History of Ashtar Command

From Wikipedia, thought you guys might want to know the history on your little religion. I was surprised it's popular enough to warrant a wikipedia article:

----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashtar_Galactic_Command

----

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Ashtar Galactic Command)
Jump to: navigation, search

Ashtar is the name of a purported extraterrestrial being, who was first claimed to be channeled by early UFO contactee George Van Tassel, on 18 July 1952.

Contents

Van Tassel

Although the purported method of communication resembled what is commonly referred to as "channeling",[1] Van Tassel claimed to have established a new form of telepathic communication with extraterrestrial intelligences[2] utilizing a method which included both natural human abilities and the use of an allegedly advanced form of alien technology, rather than the more traditionally "religious" non-technological spiritual medium based approach taken by many other early channelers of the era. Van Tassel maintained that the method he utilized was not a "paranormal" or "metaphysical" activity, but rather an example of the application of an allegedly advanced extraterrestrial science, that anyone could implement with the proper training.[1]

Residing near a large boulder, situated in the desert of southern California called Giant Rock, in a UFO focused community he founded in 1947, the earliest messages Van Tassel claimed to have received from Ashtar were first presented to the public at an annual event called the Giant Rock Spacecraft Convention, which he himself organized. Van Tassel's early purported messages from Ashtar contained a great deal of apocalyptic material, which focused on concerns regarding the development of the soon to be tested hydrogen bomb.[3] Van Tassel also claimed that Ashtar had provided specific messages that he was expected to pass on to the U.S. federal government regarding the potential negative impacts of the proposed upcoming bomb tests.[4]

Ashtar Command

As the weekly channeling sessions at Giant Rock continued through the early 1950s, the Ashtar messages became much more elaborate and began to provide details of the purported existence of an extraterrestrial "government", which claimed to closely monitor activities on earth and offered material and spiritual support to its citizens. This concept of an "Ashtar Command" was appropriated for use by a number of prominent early channelers, both inside and outside the Giant Rock community, and was soon being utilized by several in the context of their own personal claimed messages from Ashtar, along with the use of the figure of Ashtar himself, originally developed by Van Tassel.[5]

By 1955, a few well known channelers of the era, including Elouise Moeller, had incorporated the concept of an Ashtar Command and related ideas, as key components of their own developing systems. Several channelers, including Van Tassel himself, began publishing accounts which described predictions of the imminent arrival of an Ashtar-led UFO armada on earth, in order to guide and protect mankind. The public failure of these predictions had an enormous negative effect on the expansion of the Ashtar Command 'movement'. Without Van Tassel's role as a single authority constituting the sole source of messages from Ashtar, the movement became less cohesive and began to splinter from internal pressures. Several dozen channelers were simultaneously claiming to be obtaining, in some cases, competing authoritative messages directly from Ashtar. The overall movement began to wane in relative popularity because of infighting.[6]

Tuella

After decreasing in popularity within the New Age community for a period of roughly twenty years, the concept of an Ashtar Command was revitalized by a channeler named Thelma B. Terrill, (best known as "Tuella") who channeled messages and wrote a series of books on the subject in the 1970s and 1980s.[7] Her work shifted the focus from Van Tassel's extraterrestrial technological model, to a more 'spiritualized' approach. Tuella's version of the Ashtar narrative tended to play down the necessity of the direct involvement of UFOs in human affairs, with the shift of importance being laid onto purely interior spiritual development as a means of reaching "higher dimensions" and receiving the assistance of Ashtar Command. Despite Tuella's influences, several channelers maintained a separate more UFO-based cosmology, which insisted on the importance of messages from Ashtar containing predictions of the imminent destruction of earth, and the need for a literal physical evacuation of the planet, with the assistance of the spacecraft of Ashtar Command. By the 1990s the movement began to splinter into factions once again.[8]

Yvonne Cole

One individual, named Yvonne Cole, who claimed to be channeling Ashtar messages from 1986, predicted the destruction of all earth civilizations and the arrival on the planet of various alien cultures in 1994. Cole claimed that governments were working with extraterrestrials to prepare for contact.[9][10] These prophecies furthered the continued fracturing and disappointment within the movement when they failed to occur.[11]

Developments after the mid-1990s

Despite these failures, by the mid-1990s, and continuing to present,[2] several of these channeling groups began to utilize the Internet in order to promulgate their beliefs and to attempt to encourage a movement toward unifying the movement and establishing a single 'authoritative' source for all Ashtar messages. Individual channelers espousing messages which differed and continued to focus on themes such as the destruction of earth, were declared invalid. It was claimed that channelers who had avowed such messages in the past and continued to do so, had in fact been deceived by spiritual forces who opposed Ashtar's benevolent intentions. Most significantly of all, the new more unified movement declared that in future no new channeled messages from Ashtar would be accepted as valid unless they complied with criteria established by the recently formed and authoritative core group. The criteria consisted of a set of twelve "guidelines", which it was claimed established a baseline of 'orthodoxy' for the movement. After the alleged radio broadcast from Vrillon in 1977, they also began using the term Ashtar Galactic Command as opposed to simply Ashtar Command (see Southern Television broadcast interruption hoax for more details). Ashtar came to be depicted as commanding a fleet of dozens to hundreds of flying saucers continually monitoring Earth, and the being Vrillon came to be depicted as Ashtar's communications director. [12]

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We post a comparison between Skyrim and  Oblivion listing how they're similar and different and why we decided to like one better than the other. attack us for being Skyrim haters and nothing but little internet trolls.

