Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community Network

Don't know who wrote this article in Russian, (I translated roughly to English),  it brought so much nostalgia and a good laugh to me anyway. The good old days and bizarre life in Russia, you got to live it to understand it.

But If you were a child in the 60's, 70's or 80's, looking back, it's hard to believe that we managed to survived till today regardless the country.

Russian childhood life ... and things

As a child, we drove cars without belts and airbags.

Our cribs were painted with bright colors with a high content of lead. There were no secret covers on the medicine bottles, the doors were often not locked, and the lockers were never locked.

We drank water from the column at the corner, and not from plastic bottles. No one could have thought of riding a bicycle with the helmet. Terrible. For hours we made trolleys and scooters from boards and bearings from the landfill, and when we  rushed from the top of the hill down, suddenly remembered that we forgot to attach the brakes. After we drove into the prickly bushes several times, we dealt with this problem.

We left the house in the morning and played all day, returning when the street lights were on, where they were.

The whole day no one  knew where we were. There were no cell phones! It is hard to imagine. We cut our arms and legs, broke bones and beat our teeth, and no one sued anyone. Only we and nobody else were to blame. We fought to the blood and bruises, getting used to not paying attention to it.Our actions were our own. We were ready for the consequences. There was no where to hide.

We ate cakes, ice cream, drank lemonade, but none of us got fat, because we were always outside playing. A few people drank from one bottle, and none of them died. We did not have video game consoles, computers,  satellite TV channels, compact discs, cell phones, the Internet, we flew to watch the cartoon with the whole gang to the nearest house, because there were no videos!

But we had friends. We left the house and found them. We ride on the bikes,  sat on a bench, on a fence or in the schoolyard and chatted about whatever we wanted. When we needed someone, we knocked at the door, ring the bell or just went in and saw them. Remember? Without permission or asking! Alone! What a cruel and dangerous world! Without protection! How did we survive?

We came up with games with sticks and cans, we stole apples in the gardens and ate cherries with the seeds, and the seeds did not germinate in our stomach ... The tooth powder - cleans both the teeth and silver ...  , a see through bag with meat hanging outside the window … that was classic … or public machines with soda water and lemonade. There was only one glass – one for all everyone drank from that glass ... It's was normal! .  Soda was 1 kopeyka, and lemonade 3. Today, no one will ever drink from a common glass! (Plus it will be stolen in five seconds after the machine is installed, exactly three seconds before the machine itself is dragged out ...) And in fact nobody was afraid to catch any infection ... By the way, these glasses were used by local drunkards. And, imagine, you just imagine this - they RETURNED the glass into place in the morning! Can you believe it!

Everyone at least once signed up for football, hockey or volleyball, but not everyone was in the team. Those who did not get in, learned to cope with disappointment. Some students were not as smart as the rest, so they stayed for a second year. Control and examinations were not divided into 10 levels, and the scores included 5 points theoretically, and 3 points actually.

The notion that it is possible to pay off cops or skip the army, almost did not exist. The parents of those years usually took the side of the law, can you imagine !?
This generation has generated a huge number of people who can take risks, solve problems. We had freedom of choice, the right to risk and failure, responsibility, and we somehow just learned to use all this.

If you are one of this generation, I congratulate you. We were lucky that our childhood and youth ended before the cynics bought freedom from young people in return for the videos, mobile phones, a factory of stars and class crunches ... With their common consent ... For their own good ...

Views: 604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me in a past life when I was a nipper.. check out the size of my ears back then:)

your hearing must be phenomenal ... ;)) and the eyes full of wonder ... ahhhh

luke so cute.......

could fly around the block with those ears luke

I've been around the block, many times... believe me.. :)

grwing up in Poland in 60s and 70s was great,  almost everything whats written in above post brought some good ( and bad ) memories...........I got to visit my mom tomorrow to find some old pictures and post it for you guys for a good laugh

..................somehow I feel that those days are long forgotten when innocence actually meant something .it felt as times were much easier  and less stressful...............we actually went out , had some fun in parks or anywhere but home with weird parents and whacked out neighbors. we went our own way , we didn't listen to our parents via texting and phone calls vibrating in our pockets , we were actually missing for hrs before ya motha called where the hell are you.......................days of innocent privacy are gone , long gone................not me in pic

lol ... Michael ... did you make it yourself? ... You look like a trouble maker ... ;))

Also i agree good/fun memories but also some 'sad' ones as well ... simple thing like toilet paper ... we used news paper ... lol ... with less print (as no pictures) i mean it was good reading material ... but 'cave man era' for sure. 

