11 March 2011 Last updated at 07:35 GMT

Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

_51632328_51632327.jpg

Click to play

Live coverage from BBC News

Related Stories

A massive earthquake has hit the northeast of Japan triggering a tsunami that has caused extensive damage.

Japanese television showed cars, ships and even buildings being swept away by a vast wall of water after the 8.9 magnitude earthquake.

Officials said there could be a 10m (33ft) wave, with numerous casualties feared.

The quake struck about 250 miles (400km) from Tokyo at a depth of 20 miles, shaking the capital.

The tremor at 1446 local time (0546 GMT) was followed by a series of powerful aftershocks.

Seismologists say it is one of the largest earthquakes to hit Japan for many years.

The tsunami warning was extended to the Philippines, Indonesia and the Pacific coast of Russia.

Tsunami waves hit Japan's Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures, officials said.

Japan's NHK television showed a massive surge of water sweeping away buildings, cars and ships.

The earthquake also triggered a number of fires.

There were also reports of injuries in Tokyo.

Are you in Japan? Have you been affected by the earthquake? Send us your comments using the form below:

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes,, and have been praying now for a few day , i seen this comming , to Japan.. will be praying for all, I feel this is the time of great change , there will be many awkaing , after this day 3-11-2011 will be a new speed of things to come.. but it all must take place .. we know the out come .. but will be in prayer and meditation.. love to all .
  • I just went to Wikipedia and noted that the U.S. air force has aided the nuclear power plant that´s being talked about here.

For the curious please visit wikipedia and search for the name of the power plant.

I seriously suggest that all nuclear power plants operating all over the planet right now be shut down......especially those that can be shut down without any overtly negative consequences happening as a result.

• Russia Today said at 11:30 am

A blast has occurred at the Fukushima No.1 nuclear plant, where authorities have been trying to prevent a meltdown, Japanese media reports. At least four workers have been injured in the Saturday explosion, Kyodo News reports. Local television show images of plumes of smoke above the plant. Fukushima Prefecture official Masato Abe says the cause is still under investigation, and it was unclear whether there was actually an explosion. Earlier there were reports that radiation levels inside the plant have surged to 1.5 times their normal levels after the cooling system failed.

• Asavari we the people of Iceland don´t have nuclear power plants.

Humanity made an insane decision to permit nuclear power plants to run as houses designed to keep power from being used in this manner , just like the dumbass hydraulic power plants , designed to prevent rivers from being able to produce electricity naturally.

• Bernard's Star,

What is prayer??? Pray tell me!!

Don't we still pray to God, and hope that s/he forgive us for the supposed wrong that we do?

IMO there is nothing wrong in hoping that some higher powers are doing their best to avert the mistakes of the mankind.

Bernard's star, I come from a country whose govt. is full of corrupt politicians and has seemingly forgotten our roots and traditions and is aping the west to its own extinction. All we can do is pray and hope that what's best for our motherland happens.

-

with intent,

much love, light and laughter,

Asavari.

• or simply ´ye´shua´, or ´ye - sun´which would be an older english term for........you guessed right , the Sun!
    • Amazing..........

The Christians here in India have been calling Jesus - Yeshu in the vernacular languages. Did not know the meaning though. Thanks for the revelation.

-

with intent,

much love, light and laughter,

Asavari.

• and as in Jesus - JESUN.......
  • Asavari I seriously suggest people stop hoping after ´Ashtar´and ´Jesus´, etc. to do something.

The Sun stays up there and that´s that.......it´s mostly sun symbolism.

Sananda is related to the word Sun - i.e. Sananda or SUNanda.......

• my theory? The planet is beginning to shift from the middle.

It is expanding.

So naturally earthquakes are occuring everywhere.

What if it is possible that there will be more quakes coming that also hit the U.S. and finally Iceland?

If that´s possible we´re probably talking about one big quake.........not just the one in Japan , but a big earthuake that´s affecting the Atlantic Ridge......

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1528

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 738

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info.