- People has different taste thus everyone has their own personal rating on everything. The thing is, you are on a Skyrim website, which mean by default it should have an upperhand. Which means members on the site loves and worship Skyrim a lot, so Is naturally biased on it. You know what people do when they are biased on something, they defend it hard. Let's just say that everyone has their own Truth, and if you mock it, then expect yours to be mocked too.

supposed to be about love and openness and all that and then when I post my own views I get BASHED for no reason other than the fact that I didn't use the same words that someone else on the site used.

- weren't you also mocking them for their belief you proclaim to be lacking logic? Obviously their answers are biased - which is procontent,  So how are you any different from them? You cry because they bashed your views, but as retaliation you mock theirs for lacking a logical explanation that you so crave. But to claim that the attacks are one-sided, everyone can see that's pure hypocrisy.

Also if you're expecting to be given a logical reasoning on a website where the core belief heavily relies on Faith and any other unseen forces that can't be just explained by simple logical explanation (that you can understand), I tell you, you will be greatly disappointed (like you are right now).

A great advice, if you want an answer, please do your own research. It's noones responsibility to answer your life questions,but solely yours. Nobody can tell you which is better and which is right for you, only you can discover it. And experience tells you that majority of opinions here will just gravely disappoints you.

And Ashtar Command is not a religion. It is just any other new age/alternative website on the internet. Oh maybe you also call Starseeds.net as a cult or religion? Well that's your view. But I'm sure most of the members on this website doesn't take it so. So saying that Ashtar Command is a religion is ONLY but your own made-up FACT.

• Yea but Reiz, don't you understand...how you're the other side of the problem lol And the GF defamers trying to paint them as bad. You don't have any proof either, yet you always come on here and say how they're bad and mock and judge the people who believe. It's the same thing you don't like about them. Can't you see that.

And I don't agree with you, or the GF defamers, I don't think they're bad. I think they're good. I've defended them on here many times. I've also defended you guys, because you guys have a right to not believe in them. You guys have a right to express that. But it's all just beliefs lol Why fight about beliefs...and I know you'll say, well I astral projected and I saw them...well you know, other people astral project and see something totally different. So how do you know you're right? What real proof do you have that they're not good? And no, astral projection does not count as proof.

Both sides have the same problem. I think both sides need to open up a bit more...and acknowledge, maybe they're wrong. Maybe the GF are good guys, or on the opposite, maybe this is a con. You can still have your belief, I do...but you don't have to be so stuck in it, so rigid...that it becomes an us vs them situation against people who believe different. That's what you guys are doing. Both sides. I understand where you're coming from. I understand where they're coming from. I know which pony I'm picking to win..but I understand both sides, and both sides are okay. We'll find out eventually. But it's not wise to be so caught in your own beliefs, that you can't understand where other people are coming from and feel the need to fight against it.

• I come here for an interesting read now and then and to discuss all sorts of things I dont know what most believe, but I certainly don't see this as a religious site. I'm not nor have I seen anyone here proclaiming any deity worship. I do think it's funny that two people almost exclusively come to such a positive arena to spread fear and negativity. Someone seriously needs to figure out something better to do than to come to a site devoted to love and light and try to bring everyone else down to their "realistic level".
    • That's how I view it too, I view this site as...a spiritual community of people who are going through a spiritual awakening. As it's advertised lol But somehow ETs, GF, disclosure, and all of that...got lumped into the package, where it's take the whole package or you're a problem. You know I was on my path of awakening long before I got into the GF and disclosure idea. I was already into spiritual things, long before getting into new age stuff. Spirituality is universal. Even though I can understand how people put them all together into one package...it's not one package. We can ascend with our without ETs. We can grow spiritually and intellectually...without the GF lol They're not exclusively in the package.

And yes, this is a site for awakening people, spiritually and intellectually....people who are advancing their being..their consciousness, their heart....understanding the ways of the world, the ways of the dark side, the ways of the light...and yes the GF are involved in that, but they're not exclusively included in the package. People are free to not believe in that lol It is possible to still be on the path of awakening yet not believe in the GF. It's very possible. It's not one package, and people need to stop putting it all into one package. I don't even think the doubters are right lol But they're free to not believe in it...without constantly being jumped on, judged, or even forced out of here.