My first camping trip here in Canada came with the shock ... there it was a roll of real toilet paper ... lol ... in the middle of nowhere ... ;))

guess at that time Europe was 'small world' ... for 'famous' people ... ;))

it was indeed..................but I had good time , vacationing in Italy , France , Monte Carlo and Austria when most of my peers where from working class families , wearing state issued clothing and driving cars like Trabant or Fiat or Syrenka  , also issued by the state...........but we still had fun......I was first one in my hood who had a skateboard , which my friends tried more to ride than me , and of course all the bruises we got doing that . those were the  times , like everyday , you told your parents you are going out ( for hrs ) and no one forced me to answer a text where the hell am I. those where the days when we actually saw our friends daily , chilling in the hood deciding what we gonna do. In those days there were no homeless folks , no hungry people and yet when I arrived in US in '82 the contrast of those with jobs and those without , were all too great. I saw poor people in Italy in '70's and what a shocking scene that was but nothing compared me for what I seens in America , and still do in the richest country in the world. what a despicable shame this country is..................our lives and our children lives are to hectic for them to understand the difference between then and now  ........................on personal level , I am lucky , or I feel lucky that I can handle these changes that occurred in such a fast pace , comparing my childhood and theirs. I still ask my girlfriends kids to help me with cell phone or computer or exbox couse sometimes I am completely lost with this new technology....................

.........ok , here I come with this memory lane of growing up...........put on your seat belt Ara , its gonna be fun and full laughter..................

my parents were fun then , not these days anymore I might add. I inherited their energy while I still am young at heart at 52.....................

.......I spend first 9 yrs of my life living in high class resort high up the mountains of Poland. My father was mountain guide and walk them with him.................

.....the Communist Party vacation resort , my parents worked and I grew up.............

..mom the biker chick ......my father was also car racer at the time.............

.my beloved Grannie Bronia , who married 50 yr old limodriver at 18 yrs old in 1946.....she raised me as much as other Grannie , Cecilia , who happened to grow up in French Royal Court . I don't have any pictures of her thou. She sure was interesting old lady. Her and sisters , I remember how they  talked about surviving ww2.............she was the one who took me once to France to meet "them rich folk"..........as I remember I felt alien to them , just like I felt around my family , pretentious , greedy and extremely judgemental against anyone from working class........ 

......I think I am channeling the cool pose ,  with mom , her best friend Eva who passed away few yrs back  and her son .................

....anyways , thanks for letting me vent childhood that I don't talk about too often. It was something I always tried to forget . Main reason for that is that my parents were never around for me grow up with. They were too busy doing their own stuff and me too busy inventing my own reality...............Today is fathers so called special day , and I try not be part of it . I love my parents everyday , no matter how much they were missing from my childhood , I hold no anger against them ..............

RSS

Spiritual Singles Facilitating Conscious Connections

Latest Activity

rev.joshua skirvin replied to the discussion 'Grand alignment of the planets and the arrival of Planet -x; Nibiru on Sept. 23rd to the 30th ! R-U- Ready?'
"Sorry my mistake, I should have typed ''Westerly'' not easterly, 2nd sun…"
9 minutes ago
rev.joshua skirvin commented on the blog post 'The Great Shift Gateway: September 23, 2017'
"Thanks Amparo, we all need to hear those positive words. As more people begin to awaken they will…"
44 minutes ago
jose' replied to the discussion 'Grand alignment of the planets and the arrival of Planet -x; Nibiru on Sept. 23rd to the 30th ! R-U- Ready?'
"PROVENENTLY THE PEOPLE IS STAY ... NEVER ANY THUS WRITTEN POINTS YOU SEE CLEARLY ........"
1 hour ago
steve posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Joanna posted a blog post
9 hours ago
amparo alvarez posted blog posts
11 hours ago
Maria Szurek liked amparo alvarez's blog post INTERDIMENSIONAL TOURISTS AND OUR I AM PRESENCE - PARTS ONE AND TWO
14 hours ago
Maria Szurek shared amparo alvarez's blog post on Facebook
14 hours ago

© 2017  

About Cookies | Read Community Guidelines | Contact Us | Community Sponsorship