scrooge.

Modern day examples of similar Capricorns who showed this sociophobe perspective  (BUT UNLIKE SCROOGE, REFUSED TO CHANGE) include Elvis Presley, Richard Nixon, and Howard Hughes. These men would not change with age and success, and their reputations and legacy would suffer.

Capricorn is the mountain goat that forever tries to climb the mountain of life, and many with this sign strong in their chart do indeed succeed with "getting at the top." Once you get to the top, share your experience and wealth acquired with others. Otherwise you will become an assh0le, and your life story will be forgotten by friends and relatives. 

• Very apt, analysis, Malcolm, thank you :-)  I see the strong will of Capricorn being a strength but as you say, it can be isolating...I notice those guys were surrounded by sycophants, couldn't have helped them stay balanced. 

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1513

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"Footage from only a year ago. Another sighting from our pilots. https://youtu.be/iT9BtWCBbic?si=_jWKp24Qu1SzrIjT"
26 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Footage from only a year ago. Another sighting from our pilots. https://youtu.be/iT9BtWCBbic?si=_jWKp24Qu1SzrIjT"
28 minutes ago
Movella replied to AlternateEarth's discussion “Leave the World Behind” movie about a grid down cyber apocalypse was ominously produced by Barack and Michelle Obama
"Yes exactly..😂"
36 minutes ago
Movella replied to AlternateEarth's discussion Weirdness at the Baltimore bridge collapse
"I believe that this was a planned event AE, and Biden is covering for the cabal.."
39 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to AlternateEarth's discussion “Leave the World Behind” movie about a grid down cyber apocalypse was ominously produced by Barack and Michelle Obama
"Yep definitely skip anything those two make. Watching paint dry would probably be more entertaining than anything the Obama's make if we are being honest :P"
42 minutes ago
Movella commented on Movella's blog post Arcturian visitations ✨
"You’re very welcome friend and I’m happy to answer, you always come up with good questions.. Yes, I’m quite certain that you already have a Sirian/soul name, but it will be exciting when it’s revealed to you by your mentor.. ☺️✨"
42 minutes ago
Movella replied to AlternateEarth's discussion “Leave the World Behind” movie about a grid down cyber apocalypse was ominously produced by Barack and Michelle Obama
"😂 I can’t believe these two fools made a movie.. and it’s about a cyber attack taking over the country what a coincidence.. Lol"
46 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to AlternateEarth's discussion “Leave the World Behind” movie about a grid down cyber apocalypse was ominously produced by Barack and Michelle Obama
"Hollywood also made a movie called I.s.s. which is supposed to be about some astronauts being stranded on the I.s.s. while the US and Russia have a nuclear war. These individuals are definitely projecting what they want for the world that's for…"
47 minutes ago
More…