• This is all a battle of beliefs really. You have the side that...believes...that the GF are bad guys, trying to deceive us...and they're trying to pass their belief off as right...even though it exists only as a belief...and they'll say how others are fools for believing different. And it's the exact same on the other side, people who believe....in the GF..and how they're good and trying to help us...and try to pass their belief off as right....even though it exists only as a belief....and say how others are fools for believing different lol It's the same thing, don't you guys understand...it's the same mentality on both sides.

And I've made that mistake too...but you learn from it. I learned that...you know, I don't know who they are. I never met them. How do I know what they're about. I don't know. I know what I believe...and I do believe they're good and are who they say they are. But the fact is, I don't know that until I meet them and I can really get a face to face sense of them and feel them out. And I'm sure I could tell right away whether they're being real or not. But until then, I'm not gonna go around telling people they're wrong for not believing what I believe.

Now, as for love and light...that's different lol This is something that you can understand and realize within. You don't need ETs or that whole line, to understand the value and importance of love and light. So sorry Reiz, you're still wrong about that lol But that's okay...there's alot of things I'm wrong about too, I'm sure lol

But as for the ET thing...it's mostly a battle of egos. It's my beliefs are challenged, I take it personally, so I have to fight back and attack the attacker. Or...I think my beliefs are the truth..and I have to challenge anyone who believes different. That's what it is. And I think if people were honest with themselves, they'd acknowledge that. Until we meet them we don't know. And no astral projection or telepathy doesn't count. Reiz can astral project them and say they're bad....Drekx can telepathize them and say they're good...so how do two people get two totally different senses from the same thing. Someone is wrong. Someone is being fooled, or is fooling himself. And I know both of you will say you're right, the other is wrong....but you know, neither opinion holds any water to me.

I know what I believe..but it could be wrong. I say..for all sides...withhold making a concrete judgment, either way..until they get here...if they ever get here lol

• At the least you are seen as a dramatic self absorbed ignorant control freak who comes here to tell people how to be, you didn't change, you just changed sides. 

wow. .
    um. . what exactly is this lie. . or will this be new shuffling of the cards to counter my. . curiosity as to what exactly is going on here. .
  • Interesting thing about Ashtar Command, Kelly, did you know that you can archive all your messages so that they aren't deleted even if someone leaves the site?  I have every message you have ever given me, which is sad, because I thought we were friends and I shared personal details of my life with you and I still have all of them. 

I also have all of your rants, so enough with the miss innocent victim act, you are playing around with ego and I didn't want to take it to this point but you need a reality check on your behaviour. 

Do some soul searching... I have everything you said about everyone else here, do you really want to go down that path?  At the least you are seen as a dramatic self absorbed ignorant control freak who comes here to tell people how to be, you didn't change, you just changed sides. 

• Oh dear, another endless pro and con discussion hit number one spot. -yawns- Result: I won't even bother to read any of it. Have fun discussing and have a blessed day.

• WOW Drekx!  Spoken like a true lightworker huh?  So ironic.

• Liar liar pants on fire :) 

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1510

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 729

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Movella left a comment on Comment Wall
"Thanks Justin, it’s great to see the truth being exposed.👌🏼"
1 hour ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"Gonna be awesome when all these individuals are eventually brought to justice. https://youtu.be/MuL0H6SqA4g?si=MqkYecDQvnFZDQzz"
2 hours ago
Krishna Kalki replied to Krishna Kalki's discussion UFOs zig-zagging over nuclear power plant …There Is A Reason Why They Are There
"Like I stated before …Beings on this planet spent billions on looking for other planets and trillions on destroying their own planet ..one big danger is nuclear arms which the extraterrestrials are warning us as they have seen beings bestroying…"
3 hours ago
Agarther Z posted a discussion
"Sorry, we didn't know it was invisible." The retired colonel of the Air Force of the SR Yugoslavia, Zoltan Dani, who was at the head of the unit that shot down the American F-117 stealth plane on March 27, 1999, together with his comrades…
3 hours ago
Krishna Kalki posted a discussion
It's not the first time UFOs targeting Nuclear Plants and Nuclear War Heads ...Nuclear misused means danger to the planet.. to the universe ..to all inhabitants SO EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE WARNING HUMANDS NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE ..Read about it…
3 hours ago
"I was actually watching an episode of Ancient Aliens which talks about Mexico's importance in all of this. It talked about the temples down there. Interesting info from that episode. That show may not have perfect truth in it, but it does a good job…"
3 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"Yes, this tradition of mass formation activities by the GFL, over Mexico, was resurrected, at the commencement of the Meso-American "6th sun," solar eclipse, of June 30th 1992 and has taken place, ever since...including those of 2005 and 2006, you…"
3 hours ago
"More sightings down in Mexico. https://youtu.be/uQv7A1wHZwA?si=A6vimHDSrlXiR1lo"
3 hours ago
More…