Bring a bit of nature into your living space — and purify your air.

Bringing a bit of nature into your home does more than brighten the atmosphere. Introducing houseplants into various rooms in the house can help reduce the chance of getting seasonal sicknesses (such as the common cold), remove airborne contaminants (volatile organic compounds [or VOCs]), reduce the chance of headaches, lift your mood, decrease your blood pressure, reduce allergies, improve sleep and much more.

The 20 plants listed below are specifically known for their air purifying properties. And while an open window may feel like all the fresh air you need, did you know that everything from toilet paper to common household cleaners can contain chemicals and release toxins like formaldehyde? Or that VOCs like benzene can be released into the air by everything from the paint on your walls, to the printed material found in your home?

So why not breathe a bit easier and enjoy the beauty of a new houseplant at the same time?

(All plants listed will clear CO2 and may clear more VOCs than noted.)

1. Golden pothos (Scindapsus aures): Clears formaldehyde and other VOCs.

(image: Chayatorn Laorattanavech/Shutterstock.com)

2. Ficus alii (Ficus maeleilandii alii): Good general air purifier.

(image: Marco Rullkoetter/Shutterstock.com)

3. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum): Clears benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and xylene.

(image: Moolkum/Shutterstock.com)

4. Lady Palm (Rhapis Excelsa): Good general air purifier.

(image: Eric in SF/Wikimedia Commons)

5. Snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata ‘Laurentii’): Clears formaldehyde.

(image: Adisa/Shutterstock.com)

6. Aloe: Clears formaldehyde and benzene.

(image: shaziafolio/Shutterstock.com)

7. Moth Orchid (Phalaenopsis): Clears formaldehyde.

(image: Kri3X/Shutterstock.com)

8. Dwarf/Pygmy Date Palm (Phoenix roebelenii): Clears formaldehyde and xylene.

(image: somyot pattana/Shutterstock.com)

9. Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema Crispum ‘Deborah’): Clears air pollutants and toxins.

(image: Forest & Kim Starr/Wikimedia Commons)

10. Chrysanthemum (Chrysantheium morifolium): Clears benzene.

(image: happykamill/Shutterstock.com)

11. Gerber daisy (Gerbera jamesonii): Clears trichloroethylene and benzene.

(image: 501room/Shutterstock.com)

12. Red-edged dracaena (Dracaena marginata): Clears xylene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.

(image: Skyprayer2005/Shutterstock.com)

13. Weeping fig (Ficus benjamina): Clears formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene

(image: noppharat/Shutterstock.com)

14. English ivy (Hedera helix): Clears airborne fecal-matter particles.

(image: Tyler McKay/Shutterstock.com)

15. Azalea (Rhododendron simsii): Clears formaldehyde.

(image: Skyprayer2005/Shutterstock.com)

16. Heart leaf philodendron (Philodendron oxycardium): Clears formaldehyde and many other air pollutants.

(image: Wollertz/Shutterstock.com)

17. Warneck dracaena (Dracaena deremensis ‘Warneckii’): Clears pollutants such as those associated with varnishes and oils.

(image: Quang nguyen vinh/Shutterstock.com)

18. Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata Bostoniensis): Clears formaldehyde.

(image: KARI K/Shustterstock.com)

19. Bamboo palm (Chamaedorea sefritzii): Clears benzene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.

(image: Sinngern/Shutterstock.com)

20. Peace lily (Spathiphyllum): Clears formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene, toluene and xylene.

(image: David Pegzlz/Shutterstock.com)

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for sharing  !

• Heehee, I got that... Thank you for reading, Mikail.  The plants are pretty aren't they?

•   yes, i agree Kelly plants clean just about anything  ..The most common  substance i usually  encounter is formaldehyde i smell this substance in clothing stores i know its in spray cans but i noticed within the last few years the industry is phasing out all carcinogenic substance in everything we buy . But Monsanto keeps planting hybrid plants and wind can spread these plants all over the soil and water. Monsanto has planted many of its hybrid plants without telling people what they are and now we have many varieties of these plants all over the place . i remember Monsanto representatives in an interview telling consumers about the climate changes and why they created a tougher variety of plants to survive the harsh conditions without needing so much water but i believe there is some good out there because if remember some organizations collecting  Non - GEM seeds and have kept them in vaults .Monsanto goes back decades i love to take walks out in the forest and parks but i notice we have to protect ourselves against lime disease and the Nile Virus .. I never encountered such things when i was in the forest . i use to pick flowers and my mother use some of these plants to make tea or medicines .Whenever i go under a tree i feel the healing energies there and it provides protection from the sun. When i look at my third eye the first color i see is green ..Thank You for sharing this information Kelly ...

• This reply was deleted.
      • This message is from 2915 and I learn many things about the Sun and its healing qualities and I don't use suntan products never have they one of most poisonous products on the planet. Nature always to our vibrations and frequencies and the sun makes our uplifts our spirits and when one looks at the sun for longer periods it has many colors like the rainbow. Everything in the natural environment has auras I see sometimes see the auras in the upper of the head. A few years ago I came across Emery Smith talking about beings who live on the planet of the sun and he mentions the environment there is more tropical and I from Steve DeWhit' that the planet Venus is another tropical paradise when someone sees tanned off-world beings they are from types of environments.  Helios and Vesta are twin flames?  yes, human DNA has Codes and frequencies. Thank You for sharning Amparo Alvarez.

• Good points, Hellen, you know your stuff... I love that you know the herb lore, what a gift to pass to your family- maybe you could post some info for us?  Would like to hear more about your nature experiences :-)  

• i

• This is in my opinion the best article on Ashtar Command I have read so far. Anything I have written pales in comparison with the scientific and spiritual usefulness of the material presented in this article. Bravo!!!!!! Well accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks alot, Darth Vindex (cool name by the way).  I am going to get some of these plants right away while they are cheap in the summer grow season.  

• Super cleaners!!

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
12 minutes ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
14 minutes ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
18 minutes ago
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=A6vimHDSrlXiR1lo"
37 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=3LFrjz3AwIc4s3SD"
38 minutes ago
Justin89636 replied to Justin89636's discussion Anything Ufo Or Et Related
"Tons of ships here. This was seen down in Mexico in the beginning of 2005. https://youtu.be/PJxlIJXhO90?si=uFGQS8LtS6JRmD-m"
42 minutes ago
"Tons of ships here. This was seen down in Mexico in the beginning of 2005. https://youtu.be/PJxlIJXhO90?si=-GE7ujszySVzdVrM"
44 minutes ago
Justin89636 liked AlternateEarth's discussion Weirdness at the Baltimore bridge collapse
2 hours ago
More…